Author Topic: In Rem's Customs - PN Updated: 6/12  (Read 32067 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: In Rem's Customs - as of 10/27/05
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 02:52 PM »
Thanks InRem, when I do, it won't be anything spectacular probably.  I'm sure yours and Owens will be much better.  I won't be doing any sculpting, but I am going to try and give him some really good articulation.

:P

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 02:56 PM »
...I am going to try and give him some really good articulation.

I *just* snagged an Episode I Battle Droid on ebay so I can harvest the arms for that very purpose :-)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 06:52 PM »
Great looking IG unit I like how you've done the weathering on the red areas very well done.

Ron

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 09:13 PM »
if you have a second ig maybe you could mkae a lancer version.
 thats what they wer originaly made for take epi one b droid  joints in the knees and get a durge bike and add a lance ......... you know what i may try this i amaze even myself lol

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #19 on: November 1, 2005, 01:09 AM »
Just a little fun...

I finished another Koe grunt tonight (he's the one in the back on the left; nothing special), and decided to put him in a scene indicative of the kind of messes Koe regularly finds himself in.

This is my first real stab at anything like this. Let's just say I can now see why Chewie sometimes has to re-shoot his pics :).

After a little more playing:

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: In Rem's Customs - as of 10/31/05 (Pshop fun!)
« Reply #20 on: November 1, 2005, 02:44 AM »
DAMN i thought that was a movie clip for a second awesome photo work.

Ron

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: In Rem's Customs - as of 10/31/05 (Pshop fun!)
« Reply #21 on: November 1, 2005, 10:32 AM »
Even more pshop fun... this one's kinda cheezy, but I like it anyway :-)

Comments?

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: In Rem's Customs - Update 11/01/05 ( Even more Pshop fun!)
« Reply #22 on: November 3, 2005, 10:17 PM »
Nice job man!  They really do have the screen-capture feel to them, excellent photoshop work and excellent customs!

I like the second pic of KOE and his gang, very cool.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: In Rem's Customs - Update 11/01/05 ( Even more Pshop fun!)
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2005, 01:55 AM »
Here's a preview of a Mon Calamari Jedi I've made to lead Koe's troops (until Order 66, anyway). No idea on his name yet, but he's obviously a knight. The saber has an oversized hilt and a yellow blade... not sure why yet, but I had the right parts for it, and yellow just looks cool.

recipe is way too easy: Meena T head and hands, washed in burnt umber (heavy on the lighter flesh tones, lighter on the darker) to vary up the look, rest is Ki Adi Mundi with full black and umber wash. I did modify the Meena blaster to fit the belt, so this guy packs a sidearm, and I made a second, unlit saber hilt with a peg to fit the right hip. More pics later... I just wanted to get something up.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 09:40 AM by In Rem »

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: In Rem's Customs - Update 11/14/05 (Mon Cal Jedi)
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2005, 04:14 PM »
I think I'll be the first to comment on this, and it looks sweet! I've never thought of a Mon Cal Jedi, nice use of Ki-Adi's body and cloak. I like the long saber hilt, nice touch.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2005, 04:37 PM »
That Mon Calamari is simply amazing.  I was looking at the Ki Adi hood recently and liked how well it fit over a Mon Cal head.  Looks like I will have to copy this custom of yours.  I like how long his lightsaber hilt is too!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2005, 04:49 PM »
I'll  have to agree with  Chewie and darth_nirvana that is one sweet looking custom you sure know how to produce these cutsoms in a great and colourful way well done.

Ron

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2005, 08:14 PM »
Thanks for the kind comments, guys. This one really is a cinch, so I hope you all will add a Mon Cal to your Jedi ranks, too. You really don't even have to paint him at all unless you want him to look a little different from Meena and Ki.

The hilt is from an odd 1:144 Marasai kit, and I had to wrap the lit sabre with some fine wire to make it thick enough for him to hold. I'd have preferred to not do it, but you don't see much of it when he's holding it, so... :)

I'll post some more pics of him tonight. Again, thanks for the feedback. I very much appreciate the time you guys take to comment.

Offline GGPiKE

• Youngling
  • ppka
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2005, 11:48 PM »
Well after seeing this, I picked up an extra Ki-Adi on the way home from work. Got home and plunked Meena's head and hands on there and what a beauty it is!

Also, for some reason I had a helmet from the '94 GI Joe Star Brigade line lying around(Sci Fi's) sans the redish/pinkish clear part on, so just the gray helmet. Lo and behold (with minor trimming on the front) it fits right on Meena's head. Got me thinking about getting some Mon Cal shock troopers going on. I'll put pics up soon.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Mon Calamari Jedi - Now with 4% more Photoshop
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2005, 12:13 AM »
I was kinda bored at work today, so I made this:

:D

OK guys, here're the additional pics I promised of my Mon Calamari Jedi. I did some detailing tonight I hope you all will appreciate...

For anyone familiar with sea life, crabs and lobster take to cracked shells pretty well. They show a nice scar, but they do just fine with what appear to be pretty serious wounds. I imagine a Mon Calamari in the field is bound to take a shot in the head at some time, primarily because he's not all that concerned when something glances off the ol' dome. Check out the nice scar:

It is *very* difficult to capture in pictures (especially bad ones like the one below), but I've given him a secondary shell color - a nice cool green that's blended into the pinkish red we see on most Mon Cals. This is a shot of the back of his head. About as boring as they get, but the detail is in there if you look hard enough :)

Ready for action, sans photo effects on the beefy saber. It's about twice as thick as a typical lightsaber... I envision it as being some sort of light-meat-clever...

A slightly tighter shot with a photo effect lit saber.

Packin'

Hooded and slingin' bolts. This shot shows some of the green detail better.

"Dude, seriously, this is just ridiculous..."
"It wasn't my idea, Ki. I promise..."

OK, if you've made it this far, I want your help. I'm struggling with a good name for this guy. I like two word names. Here are some I've kicked around, and if you like one please let me know.

Sedo Tan
Sedo Sen
Dist Fahn
Des Fahn
Sedo Fahn

I'm open to any and all ideas. I really love this guy, but his name won't come to me, and he needs a name. :p

« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 04:39 PM by In Rem »