Author Topic: In Rem's Customs - PN Updated: 6/12  (Read 32137 times)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: In Rem's Customs - 11/24 - Dirty Clones
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2005, 01:58 AM »
Here are a couple of dirty clones... one has a custom paint job, the other is a red commander sans visor... both are dirty, dirty, dirty. :)

You may not be able to see it through the grime and damage, but he has light blue details on the helmet, chest, shoulders, thighs and calves. With as beat to heck as this one is, I'm guessing his buddies didn't make it.

And here's just a red commander without the visor (like the Star Corps) and weathered up...

Nothing fun to add... it is what it is. :)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: In Rem's Customs - 11/28 - Nautolan Spy
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2005, 11:42 PM »
Here's a Nautolan spy I made for the Custom Challenge 7. He has a heavily modified AOTC Kit head, the body is a Sahara Dirk Pitt sidekick (NOT Dirk Pitt), and the feet are a Neimoidian Warrior's. His hands are scarred from burns and his left eye is blinded from a wound inflicted by the Republic when stray fire in an assault on his home town struck him in the face. (or something...:) )I hope you like him.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 01:21 AM by In Rem »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2005, 12:29 AM »
Holy cow, that's a great custom... the clones are always nice, but the spy figure... wow!  I love it, the use of parts for this one make it a downright evil and real looking figure!  Damn!  A+ work on this one In Rem!  I gotta find some of those Sahara figures, but no luck as of yet.

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2005, 12:37 AM »
Very Nice! I was wondering who'd be the first to finish a custom using that body. I like the head modifications and I really like how you changed the feet, I'm not a huge fan of the feet theat come on that figure they are too long and skinny.
"This is the way."

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2005, 01:17 AM »
Always good to see clone customs and you've done a great job on yours.

The Nautolan spy is awesome and the scare down the face is very well done make him look the part.

Ron

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: In Rem's Customs - 11/28 - Nautolan Spy, Ki gets a cut and shave
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2005, 01:39 AM »
A little WIP action before I hit the sack. I decided Ki needed a shave.

This guy won't ultimately be Ki-Adi-Mundi. Not sure who he *will* be, but he'll be someone else. :)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2005, 01:47 AM »
Great Minds think alike.  I just did this to a Ki-Adi head of mine to make a cerean peasant. :)
"This is the way."

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2005, 01:58 AM »
Great Minds think alike.  I just did this to a Ki-Adi head of mine to make a cerean peasant. :)

I have something a little more action-oriented in mind for mine :)

It does make for a good look for this sculpt, though. Did you post pics?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2005, 03:23 AM »
Nope and I can't for a good 3 weeks. I left all my customizing stuff at the parent's house. I was hope for break last week and I only have 3 weeks until Christmas, so I didn't want to lug it all the way up and then back again. I kinda wish I did though. :-\

My head is a tad bit different. I left the mustache but I trimmed the beard part, and I still have the pony tail on there, I'm not sure what to do with it.
"This is the way."

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2005, 03:48 AM »
the nautolan is impressive, i haven't seen the sahara figs yet but if fits perfectly the SW fringe

thanks for sharing
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2005, 01:35 PM »
very impressive stuff.  i'm just getting started finally on customizing my clones and these totally blow mine out the water.  but how about recipe/closeup of that rifle that is really good looking and fits right in.  can't wait and see what you turn that ki into.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2005, 01:58 PM »
Here's the recipe for the first rifle - the one the blue-green Clone is toting...
G.I. Joe Spytroops Recondo: http://www.yojoe.com/action/03/recondo3.shtml

plus gray paint. :-)

It looks like it belongs in the SW Universe, but Hasbro gave it to a Joe. Go figure. I had it in my parts bin, and this guy was lucky enough to get it.

The other rifle in the red Commander's mitts is the same situation, Cobra Sniper Blackout: http://www.yojoe.com/action/03/blackout.shtml

It also came with a couple of other more recent figures. Some of these Joe guns - the less "real world" ones - look really good in the SW context.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2005, 02:07 PM »
Oh man, that is such a good idea on the Ki Adi head.  And so well executed!  You really outdid yourself on that one.  I love it!

:P

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2005, 06:59 PM »
LOVE the custom nautolan spy!  Excellent custom, extremely imaginative and brilliantly executed!  Well done!

Can't wait to see the clean shaven Ki...where will he end up?  Very nice job.  I've always wanted to use my spare TPM Ki head on a custom, but, with the beard, he looks too much like the character.  GREAT job.

Seeing the "shaven" one together with the regular head really makes me think how much Ki Adi Mundi (the figure, not the character) looks like "Kris Kringle" from "Miracle on 34th Street".
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2005, 08:31 PM »
Thanks, Quazar.

I'm not really sure what to do with the shaven Ki. I know he's not going to actually BE Ki... perhaps a Cerean mercenary? Perhaps a rebel fighter for this month's challenge.... I'm just not sure yet :). It's kinda fun when you really don't know what's going to come of something.