Author Topic: In Rem's Customs - PN Updated: 6/12  (Read 32069 times)

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: In Rem's Customs - 12/02 - Two WIPs
« Reply #60 on: December 2, 2005, 01:32 AM »
Here are a couple of figs I'm working on. Not sure if either will work for this month's challenge yet...

Cerean something or other... he looks like a peasant, but I'm thinking he could fill a lot of roles.

Recipe:
Dirk Pitt body.
Hood from Dirk's sidekick.
ROTS Ki head, shaved and shorn.
ROTS Ki hands (still need to figure out a better attachment system... may just have to glue them up)
Clone trooper feet (the feet that come with Dirk *suck*; these won't be white in the end)

Random tough/thug

Recipe:
Stukka pilot body.
Joe VvV swamp rat dude's head.
Random Joe helmet.
Naboo blaster.

Both of these guys will get *extensive* paint work. I was just happy with how these were lookin', and was hoping for an outside opinion.

Speaking of which, if you haven't seen Chapter 1 of K.O.E., check out the photo novels section.

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: In Rem's Customs - 12/05 - Two WIPs
« Reply #61 on: December 2, 2005, 02:09 AM »
Cerean- looks great the Adi without a beard is very different indeed but in a great way I think he looks alot like a Bantha shepard.

the second figure would be great for some kind of military personal I can't wait to see how you paint him up.

Ron

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #62 on: December 2, 2005, 02:58 AM »
That is almost exactly what I am doing for my cerean peasant. I used the other Sahara body though. The new feet look a lot better but I'm not sure a peasant would be wearing armored boots. I think I'd give him some really muted colors, either earthones, or a really dull blue. Bright colors are usually more expensive.
"This is the way."

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #63 on: December 2, 2005, 11:03 AM »
Ryan -

I'm still not sure this guy is a peasant. He has the right look for one, but I'm leaning on taking him in another direction... I'm just not sure what that is right now. :)

I think that once I get his head re-painted I'll have a better idea of what I'm really trying to do with him. If he turns out really friendly looking, well, he may just be an ordinary Joe caught up in the War somehow. If he comes out mean, well, I have about a dozen ideas for him...

I'm hoping for mean :)

As for the shoes, I may well sand them down to remove some of the armor detail. That or I'll make the shoes stolen... I'd be willing the bet there are lots of Clone shoes to be had if your planet has seen any significant Clone Wars action. ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 2, 2005, 12:54 PM »
Oh My GOD - that first figure is one of the coolest looks I've ever seen... Sahara figure body parts, right?   I have to get some of those.  The Ki Adi head is perfect there.  This really is a cool looking figure, and so unique.  CHEWIE's jealousy meter just increased by 7 points.

The other troop looking guy is very cool too... he really has an OT look to him.  Kinda has some sort of WW2 look to him too with the jacket, but that's a good thing.

:P

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #65 on: December 2, 2005, 01:22 PM »
Thanks, CHEWIE.

It's the body from the Dirk Pitt, but the hood from Pitt's sidekick (no idea on the name). I used the sidekick's body on that Nautolan, and I still have the extra hood from the Pitt figure that will make its way onto someone's head. :)

And I have two extra "generic" heads now, too. Best $9.50 I've spent on fodder so far.

The second figure is very WWII - Stukka were German fighter planes (to the best of my knowlege), and from the neck down this guy is a Stukka pilot. The head should be pretty cool when repainted. The helmet will also get a completely different look. more to come.

Thanks again for your comments.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 2, 2005, 02:51 PM »
Thanks, CHEWIE.

It's the body from the Dirk Pitt, but the hood from Pitt's sidekick (no idea on the name). I used the sidekick's body on that Nautolan, and I still have the extra hood from the Pitt figure that will make its way onto someone's head. :)

Dirk's sidekick is Al Giordino. I've read Clive Clussler's novels. Anyway, the Cerean is awesome, he looks real cool with the hood and Ki's head shaved. They look really good, can't wait to see the final result.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: In Rem's Customs - 12/02/05 - Two WIPs
« Reply #67 on: December 7, 2005, 01:53 AM »
A larger update by my standards... how about some galactic exiles?

First up is Exile #1 (Name pending). He's a humanoid alien species who serves as an expert scout for his small band of outcasts.

(I sincerely apologize for the sorry pic... :( )

(There's a sort of yellow vest effect going around the back of the jacket, but it's actually *part* of the jacket)

Next up is Exile #2, a guy I envision as the wise leader.

(I shaved down a Ki head and repainted the head and hands for a much more worn look...this guy wouldn't have regular access to a shower, and with all those skin folds I figure he probably gets quite nasty...)

This is a scout ship I'm calling the Kouhun, and I expect that Exile #1 is its pilot.

Iso 1

Iso 2

Custom thruster array for added bursts of speed when eluding capture

Portside

Probably the best view. You can see how abused this thing is. I imagine it as being the victim of many a crash landing.

The undercarriage. I dusted all of the downward-facing surfaces in ruddy brown to add grit. This is not a ship that would see a lot of time outside a planet's atmosphere, so it gets down and dirty.

Final view - I painted out the inside in flat black just to darken the appearance of the cockpit from the outside. I preserved the stickers, though.

I've reassigned my Nautolan. These guys make a neat trio, I think. Expect to see them play a role in K.O.E. at some point. :)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: In Rem's Customs - 12/06/05 - Exiles
« Reply #68 on: December 7, 2005, 02:17 AM »
Hi Rem

Mate they look absalutly great the reapint on the exile #1 is fantastic he turned out better then I thought he would to be honest with you the brown colour really suites him down to the ground.

Exlie #2 is simply perfect taking his goatee and ponytail off and making his skin tone a little darker makes him look like a whole new figure well done indeed.

And the Kouhun is a great little ship,  this I really really like as you've done it so simple and I think it is something that someone that has been exiled would'nt be-able to afford anything bigger great work all round mate.

Ron

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 7, 2005, 02:20 AM »
Great, great, great!!

The paint job brings these new guys to life!  I liked 'em before, I love 'em now!  (ah, I loved 'em from the get go, who am I kidding?)

Love the repaint on the scout ship.  I actually have one of those!  What the hell are they called?  Such a bizarre toy, obviously never in the films (but none of those silly old "mini rigs" were, were they??)

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 7, 2005, 09:30 AM »
Updates like this make me so happy - I'll comment in further detail a little later today!

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #71 on: December 7, 2005, 09:38 AM »
Ugh... I just want to apologize again for the awful pictures. I took these late last night, and on my flat-screen at home most of these looked significantly better. This morning on my office computer they look *awful* :(

I'll attempt to update these soon.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 7, 2005, 11:33 AM »
Those aren't bad pics - I think they're just fine!

Exile #1 - he's awesome.  Removable helmet and all.  Really has a dark look to him, you don't know if he's a good guy or a bad guy.  Excellent helmet and all around paint job.  I love it.

Exile # 2 - Really, one of the most unique, different looking customs I've ever seen, and it is perfectly done.  Already commented on him more earlier, but I really love what you did with the Sahara parts.

Custom ship - Very well painted!  I always thought that the color of that mini rig was odd... now it really looks like a Star Wars ship.  Can't wait to see it in action!

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 7, 2005, 02:52 PM »
Well done Rem, well done. 

Although I don't really like the Cerean species, due to their Conehead resemblance, your Cerean exile sparks my interest.  Good mix of parts from different lines on him, and excellent paintjob and sculpt work on his face and head.  I don't have any suggestions or real criticism for him, his partner, or the ship.  They all look like I'd see them lurking around Mos Eisley or in a cave somewhere in the desert hills. 

B

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 7, 2005, 03:49 PM »
rem those are really great.  the pics on my screen are a little dark too, but i can still seem them good enough.  i'd hate to run into them somewhere.  the ship is great looks like it's really been on the run.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge