Author Topic: In Rem's Customs - PN Updated: 6/12  (Read 32060 times)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: In Rem's Customs - 12/06/05 - Exiles
« Reply #75 on: December 7, 2005, 04:17 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, guys. I think they've come along nicely. I need a new walking stick for the Cerean (that's a hobby file he's holding right now, and as much as I like it as his walking stick, I need that file back)

I have decided on a few names:

Nautolan - Pyt Sek
Isolationist political activist banished from his home long ago for attacking Republic officials he considered to be imperial occupiers of his home world. In the scuffle that resulted in his banishment, Pyt lost the use of his left eye. He refuses to patch his ghastly wounds, opting to display his scars as evidence of Republic corruption.

Cerean - Cezlu (pronounced "say-LOO") Jes
Religious leader who professes to commune directly with the Force as one would communicate with another living being. In other words, he speaks aloud to the Force and claims to get regular responses which he perceives as spoken word. Cezlu lacks any power to use the Force. He was banished from his home for alleging that leaders were too deferential to the warlords of the Republic and the equally corrupt Jedi Council.

Unknown alien - Ezo Ezu ("Ezz")
Origins unknown. Ezz speaks little of any language that Pyt or Cezlu understand, but he has been a reliable ally who seems to be very skittish of any form of authority figure. That's all Cezlu and Pyt require of him...

These exiles left their homeworlds and resolved to seek a new home on the Outer Rim where they could be free of any and all government entanglements.

Their plans brought them to the very edge of the civilized galaxy, but had they outrun the devastating reach of the Clone Wars?
« Last Edit: December 7, 2005, 05:50 PM by In Rem »

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: In Rem's Customs - 12/10/05 - Kel Dor, Clone Radio Man
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2005, 12:21 PM »
A couple of new additions today...

First is I.O. (Eye-oh), Koe's radio man.

Large, whip ant. helps keep Koe in contact with his drop ship even on the longest foot patrol missions.

And here's one I've been wanting to do for a long, long time - a Kel Dor soldier. I think he might be my entry in this month's Custom Challenge.

The head is an AOTC Plo, the hands are from the AOTC Plo. The body is a Japanese Machine Gunner from the 21st Century line, and the gun is a cut down gun from the same figure.

I gave him a new skintone and resculpted his mask to try and make it clear he wasn't Plo. The hands have carved pegs, so his wrists are still articulated. The neck was sculpted to fit this body specifically. There was a lot of work there, actually. :) The skull is an Aqualish custom gone bad, so I'm going to work on stripping that down and painting it bone white for a prop. :P

And here's something I've noticed... the cape from the first crack at a Lando General Hasbro cursed us with fits Clones like a GLOVE. I think I'm going to coordinate the Kama and cape and just weather this guy... I'm digging the Vader-ish look!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2005, 12:34 PM »
Wow, InRem. Kicks the crap out of my radio man. How'd you make the antenna and the backpack? The Kel Dor soldier is awesome, but I'm not really sure how I feel about his gun. Maybe put the clip on the bottom? It sticks out too much, IMO. The Clone Commander is nice too- some weathering and maybe paint the cape a darker color- and he would look awesome.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2005, 02:04 PM »
the radio clone man is my favorite custom you have done, second only to the Mon Cal jedi. i really like the antenna length and the backpack. the leg pouch is a nice touch too. great weathering and coloring -- good job!

the Kel Dor soldier has a great skintone color and the paint job looks great on it. however, for some reason, it freaks me out --- looks sinister and sort of like zombie dead skin or something.  :-[

the Lando cape fits the clone commander great InRem, nice idea. it kind of reminds me of an Endor soldier type trench coat so maybe he might be some sort of clone sent to a Forest planet, if you wanted to paint the cape in camo colors. i'm anxious to see him finished.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2005, 03:34 PM »
The Sith are in full effect on this fair Saturday. Thanks for the comments, Nirvana and ripley!

Nirvana -
Hey, I thoroughly enjoy your Clones, so I can't agree that mine "kicks the crap" out of yours (although I appreciate your sentiment). The radio pack is a headphone can from a 12" SAS figure. The ant. is just a length of fairly rigid, insulated black wire.

On the Kel Dor, that clip is where it was located on the source gun (a Japanese WWII machine gun). I might make the clip shorter, but I like the idea of a top-mounted power pack for some reason. It's just different enough to make sense with an alien that looks as odd as a Kel Dor :)

As for the Lando cape, you've suggested exactly what I'm planning...I just have to decide on a color for the cape and kama to go with whatever base theme I choose...

ripley -
Thanks for the kind comments on the radio trooper. He came together better than I thought he would. I need to group shot my little squad now. Koe and his Killers are starting to look like a real-deal squad... :P

As for the Kel Dor, I am absolutely ecstatic with your comment! To me, Plo Koon looks like he has Zombie skin, so I was going for that, only blue! Look closely Plo... his skin looks *awful* - and at least when he's at Council he's clean and well-kept. This guy would be a bit field warn. No damage or anything, but rough. I understand where you're coming from with him freaking you out a bit, but think of that as a good thing :)

I'm not sure what I'll do with this Lando cape, but it will be around this Clone's neck... I just need to decide on a concept for him. Yours is a good suggestion.

Thanks both of you for the comments. I always appreciate hearing from my fellow customizers.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2005, 07:51 PM »
That is a very cool radio man! I like the rollup cott he carries and the radio backpack. The Plo Koon-like guy is got to be one of your best. I can see how you think he has zombie skin. He's not a guy I would like to meet in a dark alley.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2005, 09:15 PM »
Very nice update, very nice indeed. 

Clone w/ cape - Yeah, you did find a great use for that damn cape!  All of a sudden it seems like a much better piece!

Kel Dor - Pretty cool there.  He kind of has a WW2 look to him still, but that's ok.  Maybe painting the uniform orange or something like that could make it look less "earthly."  But that's not a criticism, just an idea.  Good all around custom, and I like his skin tone.  The skull is cool.  Maybe drill into the eyes a bit to make them look more like sockets?

Radio Clone - What a great idea, a Communications Trooper - kind of like a Cobra TeleViper?  Did you mix parts with the AT-RT driver, or just repaint them?  Either way it looks fantastic and I love the accessories.  They look very useful and realistic.

:P

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2005, 11:15 AM »
Thanks, M_P and CHEWIE  -

M_P, the funny thing about that Kel Dor is I made him with the full intention of him being a good guy, either Rebel or Republic-loyalist. That whole alien design, for some reason, is quite intimidating, though. I like having someone who looks the part of the bad guy being in league with the good guys. :)

The bedroll on the Radio clone came from the same Japanese Machine Gunner who donated his body to the Kel Dor... that's a great figure for parts. Lots of pouches and ammo boxes with him.

CHEWIE, I have had that Lando cape in my parts bin for a long time, and I decided to go through and try on the capes I had to see what works. I was as shocked as you when THAT cape worked well. :)

The uniform on the Kel Dor is stock. I painted the lower legs uniform brown to give him the appearance of boots (as opposed to shoes and leggings). I may still change the color scheme up, but for now I'm inclined to leave him along until it bothers me... On that Aqualish skull, it's still very much a WIP. Good idea to bore out the sockets a little more.

And the Radio Clone is very much like a TeleViper. He's more inspired by the Vietnam and WWII movies I've see... always had a lightly armed radio man in the group, and it made sense to me that Koe and his squad would set down on a planet, leave their ship at the LZ, and then rely on the radio man to relay messages to and from the drop ship which in turn relayed the messages to high command/orbital ships. Overthought a little, probably, but good inspiration :)

Thanks again, guys.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2005, 11:19 AM »
The more I look at the Kel Dor, the more I like it. I like that he can look both ways-good and bad. He looks like he can be a tough guy with good intentions. I really like him. And, if you didn't catch my PM, thanks again for giving me that idea about the SWAT team. They're up in my thread now.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: In Rem's Customs - 12/10/05 - a Kel Dor Soldier and a Clone Radio Man
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2005, 10:21 AM »
Just adding this to my thread for posterity... nothing new to see  :P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2005, 07:54 PM »
dude sorry cant beleive i missed this one awsome keldor i like how u gave the species a spin with a new color.  i also really liek the idea of the radioman is his backpack partialy constructed with a pit droid ??? jsut wondering keep it up and
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all and thats it for tonight

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #86 on: December 25, 2005, 06:24 PM »
Man In Rem, you've been busy!  ;D
That thug and the Exile #1 are very cool, but my favorite custom is that vehicle!  It looks like it's seem some hard times. 
I really like the use of the BBi (?) bodies - nice articulation while still maintaining the Star Wars vibe.  Good stuff!

EDIT: Looking over the figures again, I was wondering, does the Kel Dor Soldier have a removable mask in his hands or is that something else?  I love the way you painted his face, great details.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2005, 02:02 AM by Gregorbian »
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2005, 11:49 PM »
Gregorbian -

Hope exams went well. Assuming you've come through unscathed, you've accomplished the lion's share of the anxiety of finishing law school. Congrats!

Thanks for the comments. I've had some fun this fall with my customs. I'm kind of at a sticking point now with work and the holidays, but I'm sure I'll be back with something soon.

The skull my Kel Dor soldier is holding is just a failed Aqualish custom... I decided to make it into a bare skull from the battlefield. :) I may try to figure out a way to make it into some kind of helmet or macabre mask, but right now it's just a potential prop.

Thanks for the comments, and it's good to see you aroung again.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2006, 05:56 PM »
I had to ressurect this from Page 3!

So, you got any more updates in store for us? I always like looking at your customs.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2006, 01:36 AM »
Long time no update, huh?

Here's a Jedi Master who will have a significant cameo in the in-production Chapter 2 of KOE. His name is Master Jole Suud.

It's a Plo Koon body with Ask Aak neckpost transplant, A.A. forearms, and A.A. feet. I think the robe is from E2 Obi Pilot. I slapped an IG-88 bandolier on there as Suud is a Clone Wars general, so he needs more than his basic Jedi gear. :P

That's all I want to let on for the time being :)

Comments are - as ever - appreciated.