Author Topic: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Previous Months  (Read 112445 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge
« Reply #15 on: May 8, 2005, 11:31 PM »
Has anyone started on this yet?  I am going to start mine this week.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to make some big beautiful boobs?

:P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 8, 2005, 11:39 PM »
I've started on mine.

For "big, beautiful boobies" I recommend either the GI Joe Baroness or Bombstrike figures. The GvC Scarlett version 1 is also a great torso choice.

I wouldn't suggest only GI Joe figures, but...apparently, no one in GL's grand, unified version of Star Wars has a nice rack.  >:(

-DD
« Last Edit: May 9, 2005, 09:57 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 9, 2005, 04:38 PM »
I'm in. Since I don't make random fan fic characters or clones, I'm going with one we havn't seen someone do in a while.  The one I'm working on is Lumiya from the marval comics. Old girl friend of Luke's. She's the one with the lightwhip. ;D

The months following the Battle of Hoth were especially trying for the heroes of the Rebellion. With morale crushed following the abandonment of Echo Base and the capture of Han Solo, the Rebels faced the unthinkable possibility that Luke Skywalker had killed a fellow Rebel pilot.
Following the Alliance relocation to a temporary outpost on Arbra, Luke struck up a close friendship with fellow Rogue Squadron member Shira Brie. She was bright, talented and beautiful, and their friendship evolved into something closer. Rogue Squadron was then pressed into service striking at a secret Imperial armada, infiltrating the fleet aboard captured and modified TIE fighters.

The TIEs were outfitted with transponders that allowed the Rogues to identify each other amidst the enemy ships. During the thick of battle, Skywalker's transponder malfunctioned. He was unable to determine which of the surrounding starfighters were in fact his allies. Forgoing technology as he had done during the Battle of Yavin, Luke instead relied upon the Force. He used his instincts to pick his targets, and fired at advancing enemy craft. One of the vessels that Luke shot out of the skies was Shira Brie's.

Returning to Arbra, Skywalker did not find a hero's welcome. His rank and service were suspended until Alliance analysts could determine just what had happened. Shaken, Luke began to question his faith in the Force. Skywalker, accompanied by the Wookiee Chewbacca, left Arbra to conduct their own investigation. They journeyed to Shalyvane, supposed homeworld of Shira Brie. There, they learned the truth of this enigmatic woman.

Shira Elan Colla Brie was born on Coruscant, and spent her life serving as a key agent of the Empire. It was Darth Vader who handpicked Brie for accelerated training in Imperial Intelligence. Her mind was enhanced through mnemonic drug training, her body hardened through expertise of exotic martial arts. Proving herself a capable agent, Brie was dispatched by Vader to infiltrate the Rebel Alliance.

One of her primary goals was to discredit Luke Skywalker. Vader hoped that his son, finding no quarter within the Alliance ranks, would eventually wander back to him. Brie almost succeeded when Luke destroyed her fighter, but Skywalker was able to prove his innocence, and reveal Brie's past.

Shira did not die in the TIE fighter incident. Her crippled body was gathered by Vader's agents, and she recuperated within secret chambers aboard the Super Star Destroyer Executor. Vader watched closely as Brie's body was rebuilt and enhanced through mechanical implants. Fueled by rage and an already promising strength in the Force, Brie emerged from the bacta tanks a changed woman. She had given in to hatred, and was renamed the Dark Lady Lumiya. Impressed with his pupil's development, Vader began to hone her Force abilities.

Vader knew that no secret could be kept from his master, the Emperor. He presented Palpatine with Lumiya as a gift -- as a new Emperor's Hand. Palpatine accepted, and Vader continued her training. Lumiya was sequestered on the ancient Sith world of Ziost when the Battle of Endor forever changed the Empire. It was on this frigid world that she crafted her unique weapon -- a lightwhip built of Kaiburr crystal shards and Mandalorian iron.

Lumiya then emerged as the cyborg chief of security for the slaving guild on the planet Herdessa. She attempted to arrest a visiting Princess Leia Organa, but was thwarted by a revolution against the guild. Though Lumiya sustained a blaster wound, she survived the battle to swear vengeance on the Alliance.

She then surfaced on the planet Kinooine, with her collection of Imperial forces allied with fearsome Nagai invaders. On Kinooine, Luke Skywalker and Lumiya were finally reunited, and the two engaged in a spectacular duel. At first, Lumiya bested Luke, as well as brutally wounding his allies Dani and Kiro. In their second battle, Skywalker managed to defeat Lumiya, shattering her armor, and revealing her to be Shira Brie.

In the nebulous and shifting alliances that plagued the Imperial fragments during the Nagai invasion, Lumiya attached her Imperial resources -- which included three Star Destroyers, two frigates and four corvettes -- to the alien fleet belonging to the Tofs. When the Tof incursion was eventually repulsed, Lumiya disappeared from the galaxy. Her current whereabouts are unknown, but she did leave behind a legacy of at least two pupils -- a young man named Flint and a treacherous Royal Guard named Carnor Jax.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2005, 04:47 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2005, 04:35 PM »
Sounds really great Phruby.  Can't wait to see what you come up with.

I think most of ours are going to be fan-fic for this, but you are more than welcome to create an established character.   :)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2005, 05:30 PM »
Right now I'm plannig a video game character, but we'll see if I have time for a fan-fic character too.

-DD
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 05:31 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2005, 08:55 PM »
I'll have anywhere from 2-4 figures for this I'm hoping.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2005, 11:15 PM »
Don't have the parts to get in on this months shin-ding, but maybe next month..

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2005, 11:18 PM »
Give us a dinosaur contest.

"DIMETRODON RAGE!"

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2005, 04:12 AM »
haha, why kev? because we could recycle old stuff as an entry?
i say leave the dinosaurs to danyul and acro and umm suxforever. lol

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2005, 11:12 AM »
Famine, you could open a thread here to spotlight Dinosaur customs that you like, similar to the diorama thread I started up.  I'd like to see stuff from the Dinosaur customizers.

I was a huge dinosaur fan when I was a kid, all the way through high school actually.  I collected quite a few models like the British Museum kind. 

When I was in 6th grade, I actually customized them all by repainting them to make them more life-like (I did a horrible job) and also got a huge board and made a custom diorama with it (didn't have much paint, so used brown, black and green markers to make a swamp) - the diorama turned out horrible, but I played with it for a couple years.  Fun to me at least at the time.

This pic shows a Brachiosaurus (this is the only pic online I could find of these kind of models, I remember in 4th grade going on vacation, and we went to a museum in Wyoming and my parents bought a ton of these for me).

So, bring on a Dinosaur Thread Famine and/or Dimetrodon!

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2005, 06:47 PM »
http://www.dinosaurcollector.150m.com/invicta.htm

check that out CHEWIE, you'll like it.

I think I once posted my two dinosaur customs here in an older thread too.. gonan look around.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2005, 08:54 PM »
Thanks for the link... wow, that brought back some memories.   :)

I remember many of those exact models, but the colors seem to be different now, guess they changed them some.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2005, 03:21 PM »
Reminder - just 10 more days to go for this - the first challenge -

STAR WARS HOTTIE

- just make an EU fan fic chick, and post your pics and we'll discuss.  Deadline is the last day of May.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2005, 02:37 PM »
I finally got the parts that I need for this custom today.  I can't wait to get started on her tonight.  Sounds kinda dirty.   :)

Has anyone else started on theirs yet?

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2005, 05:49 PM »
I've got parts and concepts in mind....

Sorry, but mine won't be sexy or hot or whatever. She'll be more rigid and spice-runner looking.