Author Topic: In Rem's Customs - PN Updated: 6/12  (Read 32246 times)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
In Rem's Customs - PN Updated: 6/12
« on: October 27, 2005, 12:39 AM »
I'm new to the boards, but I've been lurking for a while and have been spending a lot of times at other customizing sites. Any feedback is appreciated, as I'm trying to ramp back up in the hobby. Thanks in advance.

First up is my Nemoidian Field Officer. I was thinking of doing some fanfic for this guy, but I kinda like the idea that he's generic for some reason.

Next up is my take on the Heavy Clone, adapted in part from the new stills for Battlefront II. I do have this guy marked for and placed with my own fanfic unit, so I'll eventually name 'im.

Finally are two group shots of Clones in my custom unit. It's commanded by Koe, the one in the middle of the first pic. The custom AT-RT driver is a scout I'm calling Qoz.

The two guys in front are grunts. I need (I think) three more to make a proper unit of eight.

Thanks!

In Rem
http://www.hobbygeek.com
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 02:05 AM by In Rem »

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: In Rem's Customs - as of 10/27/05
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 02:11 AM »
Hey In Rem! Welcome to the boards!

These look pretty nice! The Neimoidan is a lot of fun, but my favorite is by far the the clone with the Bacara parts. The visor looks really good on there, and it's your best weathering job out of all of the pictured clones, I think. That mud spattered on his helmet looks great; I like the fact that it's gray and looks like it's dried on there. For some reason it makes me think of pics of soldiers from WWII.

Look forward to seeing more in the future. Mix it up, though...don't do mostly clones! They're cool, but I'd like to see what you can come up with when you really cut loose your creativity.

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 02:30 AM »
I like the clones, too, but, after a while, I tend to have a hard time remembering all the different ones, if only because there are so many.  But the weathering and custom paint jobs look very, very good.

I really like the Neimodian...Extremely clever creation.  My only criticism - paint the helmet grey or something to make it look less like a trooper helmet.  Other than that, great work!

Welcome to the boards!!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 02:37 AM »
Cool, very glad you landed here InRem!

I really like the Nemoidian, the helmet looks so good on him, and I love how you made his eyes darker.  Everything goes great on him.

The clones are all nice too.  I probably like the AT-RT driver the most.  Excellent weathering, they all look like they've survived some tough battles, and shot many Jedi in the back.   ;)

:P

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 06:38 AM »
Hi Rem

Great clones there's not one in the whole bunch that I don't like but my favourite is the field officer the use of the WW2 german grey coat is very well done and it really suits the part well done.

Ron
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 06:49 PM by hemble »

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 07:55 AM »
Very nice!
The Neimoidian turned out great!  I like the subdued color scheme and the hollowed out Bacara helmet is very cool.

Your clone squad looks pretty tough.  The additions to the Bacara-helmeted Heavy Weapons Clone are perfect - they blend in nicely and the paint job is really well done. 

The only thing that I would do to Koe would be to add some sort of visor (like Cody), a kama (like Bly) or the suspenders/holster combination (like Gree/Appo).  I think that would help him stand out more from his grunts.  Of course Commander Thire had no distinguishing marks from his grunts (that I'm aware of), so leaving Koe as is would still be fine.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 10:28 AM »
Thanks for the feedback, guys!

I know everyone has their clones, and they do get boring at times. Still, it's a great way to get back into the hobby for someone like me who was away for so long. :) I'll keep doing them b/c they are a lot of fun, but I fully intend to get into more non-clones, especially aliens like Nemoidians (my Clones need someone to kill, after all)

Gregorbian - I was planning a really odd fanfic for Koe that explains his minimal differences. It's complicated, and I don't want to reveal anything in case I do actually write it up some day. Koe does have a different antenna on his back, an ARC-esque scanner on the side of his helmet, and the shoulder pauldron. Plus he has a variation paint job on his helmet, so he's a *little* different. :) I have 10 Commanders, though, and I need to do something with them, so who knows...

hemble - The WWII Heavy Coat is a CHEWIE idea I took in a slightly different direction. I like to attribute credit where it is due :)

CHEWIE - As everyone says about their custom clone unit, mine are particularly ruthless. Koe named himself such for "Kill On Entry"...his unit is a reflection of that attitude. :) Thanks as always for the very kind words.

Quazar - Believe it or not, that helmet is gray. :) The idea behind it is that this Nemoidian killed a heavy Clone (no small feet for a fleshy frog) and took the outer shell as his trophy... mostly to rub salt in the wounded egos of his enemies who see him wearing it in battle (sounds like something a Nemoidian would do). For that reason I didn't want to go too different on the color, so I just made it light gray.

DD - More aliens to come, I promise! Thanks for the kind words.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 10:45 AM »
In Rem, welcome out of the shadows...
First off, great field officer. Very nice mix of parts.
Nice paint and weathering apps.

The heavy clone is nicely done. It fits in with all the "original concept" clones that are out these
days, but could easily be mistaken for an actual movie clone.
Same can be said for your others.

Keep up the great work.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 11:48 AM »
I forgot to post this guy last night. He's an early IG series "War Droid". I envision him as being a tool of the Republic/Empire to infiltrate heavy fire/unknown areas where Clones wouldn't fare too well. (think of a more dangerous version of a bomb squad recovery robot)

That said, I'm thinking this guy would make a really good sidekick for my Nemoidian above...

« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 11:49 AM by In Rem »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 12:01 PM »
That IG droid really has a Separatist feel to him, so I think it might be a good idea to have him go along with the Nemoidian.  He looks just evil as hell, and the wires on him are a pefect touch.  I'd buy multiples of this if it were a regular carded figure.  Great paint/color scheme too.  Very realistic!

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 12:03 PM »
at last a realistic fig to hold this huge gun from the POTF2 era

the mix of parti is very nice on this IG unit, the paint details are great too
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 12:34 PM »
I like this IG also. He's kind of a transitional droid from battle droid to IG. Its kind of like the lancer droids from the CW cartoon.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 12:55 PM »
I've been inspired by this InRem.  One of my next projects will to be to create a couple of Lance Droids, using your custom and the one that Owen D made as a reference.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 01:39 PM »
I've been inspired by this InRem.  One of my next projects will to be to create a couple of Lance Droids, using your custom and the one that Owen D made as a reference.

Owen's CW Lance Droids are AMAZING.

I found that with all the little details to IG, it's not hard to get a good look with even minimal painting skills, so I expect yours to be something else, CHEWIE (but no pressure... ;) ). And he lends himself to liberal abuse when you're weathering him, too.

I can't wait to see what *you* come up with for this guy, CHEWIE.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 01:58 PM »
Cool IG droid InRem!  The parts work very well and I like all of the little details that you added to him.  Nice stuff :D
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.