Author Topic: Xbox 360  (Read 116980 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Re: XBox 360
« Reply #405 on: December 26, 2009, 03:00 PM »
For Christmas I received Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II and Dragon Age: Origins for the X-box.

Both are really good games!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 03:01 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 26, 2009, 05:45 PM »
Is the RROD still a problem with the newer boxes?  I've been considering a 360 to compliment my PS3 - always had at least 2 or 3 systems hooked up even though I'm no hard core gamer, I just like having variety.  Would love to dig into those Halo games and a few other Microsoft exclusives.  Finished the original Halo on my PC a few years ago, but I don't really dig gaming on there very much.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #407 on: May 18, 2010, 08:23 PM »
From SW.com:  Celebrate 30 Years of Empire with Xbox Live Avatars

Available Thursday.  Will join a bunch of other SW-related avatar content which has already been on the XBLM for a while.

(The Tauntaun's not to scale!    >:( )
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #408 on: May 18, 2010, 08:43 PM »
Then it's not worth buying obviously.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 18, 2010, 09:09 PM »
How come Nintendo never does anything fun like that?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #410 on: May 18, 2010, 09:24 PM »
That's funny--the only reason the Xbox avatars exist in the first place was because Microsoft was looking for their own version of Nintendo's Miis.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 19, 2010, 12:03 AM »
Nintendo never really did anything with the Miis expect put them in as characters in games. Nothing really fun except what is in a stock Wii OS.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 19, 2010, 01:01 AM »
I might have to cave and buy some of those costumes
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #413 on: May 19, 2010, 01:08 AM »
Nintendo never really did anything with the Miis expect put them in as characters in games. Nothing really fun except what is in a stock Wii OS.

The Xbox avatars aren't worth a ****, either.  The only difference is that Microsoft realized that they could make a bundle by selling virtual lightsabers to the nerds for $5 each, and Nintendo was already making enough money as it was selling Wiis and DSes and their first-party games to give much of a crap about making any money off the rest of the stuff.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 19, 2010, 02:10 PM »
Some of us happen to like those little digital avs. I'll likely spend a few bucks on one of these. Really hoping for Jedi robes though. Any of Obi-wan's robes from Ep II, III or IV. ANd I'm sure there are more than a few who would like Anakin's from Ep III.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #415 on: May 19, 2010, 05:35 PM »
I don't mind the avatars--they're kind of fun and I'll take all the freebie clothes and props they want to give me.  But as far as actually buying stuff for them?  Hell no.  There's about a million other things in the marketplace I'd spend my spacebucks on first before I started outfitting my avatar with virtual Mark Ecko hoodies and Stormtrooper helmets and whatnot.

I'd even buy all the Pearl Jam songs for Rock Band before I'd buy that avatar stuff.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 19, 2010, 05:55 PM »
yeah, i don't get the whole purpose behind the avatars - I am sure there is something, but whatever it is X-Box hasn't made me feel like I needed to buy into it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #417 on: May 19, 2010, 06:49 PM »
Yeah, if it's free I'm all for it...  I mean, you already pay to play, you already pay for games, you already pay for expansions...  Paying for avatar ****'s kind of a kick in the balls then to me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 20, 2010, 04:52 PM »
Ah but then there are those avatar games that you can bring your avatar into. I'm itchin to bring mine in as a Jedi or trooper.

Kingdom for Keflings was one such game and that was a blast for how simple the game was. Your avatar is a giant in the game and you basically build a kingdom.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #419 on: May 20, 2010, 07:22 PM »
And how much did it cost?

That's my point is all...  The game already cost you something, so avatar **** should be free or come with games you buy...  Case-in-point, if you bought TFU you should already get avatar **** for Star Wars with it IMO.  Paying more for something that should be free because you already pay a ton for X-Box and everything that goes with it is a kick in the nuts.  I like making my avatar look all stupid for my own entertainment but I'll never pay a dime for anything for it because I already shell out plenty for games I want, X-Box Live (well, in theory I shell out a lot for that, so you stay quiet over there, Matt  ;D), and controllers, etc., etc.

I mean, people can buy whatever they want, and that's not my argument...  My argument is I totally view all this avatar stuff as things that should either come with games you buy, or just simply be free downloadable content that made me maybe give a slightly bigger hoot about my XBL avatar than I currently do.  Something that probably cost them practically zilch to make, is probably making them more money than it ever should.