There are a few army-builders that I think it is time Hasbro starts going back to the drawing board and doing some major resculpting, others that could use a little tweaking, and still others that could use some head variants.
ALL NEW SCULPTS:
Hoth Rebel Trooper
- I think that the one that came with the Deluxe Hoth Cannon is pretty cool, and much better than the regular POTF2 bearded man, but an all new one would be a welcome addition I think, especially if it were on par with the new Hoth Han Solo. With the improved Snowtrooper already on the way, this could be coming too. Somewhere I think I might have seen it mentioned on a preview list?
- I don't feel that Hasbro has done this awesome army-builder justice as of yet, here it is over a year since EPII's release, and we are yet to have a great all-around Clone. How about one that has CT Stormtrooper-esque articulation with added wrist articulation? The Clone 3-pk will be a lot of fun, but I wish that a better carded version would come out too. I'm sure eventually one will, but I have to have one tomorrow when I go to Walmart.
- This is still a great figure (possibly my favorite ever), but wouldn't it be nice if somewhere down the road they re-released it as a basic carded figure with added wrist articulation? And possibly a blaster that could attach a blast effect?
Naboo Guard (orange/yellowish outfit)
- Maybe a complete overhaul would be better, but I wouldn't mind the earlier one being re-released with some added articulation, or even a head variant which could also go into the next category.
- Pretty simple here, just make one that looks like a Mexican or Spanish man like the vintage version, and perhaps an African American one too. That would be awesome. Considering they are doing it with the Outlander Club patrons, I feel they should do the same with the Bespin Guards, who tend to be much more recognizable to casual fans and kids too.
There's more than these right now that I could mention, this is probably just the tip of the iceberg.
What are your opinions? Are there some others you would like to see?