Author Topic: Flash! AAAAA-AAAAAH!  (Read 3849 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Flash! AAAAA-AAAAAH!
« on: February 16, 2007, 05:24 PM »
http://toytraderz.com/eventgallery/v/toyfair2007/bifbangpow/

OK, so I don't give a turd about the bobbleheads, but the Flash and Ming figures are freakin' awesome!  Amazing likenesses to Sam Jones and Max Von Sydow.  I've been wanting Flash Gordon figures since way back when, so it's nice to see some finally being produced.  I can only hope the line is successful and we see some other characters like Klytus, Dale Arden and Vultan.

Is anyone else as stoked about this as I am?  :)

John

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Flash! AAAAA-AAAAAH!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 09:00 PM »
Now I've seen everything! :-\
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 01:34 AM »
Best soundtrack ever... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 01:44 AM »
Still waiting on Flesh Gordon toys myself....
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 02:09 AM »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2007, 12:18 PM »
The guy at the EE.com booth mentioned they had rights to all character likenesses so we would see Vultan, Prince Baron and possibly even a regular Hawman.  Plus variations, of Flash and Baron and Ming.

He also said that they are hoping for a few more points of articulation but they were not going to be going for Super Articulation, mostly more the DC Direct style...7-8 points maybe.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #6 on: March 4, 2008, 10:39 PM »
Wave 2 is on the way

I have to admit, as insanely excited as I was for this line I worried that it wouldn't do well.  It's a big risk taking stock in a camp 80s throwback that doesn't have a *huge* cult following, but thankfully BBP has done well enough with Ming and Flash (and their variants) that more figures are on the way.  They announced the tenative lineup a few months ago, but there were no definites yet because they weren't exactly sure how the first series was going to sell.

Klytus has been my favorite from the movie since I was a kid so I'm dying to see that one, but I'm almost equally as excited to see the Dale Arden figure.  I was hoping that they'd release her in either her gold "slave girl" outfit or the wedding gown, and it sounds like it's going to be the gown.  Prince Barin is another good choice, and while I'm not a big fan of variants I'm sure the Flash in "Flash" t-shirt will look good.

With any luck we'll see a series 3 with Vultan, Aura and Zarkov.  :)

John

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 6, 2008, 02:33 AM »
I want my Prince Vultan figure!
I remember my dream now.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 6, 2008, 12:43 PM »
I ordered these guys from EE last July, and finally got Ming and Flash last December.  They're really cool figures from one of my most favorite movies ever.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 5, 2008, 09:22 AM »
Have to admit that the figures look fantastic. If I didn't have a massive SW collection already, I'd might lick these up.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 10:32 PM »
Man, am I depressed.  I recently decided to give up collecting indefinitely, and the only pieces I've kept are my Metroid Samus statue from First 4 Figures and the Flash Gordon figures from Bif Bang Pow.  I've been waiting 28 years for figures from that movie, and with three new figures on the way I wasn't about to send them off.  Not to metion that wave 2 is on the way relatively soon.  I gotta say though, I am not impressed with wave 2.

http://sdcc08.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=669

I hope to all that's holy that these aren't the final versions.  After the striking Ming and Flash figures that truly represent the actors, Barin and Dale look nothing like Timothy Dalton and Melody Anderson.  And Klytus...when the **** did he turn orange?   ???

Maybe someone that went to SDCC can chime in and tell me they look much better in person, because I'm sad to say that I don't see myself buying these if this is what they're going to look like.

John