Author Topic: The Other Half and Your Collection  (Read 16399 times)

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
Re: The Other Half
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2009, 09:37 AM »
It's a classic case of not setting the rules beforehand and letting the woman disrespect you. They got to respect your hobby and deal with it especially if you are the breadwinner and are responsible with your money/time. ...

When I started dating my wife and other chics after my ex I laid the rules out. I collect SWs and lift weights, it's what I do ....

I just moved and now have my own bedroom for my collection. My family is taken care of first but I got my space and was part of the criteria of our house hunting. Women no matter what age, race, or background will respect you more if you hold your ground. (Look for pics coming soon on my ultimate SW room soon)

I keep reading this and it just keeps getting funnier and funnier.  Gold.  If you were going for parody, you nailed it. 

It's not JUST the exagerrated machismo....it's that it's in the context of Star Wars toys!!  LMAO..."Woman, you'd better RESPECT my little plastic men!  Now step out my collecting room and fix me some blue milk."

The only thing that would make the whole post more perfect is if it ended with this.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: The Other Half and Your Collection
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2009, 04:59 PM »
My g/f sometimes just does this  ::) when another parcel of figures arrives. Glad she wasn't home when those two CW Octuptarras knocked on my door  ;D

But I've got a nice little room for my collection and customizing needs, although I've got five boxes of potential fodder on the attic. But most of my collection is in that little room. And the room is getting smaller by the week  ;)