Author Topic: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Previous Months  (Read 113402 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 4 - DROIDS!
« Reply #405 on: August 18, 2005, 03:42 AM »
Okedokee, here are my droids:

The Janitor Droid is a General Grievous from the Jedi vs. Sith Battlepack (same as Sneak Preview) with a dollar store figure's head and boots.  The hands are from a Darth Maul figure (the one with the spinny right hand). 
The Bucketbot is a POTF2 R5-D4 figure with the head cut off.  I added some cut up fake credit cards for the "rim" and to cover up the droid's innards.

Janitor Droid (7HR-GD) and Bucketbot:

alternate views:

Backstory on Janitor Droid:
The Crusader Class Assassin Droid was employed by Count Dooku to assassinate a high ranking politician on Tralfa, a planet that refused to submit to the demands of the Separatists.  Unfortunately for Dooku, the Republic forces arrived in time to reinforce the Tralfa Home Defense Army and the Crusader Class Assassin Droid was captured intact (the auto-self destruct was damaged in the skirmish).  The targeted politician was a proud man and decided to "show" Dooku and other Separatists that he was not afraid of their thwarted assassination attempts; he converted the Crusader Class Assassin Droid into a Janitor Droid for the Home Defense Army Training Depot. 
- The droid's jetpack was converted to a cleaning chemical dispensing unit and his machine gun/energy bladed hands have been replaced with rubber gloves.  His advanced night-targeting system has been replaced with a black light for maximum dirt and grime removal. ;)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 03:43 AM by Gregorbian »
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #406 on: August 18, 2005, 05:53 AM »
UG-L1 is one UG-LY droid. :D :P I like the rusty look you went with. He looks really good considering he came from random parts. He is very junky looking, I can see why he is upset. :) I think that he might benifit form a light black wash to hightlight some more details, like the fingers and any other places where there is a joint. Great job Ennis. :)

Greg I commented more on your entry in your thread, so I'll keep this breif. I really like them, they are very original and they fit their roles perfectly. Great work! :D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 05:53 AM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 18, 2005, 09:44 AM »
That janitor droid is great! Very original. I like the use of the R2 as a bucket. Now I know what to do with that Grevious in the jedi vs sith pack. I got to add this picture to my custom references.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #408 on: August 18, 2005, 10:17 AM »
Grego, that is a great custom janitor droid!!
Love the concept and the execution.
The R2-Buket Unit is the best!

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Twisted by the Dark Side
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
« Reply #409 on: August 18, 2005, 11:11 AM »
poor bucket droid.  Is that what obi-wan's R4-P17 has to look forward to?

Very good customs!! very original!
W W W . C O R E P L A N E T S . C O M
www.coreplanets.com
Missouri and Kansas Star Wars Fan Site

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 18, 2005, 12:25 PM »
Thanks guys  ;D
Master_Phruby - that was exactly what I thought - I don't need 2 SP General Grievouses  ;)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 18, 2005, 01:23 PM »
Holy crap, these are wonderful! 

Janitor Droid - What a wonderful use of parts and idea.  Similar to Owen D.'s idea on his version, but very unique in its own right.  This is definitely one of the coolest figures I've seen you make!  The mop is so cool too!

Bucket Droid - Ok, I have to copy this idea.  Totally awesome and one hell of a job painting him.  I might add some sort of appendages to him possibly, but that's just me.

I also like how you have the yellow coloring on both of them.  It seems to give them a "relationship" so to speak and maybe identifies what company makes them.

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 18, 2005, 01:33 PM »
One other thing - I'm sure you guys have seen how the staff here has been kind enough to show the Rykrof Enloe photonovels on the front page.  It looks like we might be able to get the Monthly Customizing Challenge mentioned on there too.

Here are some thumbnails  I made showing the past months that "might" show up on the front page -

Month 1 - Star Wars Hotties

Month 2 - Smugglers

Month 3 - Sith Lords

Month 4 - Droids

I made the Droids icon that way because this one is still in progress.  And the other thumbs I made were just random ones I picked; I tried not to put any "favoritism" in those selections.  If you want to discuss in the thread that these were first mentioned, then click here -

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=7043.new#new

Also, now that Gregorbian has shown that awesome Janitor Droid, I'd love to see that on the front page!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #413 on: August 18, 2005, 05:01 PM »
We could make a new thread to link those to, that just has images of entries, and no discussion, That way people can look through the tread easier.
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #414 on: August 18, 2005, 05:09 PM »
If you guys want, I can go ahead and try to break up this thread so there is a separate thread for each of the 4 previous months... that way there would be one thread for each submission/month.

I may not have time to get to it tonight, but I can get to it this weekend if you guys would like me to do it (I am a Mod on this section after all thanks to my paltry customizing skillz :P).

Jeff

ps.
Greg, I love that Bucket-Bot!  Great use for a headless Astromech!  Very nicely done!   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 18, 2005, 05:23 PM »
Like SLC said, if it would be possible to have a link to each thread that might be best.  It might be cool to keep them open so potential late comers could enter their customs too.  This is probably the best way to do it I think.

But Jeff, whatever you want to do is fine by me.  I kind of like having a "master thread" but it might be easier to divide them up like you suggested.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #416 on: August 18, 2005, 05:25 PM »
That'd be cool Jeff, or I can make a single thread with images only, I'm not doing anything right now,  can't really leave the house cause the freshman and their families are moving in so the roads are packed and there will be accidents left and right. ::)
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #417 on: August 18, 2005, 07:40 PM »
Well I went ahead and started one, if I forgot any entries PM me, or if you'd still rather split it up let me know. I figured this way instead of 4 threads for the CCC we'd have 2.
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 18, 2005, 10:17 PM »
Well I went ahead and started one, if I forgot any entries PM me, or if you'd still rather split it up let me know. I figured this way instead of 4 threads for the CCC we'd have 2.

Great job SLC it's much better now.  Is there a way to sticky it at the top or something?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 18, 2005, 10:46 PM »
It would be very nice to see that as a sticky topic.   :)