Author Topic: Marauder Inc.  (Read 34563 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Marauder Inc.
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2005, 11:53 AM »
Did they tell you you were getting one? That would be a real nice suprise, getting a sniper rifle with my AKs and pulse rifles.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2005, 12:43 PM »
I got a bonus sniper rifle with my order as well.  I wasn't sure if I had ordered it or not  :-[ but I guess it was a bonus from Marauder Inc.  I will definitely give them a bunch of my $$$ when those new weapons come in
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2005, 12:55 PM »
Yeah, I really can't wait for those new space rifles to come out. I hope I get a rifle with mine.

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2005, 03:15 AM »
Marauder John usually tosses in a Dragnuv Sniper Rifle with bipod as a bonus with most if not all of the orders placed through his store.

Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2005, 09:10 PM »
Woohoo! Got my guns today. I recieved a sniper rifle as an added bonus, but lost the bipod. :-[ His guns are super-high quality, I really can't wait for Wave 2.

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2006, 05:39 AM »
There's a really nice review of the Wave 2 prototypes here.

www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2006, 09:16 AM »
That is a really nice review. The pics of all the weapons just blow my mind, and I might have to buy at least one of each, they're so awesome. Are these available yet?

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 11:21 PM »
Just got an e-mail from Marauderjohn concerning the status of Wave 2:

"Hey Dan!
Greetings!  Just wanted to give you a quick update on the 2nd series.  The production tool is complete & tested. Actual production should begin within a week and product should still be available by mid March.  So far, so good..."

There you have it! With any luck, we'll all be swimming in P-90s and Pulse Rifles (as well as all of the other great new weapons) by the middle of next month! I, personally, cannot wait to get these in my hands and into the hands of my action figures :D

As I get more info, I'll pass it on :)

« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 11:23 PM by Spectre »

www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 10:59 PM »
Just got an e-mail from Marauderjohn concerning the status of Wave 2:

"Hey Dan!
Greetings!  Just wanted to give you a quick update on the 2nd series.  The production tool is complete & tested. Actual production should begin within a week and product should still be available by mid March.  So far, so good..."

There you have it! With any luck, we'll all be swimming in P-90s and Pulse Rifles (as well as all of the other great new weapons) by the middle of next month! I, personally, cannot wait to get these in my hands and into the hands of my action figures :D

As I get more info, I'll pass it on :)

I can't wait either. I'm going to be buying P-90s galore next months.:)
"This is the way."

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
A Review Of The Coolest Gun In The World!
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2006, 09:13 PM »
Today I found a package waiting waiting for me on the little table just inside the apartment complex's door, just like I do about four or five times a week (I do alot of trading across 5 different boards). This package intrigued me as there was no return address. I took it upstairs and opened it up to find a thank you note and a plastic action figure case nestled inside some tissue paper. Apon removing the tissue paper I found this:

Your friend and mine, Marauderjohn had seen fit to bestow the only existing prototype of the upcoming "Sci-Fi Blaster" to me as a thank you for my support of his company and input into the second wave of Marauder, Inc. weapons! I cannot begin to tell you how happy this makes me as I have been looking forward to this weapon for months now :D

The first thing that struck me apon removing the prototype from the baggie is just how small it is (1 3/8" as per the enclosed product description strip). Looking at the original prototype pics from last fall made it hard to judge the size of the weapon. It's overall design looked as if it could be anything from a full-sized rifle, an uzi-sized carbine, to a large pistol. I had been speculating about the final scale for months now and I have to tell you that I am very impressed and happy with the size. It perfectly fits the role of a light assault carbine similar to the Stormtrooper or Clonetrooper class weapons without looking too unweildy or too puny.

After taking in the size/scale, I really took a hard long look at the details in the sculpt. There are alot of very nicely delineated details like a ribbed butt on the stock, recessed areas all over the gun, a fire-selection switch on the left side above the handle, and what looks to be a cocking bolt for anyone who wants to use it as a next-generation machinegun instead of a laser/energy weapon. BTW- the weapon tends to look a little more natural in the hands when held by figures with an extended trigger finger due to the shape of the top of the handle.

Most amazing to me, and most likely a HUGE selling point for the buying public, is the weapons versatility. With design elements reminiscent of the Covenant weapons from the "Halo" series of video games, several popular science-fiction television and movie properties, the real world light assault weapons like the P-90, and the ambiguity in design to function as either a sci-fi or modern military weapon, this great little gun will find a use (in multiples!) in just about everyone's armory!

I can just imagine how incredible this gun (as well as all of the other great Wave 2 Marauder, Inc. weapons) will look in their production black :D

I cannot wait until I can order several dozen of this versatile weapon!

And now for what you've all been waiting for, pics of various figures all enjoying the goodness that is Marauder, Inc.'s "Sci-Fi Blaster"!:

My McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper is digging the sheer rebel-killing power of this great little gun :)

The Sci-Fi Blaster looks right at home in the hands of a Covenant Elite mini-figure!

The Master Chief Takes a turn...

Even mystical ninja-fied commandos love 'em! ;)

Back in the baggie for safe-keeping.

Sleep well little Sci-Fi Blaster, all of your brothers and sisters will be here soon...

I give the Marauder, Inc. Sci-Fi Blaster the "Spectre Seal Of Approval"!

Thanks again, John! I REALLY apreciate it! :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 10:56 PM by Spectre »

www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2006, 10:35 PM »
Awesome gun, it definitely screams "Halo" to me, I can't wait to get a set.  It'll be awesome once Marauder John starts making "real" Halo weapons like the battle rifle and SMGs (I hope!)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 4, 2006, 07:06 PM »
It looks like on their site he's added the section for Series 2 singles and sets- just nothing up yet. Hope they're up soon, though, I need weapons, I'm running low.

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2006, 01:55 PM »
The Marauder guns are awesome.  I received some of the guns through him on ebay and they are very cool.  I really like the AK-47 for my Cobra soldiers and Vipers.

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2006, 12:31 PM »
MARAUDER, INC. SERIES 2 IS AVAILABLE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TO THE SITE AND ORDER LOTS OF STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 12:32 PM by Spectre »

www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2006, 09:29 PM »
Big thanks go out to Marauderjohn for hooking me up with a set of Series 2 weapons early to review!

The first thing that you will notice about Marauder, Inc. Series 2 is that there are twice as many weapons as there were in Series 1! The weapons range from 9mm handguns to an RPG with lots of different caliber weapons in between, There's even a non-gun weapon (a first for Marauder, Inc.) in the form of an expertly sculpted katana. The selection of weapons covers a broad range of U.S., European, Soviet, and even otherworldly designs, giving customers a wide choice of accessories to choose from depending on their field of interest (although I'm sure that most customers will want all of them in multiples :D ). An added selling point for this series is the addition of removable ammo magazines on the heavy machine guns and Thompson submachine gun (the heavy machine guns also come with spare ammo boxes as another added bonus!).

The sculpts are all dead-on to their real world counterparts (with the exception of the "Sci-Fi Blaster" as it hails from Marauderjohn's imagination :) ) and there are details aplenty. Everything from cocking bolts to fire selector switches are present and all very well deliniated, a bold indication of the skill Marauder, Inc.'s sculptors posess. One thing to keep in mind though about some of the new weapons'handles, they are too thick/wide for original ARAH hands due to the risk of thumb breakage (most notably on the pistols and submachine guns).

The weapons' scale, like their sculpts, is accurate to the real world weapons they represent. This is especially impressive when it comes to the handguns, which many manufacturers tend to make way to big to prevent easy loss or swallowing. Marauder, Inc.'s handguns are not oversized cannons masquerading as pistols :)

As always, the plastic is of a very high quality, far better than what Hasbro utilizes in the modern line. I doubt that there will be much in the way of bending or breakage (with the possible exception of the extremely thin katana) from even rough play :)

And now for what you have all been waiting for, the pictures!

Don't laugh at my choice of models, the only other Joes I currently have in my posession are the Ninja Battles figures and they all have oddly posed hands that did not allow the weapons to sit properly in their arms and most of my Star Wars figures are still packed up until next weekend.

Sci-Fi Blaster:

Comparison between prototype (top) and production (bottom)

NCM Rifle:

P-90 PDW (Personal Defense Weapon):

Modified P38 Walther Automatic Pistol:

M60-E3 Heavy Machine Gun:

HK-G36c Assault Rifle:

Thompson "Tommygun" Submachine Gun:

M-4 Carbine Assault Rifle W/"Under" Shotgun:

M-16 Assault Rifle W/Grenade Launcher:

L85 (SA80) Assault Rifle:

AK-74 Assault Rifle W/Grenade Launcher:

SIG550 Assault Rifle W/Double Ammo Clip And Scope:

NVR Rifle:

AUG77 Assault Rifle:

M249 SAW W/ Bipod:

RPG Launcher:

KH-MP5 Submachine Gun:

HK-MP5K "Mini" Submachine Gun:

Firefly/Serenity fans take note: this is the same weapon that Jayne Cobb carries throughout the series and the film!

MAC-10 Submachine Gun W/Silencer:

HK SOCOM "Mark23" Automatic Pistol W/Silencer:

9mm Automatic Pistol:

Samurai Katana Sword:

Marauder, Inc. Class Of 2006 group photo:

Final Impression:
I'm really very happy with the selection, sculpt, and scale of Series 2. I knew it would be hard to beat the quality of Series 1, but Marauder, Inc. has done just that in spades! My personal faves are the Sci-Fi Blaster, NCM Rifle, P-90, and the HK-G36C, but I'm impressed with the entire assortment.

I give Marauder, Inc. Series 2 the "Spectre Seal Of Approval"!

Now go to Marauder, Inc.'s Website and order lots of stuff so Marauderjohn can start planning Series 3! :D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 10:13 PM by Spectre »

www.goodtogocustoms.com