Author Topic: In Rem's Customs - PN Updated: 6/12  (Read 32139 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: In Rem's Customs - 3/20/06 - S4-71 Salvage Droid
« Reply #135 on: March 20, 2006, 06:09 PM »
I think one way to make him blend would be to use some thin styrene and start making plates for him and then add little weld marks and such to make him look beat up and use also change the colors of the differant plates and you'll make him the perfect salvage droid.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: In Rem's Customs - Cheezy Update
« Reply #136 on: June 8, 2006, 09:57 AM »
Hey guys. I mentioned in another thread, but I wanted to post something a tad more visible.

As most of you know, I was posting here pretty regularly until a couple of months ago. The short version, work has gotten *crazy*. Never let anyone tell you being a lawyer sounds like an easy job. Anyway, I love my job, so I'm not complaining, but it does cut into the time I can take to post. I feel bad about that.

Without taking the time to poke through all the great threads, please know that I am checking up on you all regularly, and I am constantly amazed by the work posted by JD's custom community. Fritz's new hover tanks make me salivate... I really need to pay you to make me one, Fritz. CHEWIE's stuff is either consistently great or actually getting better. It's hard to tell when the work has always been so good. The PN section has added a couple of really fine stories... I particularly like Brent's Sith Jawa... I can't wait to see it develop. Longhorn is still cranking out amazing work with few photo effects and even fewer custom figs...

Anyway, I hope to be able to slow down a bit in the evenings this summer. If it works out, expect to see more of K.O.E. - a story I've written and rewritten so many times in my head... it has to come out sooner or later. :) Also expect to see some work on vehicles. You guys really inspired me with the challenge, and I have a hull that I think is going to make one of the most unusual speeders we've seen around here in a while...

Anyway, I feel better having shared a bit with you guys. Remember, even when I can't post, I'm out here really digging all the great work. Keep it up!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: In Rem's Customs - Cheezy Update - 6/8/06
« Reply #137 on: June 8, 2006, 10:18 AM »
InRem...good to see you posting again! I've always digged your customs and your photonovel, and I hope you will have time again to get back.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #138 on: June 8, 2006, 10:21 AM »
YEAH In Rem is back!!!!!!!!

Great to have you back, I always loved your customs. Hope to see more from you soon, take it easy and, don't  be a stranger. ;D

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 8, 2006, 10:36 AM »
Rem, like I said in the the PM - come back soon.  We all miss your contributions.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 8, 2006, 10:54 AM »
In Rem, it's great to hear from you, we all miss your comments and outstanding work, but we all realize it's usually very hard to find time with real world stuff taking most of our time. 

Take your time, we won't forget your work and I know we're anxiously awaiting more in your KOE series.

:)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2006, 03:21 PM »
Great to here from you In Rem, It is really tuff to find the time to keep up w/ all the Amazing work on these boards and still manage to customize yourself. I'm doing a bit of a catch-up day my self, and replying to so many of the post I've not had a chance to respond to.

I really Liked S4-71, I knpw some felt he did not fit in w/ the other Seperatist Droids, but I have to disagree. The Seperatist are made up of Hundreds of worlds, and their battle Droids are so veried in Design, I do not think this design would have a problem fitting in. Just look at the tank Droids and Spider Droids they don't even as though they come from the same universe yet alone the same battle field. Tri-Droids and Vulture Doids are also to radicly different designs. Anyway you decide to use this Custom would be great in my book.

I also can't wait to see your next chapter of K.O.E., this is one of the best Photo Novels on the Boards, and a personal favorite of mine.

Keep up the Great Work!
Fritzkrieg

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2006, 09:12 PM »
I know what you mean about not having any time. Im trying to fit several weeks of customs into one night. I type while I let the paint dry.

Personally I like the droid. What hes doing to that poor commander is just wrong, but its still cool none the less.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
Re: In Rem's Customs - PN Updated: 6/12
« Reply #143 on: June 12, 2006, 02:08 AM »
FYI: I put up a *very* short chapter for K.O.E. in the PN section. Enjoy.