Anyone else get this yet?
It showed up in my mailbox yesterday, but I didn't get around to opening it until today...
While the "Ewok Animation Cel" I got last year sucked (mine was just 3-4 blue and pink bubbles
), at least it was a great idea to give us a unique collectible that you weren't going to get any place else. This year's pack is full of "free stuff" aka advertisements and is pretty boring IMHO.
I got this "free stuff":
- Form Letter from GL (thanks for all the money, sucker!
- Hasbro "dangler" - aka a paper mobile like you made in 3rd grade arts and crafts
- Episode III LEGO poster - actually pretty cool poster
- Code 3 T-shirt iron-on - would be nicer if it didn't say www.code3.net
across the front of it
- WotC Mon Cal mini - already have him...
- Vader window decal - ok, I guess
- Official 2005 Star Wars Fan Club membership card
And then these advertisements:
- GG Bust-Ups trading card - lame
- Sony Ep3 Soundtrack trading card - lame
- $50 coupon for Code 3 - lame
- 20% off coupon for SW Blinds - lame
- Darth Vader Check advertisement - lame
OK, so I did like the LEGO poster, that was kinda cool. Also, the free WotC mini was nice, but I already have the Mon Cal guy.
Other than the window decal and the membership card, everything else was a direct tie/advertisement to some licensee - Hasbro, LEGO, GG, WotC, Code 3, etc - and was trying to sell me something SW.
It would have been nice if they could have passed out "Droids" Animation Cels or something else lost in those vacuous LFL vaults. I mean, it's nice they gave us something
, but it just would have been nice if it was more than just ads for SW stuff...