Author Topic: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Previous Months  (Read 112439 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge -1st submission 5.24.05
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2005, 01:56 AM »
DD- I love it. At least we got one that isn't a dancer. ;) I like the open shirt,  it is very sexy if you like women with plastic chests :P :-* Seriously though it looks great, it is a nice choice of parts and I really like the skin tone.

Phruby- I like what you have got so far. I agree keep the clothes white. Na d I would give it either gold or read trim. And I don't kno w if you planned on doing this either but I would make the jewelery either silver or gold. I can't wait to see this one finished! :)
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2005, 01:58 AM »
I think Phruby's intention is to make the "hair" on the original figure part of that elaborate headress, Greg.

Phruby: What's the base figure on that, anyway?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2005, 03:21 AM »
My submission:

Hope you guys like it. :)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2005, 03:45 AM »
It looks pretty cool so far Jk. Is she supposed to be missing an arm? Or are you still working on her? I like the skin color, but I think she still need some more stuff. I'm assuming she isn't a dancer because she isn't very scantily clad, so maybe she could use a cape or a holster? Something to spice her up a bit. Don't get me wrong she is a real good start, I just think she needs a bit more. If you don't want to add anything, you could change the color of the piping on the chest to add somemore life into her.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2005, 03:59 AM »
Love the missing arm. LOVE IT!

This challenge has been a helluva lotta fun. What's the next challenge going to be, CHEWIE?

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2005, 04:20 AM »
I think we had talked about a smuggler/pirate next.
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2005, 10:39 AM »
This is really cool, I'm glad that you guys have all gotten involved with it!

DD - Your Twi'lek is cool, and definitely a different look.  Usually I am against using GI Joe bodies, but you pulled it off.  Good color selection, and she's definitely a lot more poseable than mine!   ;)

PHRUBY - Wow, you've put a lot of time and work into this - I love it!  I always enjoy seeing when you sculpt something, it really makes your stuff unique and this is no exception.  Are the legs from the new "vintage" 3-pk Scarlett?  I like the vintage feel to her, but she also looks modern too, which is a big compliment.  This is turning out to be one of my favorite customs you have ever done!

JEDIKNIGHT - Great body choice, I really like the color choice too.  I think the colors look just fine, all I would add is a dry brush or two.  This chick looks like she's seen some tough times in the Coruscant underworld.  Whether you add the arm or not, this will still be a great custom. 

I do think that the staff here ought to host these and have a section dedicated to this... let's harass them a bit.   ;) 

And yeah, I think we were going to do a Smuggler next.  I might start on mine tonight.  But I won't show it until the end of the month this time. 

I might try and put a collage together of all of our work on this little project too.

:P

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2005, 11:02 AM »
Thanks guys. Sorry that she is going to be a little late. That figure is actually an old Buck Rogers figure named Ardella that I picked up at a thrift store years ago.

I originally intented her to be cased for multiple twil'lik dancers because of the nice nude arms and outfit. I can still do that after I'm done. The original figure has hair. I'm going to paint it so it's part of the headdress. Hopefully it will look ok.

I'm leaning towards gloss leather black with little white perals on the stomach and chest. Since I'm not very good at painting the face, it will be just a simple vintage look as well the rest of the figure. She will also have gold or silver bracelets and maybe something special on her tails. 
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline EUCustomMan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Figure Site
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2005, 11:28 AM »
This figure isn't new, but she's one of my favorite SW hotties.
I'd post a couple more if my computer would stop shutting down when I come to the forums.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2005, 11:32 AM »
GOOD LORD!  That is awesome!!!   I love it!

What all parts did you use?  Holy hell, my jaw dropped, I fell out of my chair, and I need a beer.   :)

Offline EUCustomMan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Figure Site
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2005, 11:41 AM »
GOOD LORD!  That is awesome!!!   I love it!

What all parts did you use?  Holy hell, my jaw dropped, I fell out of my chair, and I need a beer.   :)

Head is Shak Ti (repositioned), Arms and Legs are Mara Jade, Torso is a Scarlet GI Joe, and the holster is Han Cantina. The belt is sculpted.

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2005, 02:16 PM »
I like it!   ;D  Nice work
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2005, 02:21 PM »
I remember those from awhile ago, they are so freakin awesome! :)

How did you reposition the head tails? I tired the boil then freeze method but they slowly moved back to the original state as the head returned to room temeperature.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2005, 02:21 PM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2005, 02:31 PM »
EUcustomMan- I've seen your stuff before (can't remember where, exactly) but it never ceases to impress. I do hope you'll get your computer fixed so you can visit us more often.

CHEWIE- I don't use GI Joe bodies most of the time, but if I find a good one I can't resist. I'm thinking of adding Djas Puhr holsters to her for her twin pistols, whatta ya think?

Phruby- Can't wait to see the finished product!

-DD
Back from the dead!!!