Author Topic: "A Million Little Pieces" The Book  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
"A Million Little Pieces" The Book
« on: November 15, 2005, 04:47 PM »
A Million Little Pieces is a book authored by James Frey. It is about 6 weeks he spent in alcohol/drug rehab and how he overcame his addictions without a 12 Step program. I believe he has 14 years of sobriety now.

The book is unbelievable!!! I is so graphic, brutally honest and inspiring. I did not want to put it down and I did not want to finish reading it or for it to end. He has a follow-up book called "My Friend Leonard" that is equally compelling and weel-written. I recommend both to any and everyone! For those that can't relate to addictions, it is an honest and real look into the mind of addiction. James life is really incredible and he was at the right place at the right time. I am coming up on 11 years of sobriety and this book has reminded me of the importance of the now and being sober. It made me feel less alone and understood.

He was on Oprah and my wife demanded I watch it. I was blown away and cannot say enough about James Frey and his amazing books and life.

I do not care who you are. If you enjoy reading and need a good book, go buy A Million Little Pieces right now!!!
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: "A Million Little Pieces" The Book
« Reply #1 on: April 5, 2006, 04:19 AM »
A Million Little Pieces is a book authored by James Frey. It is about 6 weeks he spent in alcohol/drug rehab and how he overcame his addictions without a 12 Step program. I believe he has 14 years of sobriety now.

The book is unbelievable!!! It is so graphic, brutally honest and inspiring. . .

. . .it is an honest and real look into the mind of addiction. James life is really incredible and he was at the right place at the right time.

I was blown away and cannot say enough about James Frey and his amazing books and life.

Sorry.  Just came across this thread while searching for another and couldn't let it go unresponded to after all of the hullabaloo from a couple months ago.

I read somewhere that the book is being turned into a movie and the surviving half of Milli Vanilli is scheduled to do the soundtrack. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."