Author Topic: Group Project #IX - Tonnika Sisters  (Read 33555 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Group Project #IX - Tonnika Sisters
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 01:13 PM »
Mesa like. :D
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 1, 2005, 08:59 PM »
Im going to try to get in on this one too. My new boss says he doesnt mind me getting on the computer when things are slow so I may actually be able to communicate on a more regular basis.

Has anyone thought about the ROTS luminara body. I know I've suggested this body before for other female customs but its practicly perfect for customs, and shes so abundant. Thats probably what Im going to use.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 2, 2005, 02:58 PM »
She works great for customs. I used her for my Lumiya and calamari dancer a few months back.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 2, 2005, 04:09 PM »
Funny... I started using a Lumnira body on a new custom last night... great custom fodder!

:P

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: December 2, 2005, 07:19 PM »
Im going to try to get in on this one too. My new boss says he doesnt mind me getting on the computer when things are slow so I may actually be able to communicate on a more regular basis.

Has anyone thought about the ROTS luminara body. I know I've suggested this body before for other female customs but its practicly perfect for customs, and shes so abundant. Thats probably what Im going to use.

I just may have to steal that idea myself. Sorry, it's a good one. ;)
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 5, 2005, 01:42 PM »
For those that are looking for a recipy for starting their Tonnika sisters, this one comes from Michael Collins over at the FFURG recipe area.

Step 1

First I swapped heads so Ceremonial Leia's head (regular carded version) was on "Collectors Series" Leia body and vice versa. Why you ask? Well the one in green is about a foot taller and REALLY beautiful and that Ceremonial Leia is taller than any other female figure. The one in Blue has that scowl on her face that looked like (carded) Ceremonial Leia but she's shorter so the head swap worked out great.

Step 2

The outfits were pretty easy, wristbands, belt and that neck colar thingy were made with A/B Epoxy (yes I augmented their breasts as well.)

Step 3

On Ceremonial Leia I had to chop off her lower calves and glue on boots from another regular Princess Leia. I usually superglue a paperclip between the boots and the legs for a stronger bond.

Step 4

Shave their heads so they are completley bald and paint the body now. i repainted their flesh to a more pale but try to leave the eyes alone.

Step 5

Used my infamous sewing thread technique for the hair. I just superglued a bunch on the sides and back of their heads and then put a little dab of A/B Epoxy on top and wrapped string around their heads into that beehive hair-do they got going.

Step 6

Now you can do any final touchups on their faces, lipstick, eyeliner, etc.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #21 on: December 5, 2005, 09:09 PM »
Thats a pretty complete recipe Phruby,

I wonder if we all stuck to this recipe, would all the figures look identical?

PS, can anyone else get  into FFURG? Its been 3 days since i've been able to go their site to load.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 5, 2005, 10:06 PM »
I was just there today. The forum is down though.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 5, 2005, 10:11 PM »
Here is my first work in progress update on my Tonnika Sisters. I followed the advice of the receipe above and used two different heads for the figures. I used an ep1 Padme and a slave girl Leia for the heads. The bodies are Princess Leia Collection Ceremony Leias. I had to chop off their lower legs to put new boots on them. Two ep1 battle dress Amidalas supplied the boots. You may notice that the Leia head one is a little taller than the Padme one. I had to shorten the neck on the padme to get the right effect. Also the leg was cut higher on the Padme one. These girls are sisters and not twins.

Here is a picture of them in the underwear. :o

« Last Edit: December 5, 2005, 10:12 PM by Master_Phruby »

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 5, 2005, 10:22 PM »
Im going to grab my Luminaras on Wednesday. Unfortunately Ive got to go to the TRU in Knoxville, and thats my only off day. I too will be using the amidala and leia heads, But I dont think they are the same ones Phruby is using.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #25 on: December 6, 2005, 09:40 AM »
Off to a good start Phruby!

I should have something along these lines done by this weekend.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 6, 2005, 08:33 PM »
Actually I'm not sure what I want to do with mine. When I did Snoova,( which I have to actually post someday) I kind of "Updated" him so to speak, and went the whole "Real" snoova as opposed to the chewie in didguise. I'm not sure if It would fly if I did the same thing to the Tonnikas. What do you say Phruby. Can I do that?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: December 7, 2005, 01:06 AM »
Actually I'm not sure what I want to do with mine. When I did Snoova,( which I have to actually post someday) I kind of "Updated" him so to speak, and went the whole "Real" snoova as opposed to the chewie in didguise. I'm not sure if It would fly if I did the same thing to the Tonnikas. What do you say Phruby. Can I do that?

Just out of curiousity what do you mean by the "real" Tonnikas. I don't know too much about them, are they supposed to be someone else?
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 7, 2005, 04:05 PM »
As long as they can be easily identified as the Tonnika sisters and not just two random female figures then go for it.

Offline magillafett

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2005, 09:12 PM »

Just out of curiousity what do you mean by the "real" Tonnikas. I don't know too much about them, are they supposed to be someone else?

Yes, apparently the sisters in the cantina were supposed to be other girls impersonating the real Tonnikas.