Author Topic: Underwater X-wing on ebay  (Read 2792 times)

Offline mastermatt24

• Youngling
  • Im a Dude!
    • View Profile
Underwater X-wing on ebay
« on: November 11, 2005, 03:06 AM »
This isnt mine, and im not advertising it, but I thought this was a very interesting idea.
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-STAR-WARS-X-WING-DEATH-STAR-OIL-PAINTING_W0QQitemZ8721808653QQcategoryZ69435QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I really like the idea but I think that the artist couldve have made it quite a bit more mangled and damaged. What do you guys think?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Underwater X-wing on ebay
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 02:21 AM »
Definately needs some work... neat idea, though.

I like alot of this accounts' stuff... but the artist appears to have copied alot of others artists' work... namely a few of those Jango Fett shots (Ripped from the 'Bounty Hunter' article in Playstation Magazine) and the Star Destroyer (the 'Port' design is ripped from IG88's wallpapers).

:-\
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 02:23 AM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #2 on: December 7, 2005, 01:03 PM »
I agree, its a good idea, but could benefit from some more things, such as battle damage. It would be neat to see some seaweed/kelp over it or some other creatures swimming around...right now it looks more like a fish tank than an environment. I also think it would be cool to see some creature make a home out of the cockpit, like a hermit crab in a shell or an eel in corral. Its his painting though, so to each his own, and I still like it.

I'm just wondering about the "vintage" darth maul painting the seller has... :P
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 11:32 PM »
I remember seeing that picture before...on a CGI art site. Who referred me to that site...I think it was someone here from Romania? Anyway....loved it so much it was my desktop background for about a year and a half.