Author Topic: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 7: Organic Separatists  (Read 17519 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Re: Monthly Customizing Challenge - Month 7: Organic Separatists
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2005, 08:46 PM »
Here is my latest.
LMK what you think.

Aqualish soldier
 [][/]  ][]  []
Fritzkrieg

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2005, 05:46 PM »
I guess I should make something for this month. I'll check my box. Maybe I can piece together something cool.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2005, 07:42 PM »
 I finally found time to take pics of Dav'sa Arman in mandalorian armour. I made a custom for the "self-customs challenge" a while back dressed as a journeyman protector. Here he is wearing his mandalorian armour. He served yet again with the mandalorians in the clone wars from Separatist employers, working covert-ops missions with Headhunter company, a section of mandalorians who were once under jaster mereel's direct command.

I feel pretty satisfied with it, but I really think I should have painted his jumpsuit greyish-tan then given him a wash of black. Maybe I'll revise it later, but I'm actually quite satisfied with it as is.

I need to better my photography skills, cause you can't see the scratches and battle damage I pained on his armour. My favourite is a "paint scratch" scar going down the right side of his helmet. I'll take a pic of that later.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/Sakamaku/davsa4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/Sakamaku/davsa2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/Sakamaku/davsa1.jpg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2005, 10:30 AM »
Wow, now that is one TOUGH looking warrior.  I think the jumpsuit looks pretty good as is.  Did you paint it black, then do a gray wash on it?  Maybe a bit of dry brushing on it too, first with black, then with gray to see what that might look like.  Not that it needs it, just an idea.

The green armor is a good match for the overall look of the figure too.

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2005, 11:11 AM »
Just a bit over a week left for this one guys.   ;)

Have we settled on what December's challenge will be?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2005, 11:27 PM »
Time's almost up!

I made this one tonight with this challenge in mind.  His name is Trisek - he isn't really a "troop" but has done fighting for the Separatists, and secretly has ties to the Badoo Corba terror organization.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2005, 11:37 PM »
OK, here's my entry. He's a Nautolan Separatist spy. I envision him using the same abilities that make Kit a good Jedi to be a good spy. Treachery, deception, etc. He's made using Dirk Pitt's sidekick from the Sahara subline (available at Wal-Mart) and a surgically modified AOTC Kit (I cut the action tentacles off, and removed the factory neck to give him a better jaw line). I also gave him Neimoidian boots, which made him taller and added articulated ankles. Compared to the ROTS Kit, he's a tower of an alien.

I think he looks dirty and mean, and he's the first guy I've made that was actually inspired by a Custom Challenge, so here you go. :)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2005, 12:51 AM »
Excellent work guys!

In Rem: I commented more in your thread but I really like your entry. The modifications are excellent.

CHEWIE: As always an excellent entry. That Djas Puhr body is excellent. I like the purplish skin tone. I'm not sure I like the red leggings though. The red on the collar is fine but for some reason the red seems out of place on the leggings because the pants are that blueish color. I think that I'd either nix the red, or change the pants to black.
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2005, 06:09 PM »
All of the latest entries have been added. In Rem do you have a finished picture of your neimoidian for me to add? :)
"This is the way."

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2005, 08:28 PM »
In Rem do you have a finished picture of your neimoidian for me to add? :)

Hmmm... I don't think so. I'll try to snap a couple tonight.

Thanks!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 1, 2005, 11:11 AM »
Man I wish I could find some of those Sahara figures.  I've looked and looked, but no luck at any Walmarts in my area.

I love how you put this figure together.  He really has that dirty Separatist look to him, and I think the scar is the perfect touch.  Great color choice too.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #41 on: December 1, 2005, 11:15 AM »
Thanks, CHEWIE. I think the pictures turned out OK, but he looks better in person. He also looks good alongside standard figures...I should have taken some photos in context. I think in scale he's probably like 6' 8" or something like that... real tall and lanky, which for some reason adds to his thuggish look. :)

I snagged the only two Sahara guys I saw the last time I was at Wal-Mart (although I have seen more at times when I didn't have $$$ for fodder). They are mixed in with the newer Marine figures, so you might have to dig. Some people are bashing these as shoddy, but mine have both worked out really well so far.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 1, 2005, 09:03 PM »
Im digging that Nautolean, and the Aqualish is sweet too. I havent had tome to finish mine yet but Im hoping to put some final touches on him tomorrow. I can check my local walmart for you Chewie. I beleive there was one of each there yesterday.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 1, 2005, 10:01 PM »
Ennis, you mean of Sahara figures?  Yeah, if you want to pick me up a couple I will definitely pay you back for sure.   :)