Author Topic: Most Valuable SW Item???  (Read 10869 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Most Valuable SW Item???
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2006, 07:38 AM »
From the modern line, I won one of those Toy Fair vac-metalized Vaders, and a cinema cast vader coming down the stairs, from the Jedi point auctions. As much as I love kubricks right now, I think those two vaders would be the last thing I would let go.
From the vintage line, I still have my AT-AT with its' empire box, and a dewback I got as a christmas present when I was about 8. Those I consider priceless.

I'll post for my daugters- With the release of ROTS, there were a ton of mail away items for food companies. My 8 and 5 year old went nuts when we came home one day and there were 3 packages for them with the cookie jars from Kellogs. They still talk about it like it was yesterday, and they still use their lightsaber spoons.

I'm a big fan of companies doing mail-away and other reward type programs. My biggest pet peeve right now is chase figures and the impending Hasbro experiment with that same idea. A mail away will reward people who buy and open figures (I know these offers are tough on MOC collectors). A chase figures says "Hey, speculators and scalpers! Over Here! Come make 5 extra dollars and still not have to take a bath!" Creating a false sense of worth to infuse the hobby with excitement, well, I'm against it. The mail away offer for George Storm sounds like a Scalpers wet dream. They can hold specific figures hostage that collectors need to get their mail away. Ugg. Here's hoping my visions don't come to pass...

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 08:01 AM »
Mine would have to be my Vintage SW 12" Chewbacca in a bi-lingual box. I bought it from a dealer in Toy Shop magazine about 8 years ago for $100 but I didnt' know it was bi-lingual till I got it. It was sealed MIB when I got it but i'm a HUGE Chewie fan so I had to open it. The tape was barely holding on anymore from age so it was bound to pop open eventually.
Anyone have any information about this? I've looked all over but can't find any other examples of the bi-lingual box. Here are some pics:

Front

Right Side

Back

Left Side

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 09:09 AM »
Ah, La Guerre des Etoiles. Looks like it's a Canadian issue to me.  8)

Check out www.womprat.com for pic's of the Canadian 12" line.  ;)

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2006, 09:46 AM »
Ah, La Guerre des Etoiles. Looks like it's a Canadian issue to me.  8)

Check out www.womprat.com for pic's of the Canadian 12" line.  ;)

Awesome, thanks for the info. It's been driving me nuts as to what it was...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2006, 02:36 PM »
This is a tough one for me, because all of my collection is special to me.  I do have a few stand-outs though:

-All my vintage items, because they are the toys from my childhood.

-My Obi-Wan MR sabers, although I have yet to lay eyes on my EE saber, it is in my house though.

-My Star Wars Weekends Plush Jedi and Vader Mickey Mouses, just because they're odd and not many people have them.

-My Theater Edition Lukes, my Toy Fair Vaders just because they are probably the rarest newer line items I own. Again, not a monetary thing, just something not everyone has.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2006, 08:09 PM »
I guess this doesn't really count anymore, but the most valuable item I had was a Hasbro 2005 Toy Fair Press Kit Anakin/Darth Vader. It was tough for me to part with it, but I funded my trip to C3 on the sale of it. Was worth it, now that I look back at the several days I spent in Indiana with the staff and members of JD. I'd do it again (sell the TF Press Kit, not spend a weekend with these JD clowns  :P ) if I had to.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2006, 01:14 PM »
My most valuable star wars item would be:
Blue Clone Commander Bust and the Pepsi R2 D2 Cooler.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2006, 08:18 PM »
WTF is up with the Seahawks avater.  geez.

:P
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 1, 2006, 12:40 AM »
This would have to be it.
It was done by Comic artist Stewart McKenny.
Cost me a Sandtrooper builder pack but its worth a lot more to me, the fact he did it and made it ot to me makes it my most prized piece.

Dollar wise it wouldhave to be my FF Weequay
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #24 on: February 1, 2006, 06:09 AM »
I have a Takara 8" Vader. Took me ages to get and I was lucky to get it at a decent price.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #25 on: February 1, 2006, 02:35 PM »
I think my most valueable item in both price and sentiment is probably my Stormtrooper armor.  Thanks to the armor (and the 501st) I've managed to meet all sorts of Star Wars and other celebrities, I've traveled to tons of conventions....been on TV, on stage, etc, etc.

It's also the only Star Wars item I've ever owned that has actually improved my social life.  ;D
Got Clones?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 1, 2006, 03:10 PM »
Easy one for me - I have an original Darth Vader (carded) from the Star Wars line.  Not C10, but good enough for me.

It's amazing to look at when you think about how old it really is.  (And how I used to rip open the package when I was younger...)

:D

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 1, 2006, 07:53 PM »
WTF is up with the Seahawks avater.  geez.

What, am I not allowed to be one of the few people on this board with some taste?

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #28 on: February 1, 2006, 08:55 PM »
What, am I not allowed to be one of the few people on this board with some taste?

You're not the only one.

Everyone I know, work with or see on the street is convinced that the underrated Seahawks will beat the overrated Steelers this Sunday.

I'm a Seattle transplant, so I don't particularly "love" the Seahawks, but I will definitely be cheering them on this Sunday. 
Got Clones?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 1, 2006, 09:25 PM »
I have a Takara 8" Vader. Took me ages to get and I was lucky to get it at a decent price.

Simon, that is an absolutely beautiful piece, and in such amazing condition - clear bubble, nice card.  Someday I'll add the Takara Vaders to my focus collection.  Someday.