Author Topic: Spectre's Star Wars Crossover Customs (Updated 4/14)  (Read 55988 times)

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
Re: Galactic Intelligence: Joint Operations Elite
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2005, 07:07 AM »
Mate you sure do some great looking figures I really like the Mercer- Infiltration/Imperial Operations Expert and Recondo- jungle/forest warfare:keep up the great work.

Ron

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: "Halo/Halo2"-inspired Star Wars Customs
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2005, 08:26 AM »
Forgive my ignorance but what is "J+R Productions"?  I'm really diggin those figures and I've always wanted a Master Chief to scale with my SW guys!  Awesome job!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2005, 09:24 AM »
You gave Chief a face!! :o

Those are sweet. Although, like CHEWIE said, maybe use a RotS clone or a newer clone. I love Halo, and I've actually used the Halo line to make a few of mine. The back packs for Chief look awesome, and I like the paint scratches on his armor. I have to ask, how did you make all of those guns? They're awesome. Great work.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2005, 12:27 PM »
Thanks for the kind words everyone, I'm glad you're all enjoying my work :D

I used the Sneak Preview and AOTC Clones for these guys as they were all that was available at the time. I made these awhile back, long before ROTS. I'm making a Yellow Spartan as a Christmas gift for my Halo partner (it's his profile color) and will be using the newer Bacara body as the joints will be frozen so it's a statue (He wants it for his desk at work and that way it'll suffer less scratches etc. if the joints don't move :) ) and I'm out of AOTC-era Clones anyway ;)

J+R is a now out-of-business company that used to make Joe/SW-scale repro weapons. They got a cease and desist order from Hasbro as Hasbro felt they were infringing on copyrigted material (which they were, but that's just splitting hairs ;) ). Their products were top notch and sold very well, which is why Hasbro shut them down. Luckily I was able to get a handful of their Halo helmets from someone who bought a ton of them just before they went out of business (I still have 3 left for future Spartans :) ).

The weapons are all hand made out of parts of Joe, SW, and "The Corps!" weapons. The Sniper Rifle tok 4 hours to cut and assamble and another hour to paint!
Looking for EXCELLENT 1/18 scale weapons? Check out Marauder, Inc.
www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

1 Stop Shopping For all Your Customs Needs:
www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2005, 01:40 PM »
Wow! A realistic line of Halo figures. I always though the characters in the game were far too bulky to be believeable. These are much more realistic for that game. I don't know if the new clone bodies would add much to these exceptional figures. #41 clone might give you more flexability though. Great set of toys there Spectre.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: The Brotherhood Of The Serpent
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 01:42 PM »
Cool new Destro! I like how his mask isn't all the way around his head. It's more believeable then some guy when gold skin. I wish the joes had this high level of quality. They would make great fodder if they were.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 03:01 PM »
Whoa! Five Hours?! I've done customs that've taken a long time but I have to say, I haven't spent 5 hours on a gun. Wow.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: The Coming Of Doom
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2005, 05:33 PM »
Wow, really cool. Does one of the Doomtroopers have a Halo Brute Shot? It looks cool on a SW fig.

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2005, 08:58 PM »
Hmmm a few left you say......Could I buy one?I can tolerate making casts.I should'a tackled J&R when they were still open.    >:(
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2005, 09:43 PM »
wow all of these are nicly done. If the halo line was this scale i would ave bought some.
great work.

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
Re: Spectre's Off-Topic Custom Projects
« Reply #25 on: February 6, 2006, 09:00 PM »
Most of what is "known" of the enigmatic race of hunters known only to a select few as the Yutja is little more than legend and rumor. It is believed that they are extragalactic in origin, having travelled across the starless void of interstellar space looking for new hunting grounds. There are tales that they are revered as gods on backwater worlds that they have taken pity apon and helped to develop into some form of civilization (some legends tell of a small, primitive blue world in a galaxy far, far away called "Urth"). Artifacts and sculptures depicting the form of the masked hunters can be found on countless primitive worlds scattered across the outer and mid rims. Legend tells us that they are drawn by heat and conflict. Other legends claim they have the power of invisibility (although educated people believe it to be a form of micronized, wearable cloaking technology, not any form of mystic power) and can track their prey unerringly even in the pitch black dark.

What little that can be confirmed about their existance is that by the time you actually "see" one, you're already dead. The name Yutja is almost unknown in the civilized galaxy, but across the outer and mid rims, in hushed tones, the one word they are referred to causes even the toughest mercenaries and thugs to lock their doors on hot, humid nights and make sure their blasters are fully charged- "Predators".

All parts are from the McFarlane Toys "Aliens Vs. Predator" 1/18 scale mini-diorama sets.

Clan Elder:

Parts:
Entire figure- "Birth Of The Hybrid" boxset Elder Predator.
Lightsaber trophy- random Saga lightsaber
The metal pins (that attatched the figure to the diorama base) were removed and the legs reworked to allow the figure to stand on it's own. The only painting involved was cleaning up the sloppy paint masks from the factory.

Leader Of The Hunt:

Parts:
Head/upper torso/arms/lower legs/belly and back armor- Predator from "Alien Attacks Predator)
Lower torso/waist/upper legs- "dead" Predator from "Birth Of The Hybrid)
Trophies- skulls from "Predator" backdrop
This was the most challenging figure of the bunch to make. Lots of cutting, sanding, and painting, but it still retains it's full range of articulation!

Seasoned Hunter:

Parts-
Body- "Birth Of The Hybrid" Elder Predator
Head- "Birth Of The Hybrid" "dead" Predator
Trophy- skull from "Predator" backdrop
Knife in sheath- "Birth Of The Hybrid" "dead" Predator
A not-so-simple headswap (very difficult to remove the hard plastic neckposts buried DEEP inside the chests :( ) with the same cleaning up the paint masks paint job as the first figure. Besides removing the metal posts from the feet, I also removed a small cross section of each leg to shorten him a fraction of an inch to further differentiate him from the Clan Elder.

Novice Hunter I:

Parts-
Entire figure- Predator
Trophy- skull from "Predator" backdrop
Very little modifications aside from removing the metal posts from the feet and repositioning the legs to stand on it's own. Did the usual clean-up job on the paint apps.

Novice Hunter II:

Parts-
Entire figure- "Birth Of The Hybrid" "dead" Predator
Left arm blade- blade taken from under right arm of Predator from "Alien Attacks Predator"
Belly/back armor- skirt from "Alien Attacks Predator" Predator
There was actually alot of modifications on this figure even though it does not appear to be any different than the production "dead" Predator at first glance. I removed the Hybrid Chestburster, sanded down all of the abdominal damage (front and back) and made replacement belly/back armor out of the armored skirt from the "Alien Attacks Predator" Predator (the entire middle portion of this figure had to be trashed as it was stuck in an "impalement" pose with an Alien tail running through it :( ). I also had to completely rework the feet to allow the figure to stand (they were molded splayed out to the sides as he was lying in state). Lots of repainting to make everything match up.

Novice Hunter III:

Parts:
Entire figure (except right hand)- Celtic Predator from "Celtic Predator Throws Alien"
Right hand- "Birth Of The Hybrid" "dead" Predator
The main modification here was that I boiled and popped the Alien being thrown. I had to replace the entire right hand as it was molded in a very fat, blocky manner to allow an anchor for the Alien's weight. I also removed the metal pegs from the feet, reworked the legs to allow it to stand on it's own, and constructed a custom spear to replace the Alien in it's hands (there was little else the pose would actually be good for ;). There was quite a bit of painting involved as I had to paintthe majority of the inner arms (the factory left them unpainted as they were mostly covered by the Alien :( ) as well as the spear (matched the factory look for the armor exactly so it matches the established look of Predator technology and gear!).

The Hunt Begins...

An additional paint app on each masked figure was the addition of glossy black lenses on their masks.

The Factory paintjobs were sloppy all around on all of these figures so mst of tha actual customization time went into cleaning everything up so they looked presentable :(
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 05:22 PM by Spectre »

www.goodtogocustoms.com

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Spectre's Star Wars Crossover Customs (Updated 2/6)
« Reply #26 on: February 6, 2006, 10:48 PM »
First, I say to you:

Great ******* job. The way you painted those is flawless, and great job with the weaponry.

Next I ask you, have you ever seen Batman: Dead End? If so, have you considered trying to make some of the Predators from that film? The Samurai looking one would be exciting to make, I think.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 7, 2006, 10:27 AM »
Wow, look at all those ugly creeps!  Great work on these Spectre as always... maybe if you feel crazy later, you can modify a few to be Vong Warriors from the NJO.

:P

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 7, 2006, 12:07 PM »
spectre these are great, they fit into the star wars line perfectly.  i like your back story especially "urth".  I have a couple of these guys as well and kind of thought of making them part of my SW universe as well.  they're species were basically wiped out except for a few by the jedi because of there savagery.  the original mandalorians were trained by them.  I don't remember where exactly i saw them but there are SA versions of them coming out SW sized.  I think it was on action-hq.com.  if i find it i'll forward the link.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Spectre

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spirit Of Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 8, 2006, 08:09 PM »
Thanks guys!

Famine- I have seen Dead End! That is one great fan film :)  I may eventually do some more Predators, but not right now, I'm a bit Predded out at the moment (I'm actually in the middle of getting back into my "Brotherhood Of The Serpent" stuff and hope to finish the sub-line by Summer!). If I can figure out something really unique to do with them, I may pick up a few more while they're on clearance.

Chewie- I'm most likely never going to do a Vong, only because at the time my diorama Universe is set, they have not arrived yet. That and I really didn't find them all that cool/interesting a group of characters :(

Jedipurge- I know the figures you're referring to, they are made by a company in Japan called Hot Toys. I've never held one in my hands, but I understand that they are very rubbery and fall apart very easily since they are basically snap-together models. They are really expensive ($12-$20 each) and extremely hard to find here in the states. There were also MicroMan Predators (and Aliens) but they are extremely brittle, expensive (about $24 each!), and generally look like crap :(

Sadly, aside from the 3 of you and maybe 2 others on other sites, these guys are getting next to nothing in feedback (good or constructive) on any of the customizing sites, maybe I should just quit trying to be unique and imaginative and just start cranking out Clones like everyone else :(

www.goodtogocustoms.com