Author Topic: In Rem's Customs - PN Updated: 6/12  (Read 32272 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Mon Calamari Jedi - Updated, New Pics
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2005, 12:20 AM »
In Rem, I think this could be your very best work yet.  So detailed and realistic looking!  The levels of skin tone on him are perfectly done.

I could already tell from your earlier pic of him that this would be a great custom.  It really is quite possibly the most natural Mon Calamari Jedi I've ever seen anyone make.  Love the long lightsaber hilt and the blaster attachment. 

Awesome figure, and thanks for the detailed pics and explanations on how you made him.  Best name?  I think I like Sedo Fahn.

:P

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2005, 12:25 AM »
I like Sedo Fahn best, too, but I like those other names, too.

Sedo Fahn *almost* sounds villainous... might be why I like it. :)

Thanks for the kind words, CHEWIE. I really like him thusfar, and I personally am more proud of him than my Clones (although I really dig my Clones, too  8)).

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: In Rem's Customs - Update 11/14/05 (Mon Cal Jedi)
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2005, 12:31 AM »
More pics of the Mon Calamari Jedi...

For anyone familiar with sea life, crabs and lobster take to cracked shells pretty well. They show a nice scar, but they do just fine with what appear to be pretty serious wounds. I imagine a Mon Calamari in the field is bound to take a shot in the head at some time, primarily because he's not all that concerned when something glances off the ol' dome. Check out the nice scar:

It is *very* difficult to capture in pictures (especially bad ones like the one below), but I've given him a secondary shell color - a nice cool green that's blended into the pinkish red we see on most Mon Cals. This is a shot of the back of his head. About as boring as they get, but the detail is in there if you look hard enough :)

Ready for action, sans photo effects on the beefy saber. It's about twice as thick as a typical lightsaber... I envision it as being some sort of light-meat-clever...

A slightly tighter shot with a photo effect lit saber.

Packin'

Hooded and slingin' bolts. This shot shows some of the green detail better.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2005, 12:54 AM »
Sedo Tan sounds like a Jedi name to me. By the way very nice job on the Mon Cal Jedi. Ive been looking for an extra Meena for a Jedi myself.
I remember my dream now.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: Mon Calamari Jedi - Now with 4% more Photoshop
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2005, 04:41 PM »
I added some photoshop goodness out of sheer work-induced boredom  :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Looks really cool with the added background.   I wish I had an editing program here at work for my free time... but then again, I'd get nothing done at work then.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2005, 07:41 PM »
Hi Ya Rem

Mate this is one great custom  the shell colouring and even the scars are great and the photo shop work is brillant I especailly lik ehow you've given him a blaster very different for a JEDI.

And I have the perfect name for him Crus Tacean.

Ron

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2005, 10:30 PM »

CHEWIE:
You don't want a photo editor at work. It's too distracting  :P Thanks for your comments.

Ron:
I wanted to keep this blaster b/c I feel like it's very Mon Cal. There might even be a story in there... I'm not sure yet. :)

I'm not too crazy about Crus Tacean, but I do like Crus as part of his name... I'll have to think about it.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: In Rem's Customs - Update 11/15/05 (more Mon Cal Jedi)
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2005, 01:37 AM »
Here's a repaint of an Episode I Battle Droid. I gave him a basecoat of black and then glazed that with red... turns out that ruddy brown red of the battle droids from AOTC and RotS, but without the orange plastic look. I kept the face "white" just to make this guy a little different.

And here's a Gonk (Power Droid) I put together. He has some add-ons here and there, specifically a top-side "eye", a sensor array of some kind toward the back, an exhaust vent on his right side, and a nice long whip ant. coming out of the top. I used half a Q-tip jammed into the guts to immobilize the walking action. I envision him as some sort of field support droid for juicing up and communications.

And here's a group shot of my Sep. Droids with their rogue commander... once I get the legs of my small army of IGs straightened out, I'm going to flesh this group out with IG War Droids and make this some kind of strike team :P

As always, comments and feedback are appreciated.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Repaint Battle Droid; Custom Gonk
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2005, 01:38 AM »
Here's a repaint of an Episode I Battle Droid. I gave him a basecoat of black and then glazed that with red... turns out that ruddy brown red of the battle droids from AOTC and RotS, but without the orange plastic look. I kept the face "white" just to make this guy a little different.

And here's a Gonk (Power Droid) I put together. He has some add-ons here and there, specifically a top-side "eye", a sensor array of some kind toward the back, an exhaust vent on his right side, and a nice long whip ant. coming out of the top. I used half a Q-tip jammed into the guts to immobilize the walking action. I envision him as some sort of field support droid for juicing up and communications.

And here's a group shot of my Sep. Droids with their rogue commander... once I get the legs of my small army of IGs straightened out, I'm going to flesh this group out with IG War Droids and make this some kind of strike team :P

As always, comments and feedback are appreciated.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2005, 02:18 AM »
That's a pretty swift custom there, if I do say so myself. I really like the blaster, it sort of defines him in a sea of generic Jedi.

Name:Courisc Neymo.

- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Repaint Battle Droid; Custom Gonk
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2005, 10:21 AM »
Good stuff, I really like how the Battle Droid came out... but for some reason, it's just a weird contrast seeing the head a different color than the body.  But if you're going for a look that the droid was mended together, then it looks perfect.

I think the Gonk is the best out of the two though.  Really nice adding on the extra eye at the top, the antenna looks great, and as always the paint is top notch.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: Repaint Battle Droid; Custom Gonk
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2005, 10:35 AM »
Thanks, CHEWIE. Of the two, I like the Gonk better also. The BD was just something I wanted to try :)

I might go back and paint his head later... last night I was just sitting there, looking at my new red battle droid thinking "how could he be *different*"? I find myself doing that a lot, even when I get to a point where I really like what I've made. I guess that's the kind of impulse that made me do this to begin with... heck, I might end up painting his head a completely different color at some point (yellow ala OOM-9?)

Thanks again for your comments. Very much appreciated.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: In Rem's Customs - Photoshop Fortified, 11/16/05
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2005, 03:11 PM »
Here's one new photoshop job and a mod on the one from yesterday. I've named my Mon Calamari Jedi:

Sedo Crus

And here's a little something born of today's slow afternoon:

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: In Rem's Customs - Photoshop Fortified, 11/16/05
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2005, 12:11 AM »
Hay Rem

Mate you are really popping out these figures mate and extremley well done and the photo shop work is awesome keep em commin.

Ron
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 12:12 AM by hemble »