Author Topic: TALES OF THE 305TH- FIRST CONTACT  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
TALES OF THE 305TH- FIRST CONTACT
« on: November 14, 2005, 08:06 PM »
GRAND ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC MISSION LOG
STAFF SARGEANT LISTER, 305 LEGION

"We were stationed at the most remote place on Kashykkk. It was a mudhole- endless hours of slugging through swamps and bogs in search of the seemingly non-existent 'Anti-Republic Extermist Group', who had been launching raids on the local Wookie villages. It was around 11:00 AM on the fifth day we were there when all hell broke loose. We were on an average patrol, setting up motion sensors around the perimeter of a seldom seen clearing in the Kashykkk wilderness. Agen Kolar was accompyaning us on this patrol: Ki-Adi was back at the command center. There were sudden reports from the woods surronding the clearing. Commander's recon vehicle just obliterated into nothing, the Commander immediately killed. I suddenly realized that we were going up against an enemy we could not see- they had too much natural cover. 

Another Jedi Knight was on the mission as his first in the field, sadly it would also be his last. I heard an inhuman screaming sound come from overhead. I detached myself from my sniper scope long enough to see one of our legion's ARCs go down about 50 yards in front of us. The shock wave nearly knocked over the HASV and the assault vehicle behind us. The pilot died on impact, but the navigations one managed to climb out, coughing from the smoke, and he took shelter under the downed ship's hull.

Agen Kolar desperately tried to rally the forces behind the vehicle barrier but to no avail.

The marksmen and I tried to defeat the rebels, but we could do nothing. We fired into the woods blindly.

The scout trooper in the assault vehicle's accelerated particle cannon fired wildy into the woods, and were rewarded with a loud explosion, but the shells coming from the woods didn't slow down.

The Jedi and another marksman broke forward of our barrier and tried to charge the woods. The Jedi was hit with a artillery shell in the chest and the clone was hit with a napalm grenade on the spot. It was horrifying.

We continued firing, but so did the AREG. After a while, the HASV got started up and we slowly stemmed the flow. Suddenly, the firing stopped. The rebels were calling a retreat, for now. Our commander, Jedi, and a marksman was dead, two of our vehicles destroyed, and the legion's morale shattered. It was terrible.

Back at the command center, Commander Rayders and I had a debriefing of our own. 'It's a miracle we survived that encounter,' I said. 'The rebels had us pinned down.'

' I know. Let's just hope and pray that's not a foreshadowing of things to come.'

I'm still learing this photonovel thing. I hope you like it. Any Comments/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 12:55 PM by darth_nirvana »
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Chronicles of the 305th- First Contact
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 12:23 AM »
I'll comment in more detail tomorrow when I have more time, but from first glance it looks really good.  You might want to move it to the photonovel section though?

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: TALES OF THE 305TH- FIRST CONTACT
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 05:10 PM »
#2 Part 2 will be using scenery and such. #2 Part 1 is up, hope you like it.

Offline S_A_Longhorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Hook 'Em Horns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 04:49 PM »
DARTH NIRVANA,

Awesome Clone customs. I really like the pic you took using Crispy Anakin's body with your custom Clone.  I need to read these in order, as this was the first I read.  Had to comment on the great looking customs.

The story was also perfect for your Clones.  great to read/see something original but still involved with the Clone Wars.

"WE HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE.  TODD WILL COOPERATE."
-Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, a week before her husband, Todd Palin, refused to cooperate

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 05:37 PM »
Thanks! I'm writing #3, Part 1- TWO BETRAYALS right now and it should be up in a half hour or so. Check it out!

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 12:51 PM »
Looks great so far!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!