Author Topic: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Previous Months  (Read 112731 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 6 - BLUE HARVEST
« Reply #720 on: October 13, 2005, 01:41 AM »
Forgive me, but I felt the need to jumpstart this month's project a little bit as this thread has been pretty slow so far, yet it has so much potential...

So tonight I decided to make the first custom for BLUE HARVEST.  This one took about two hours to do... his name is Lord Cration... he is an undead Dark Side adept.

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #721 on: October 13, 2005, 07:11 AM »
I commented a little more in your thread on this but man, that is one hell of a start for this month.  :)

BTW< I still need to comment on Chapter 15, I had a big test this week and a speech on friday so I haven't had a chance yet, I'll try to get to that soon. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 13, 2005, 09:42 AM »
My idea is to go the horror movie route. The first one I have planned is a Zombie Yoda. If you have the Jedi vs Sith battle pack, you'll notice that Yoda has these crazy eyes. Perfect for a living dead version of Yoda.

The other figure I'm using for a base is General Grevious from the Jedi vs Sith pack. I initially thought he would make a great skelaton but maybe he can be modified into an bug from Aliens.

Just some ideas to steal.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 14, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Chewie, that's a great Evil Dead Sith, very nice paint job to bring out the corpsely (is that a word?) details, i like that a lot.

those are nice ideas Phruby! i caved in and bought that battle pack and have the figures sitting around here too. i was gonna take the Yoda and get him to spear a 501st, its been done a lot, but still looks cool. i especially like the idea of the Grievous/Alien hybrid creature. the alien's hands couldn't hold a lightsaber any worse than Grievous.  :P

i wish i had the time to try my hand at this month's challenge, i've just been busy selling stuff on ebay to help get my hubby's dentist bill paid off.  although i might revisit that Grievous idea after i get my self-custom completed. look for an update in about 2 weeks  :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #724 on: October 18, 2005, 03:51 PM »
Still not sure if I should do a scary alien custom or one of those "candy corn" troopers! 

OK...

Here it is almost 2 weeks later and I still have no idea how to go about this month's entry.

Still waiting for inspiration to strike I guess.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 18, 2005, 04:06 PM »
Ok guys, don't make me have two entries before anyone else gets one done.   ;)

Work on figure #2 begins tonight!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #726 on: October 19, 2005, 03:12 AM »
I started on my entry tonight, well I got the parts for it at least, and I did my civilduty and picked up a peg warmer to use as fodder. I bought my first Niemodian Gunner, since May. :P
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 19, 2005, 09:32 AM »
That is scary enought that you bought a Niemodian warrior.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 20, 2005, 11:29 AM »
Hey, I have about a dozen of those Warriors.  S-C-A-R-Y stuff!  I do like the figure a lot though.

Let's see... 11 days until Halloween!  Can't wait to start seeing some entries on this...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Chewie, how do you get that kind of finish on the super battle droid arms?

Sorry I missed this question... what do you mean, the color to it?  I dry brushed it.  I don't know if that's really answering your question though.

And Greg, I didn't really have to tweak much on the parts to fit... he has really limited articulation however.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #730 on: October 22, 2005, 08:22 PM »
So has anyone else started? From the sound of things so far only CHEWIE, Phruby, and I have anything. :-\

Here's a WIP of mine, he is supposed to be some sort of alien guard/soldier/creepy killer type. I still need to do a bit of sculpting on the shoulder armor to help blend in the pieces I added. The helmet that has little red lights that light up in the eye sockets, though I don't know how long the battery will last because I can't stop playing with it. :P Is there anything I should change on this guy? (other than the paint of course, I still have to do that.)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 08:25 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 24, 2005, 03:05 PM »
Whoa! That looks really cool.  Where did you get the mask and the head armor?

I might suggest some sort of other hands, just to go along with his them of being completely covered in armor.

Looking forward to seeing how you paint this... remember to dry brush some!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 24, 2005, 03:06 PM »
I almost wish that the Dathomir Witch could qualify for this month.

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 24, 2005, 06:52 PM »
o.k. so anyone can join then?with that covered,I just started my bounty hunter guy  (well really I hafvent decided what the heck he is)I can use gijoe parts right?
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #734 on: October 24, 2005, 06:56 PM »
Thanks Justin. I like the armored hand suggestion, I'll see what I can find in my fooder box, and I'f I can't findanything, I'll just sculpt some armor on.

The helmet, "vibroaxe," and the Shoukder armor come from Paladin of the Megablocks Mag Warriors line. I saw it at Wal-Mart onenight and thought that it could make a good head for a scary Blue Harvest type figure.

Your witch would have made a great entry. So what do you have planned for your 2nd entry?

o.k. so anyone can join then?with that covered,I just started my bounty hunter guy (well really I hafvent decided what the heck he is)I can use gijoe parts right?

Yeah you can use Joe parts but we did Bounty hunters last month so try and come up with something "Blue Harvest" based, whcih shouldn't be too hard since it is a fairly broad topic.
"This is the way."