Author Topic: Xbox 360  (Read 116970 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Re: XBox 360
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2005, 03:50 PM »
Is the $399.00 bundle going to be a standard thing?  I'm debating when to buy mine and I'd hate to wait until the middle of next year and find that you can only get the Core system at that point with all the rest of the stuff being sold separately.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2005, 03:57 PM »
On the box it says the DVD remote is only included for a limited time on the Premium bundle.  Maybe that's what they're going to change. 

Get only the Core system?  Yikes. I don't want to live in that world.  ;D

This made me laugh.  http://ghostbusters360.ytmnd.com/
Got Clones?

SilverZ

« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2005, 04:26 PM »
Platinum will continue to ship into next year. I don't consider the remote a huge loss if it's taken out of the mix since the MS universal remote they are selling is superior.

And yeah, don't bother with a Core system, unless you really feel like spending  more in the long run to purchase an hdd, component cable, wireless controller, and headset.

This made me laugh. http://ghostbusters360.ytmnd.com/

Very funny.  :)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2005, 04:29 PM »
Thanks.

I have no intention of buying a core system, I just wanted to look into whether or not we'd hit a point down the road where that was all that was available - forcing people who don't jump on the deal now to buy all those pieces individually.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2005, 05:45 PM »
Very funny.

Yes.  Actually, the retail power supply is smaller than that and grey. I think that's from the XDK.  But it still cracked me up. 

I don't consider the remote a huge loss if it's taken out of the mix since the MS universal remote they are selling is superior.

I don't know. I really liked getting one in the box. I'm not saying the big one isn't better (it is)....but I getting one free was cool.  Makes using MCE features on day one really easy.

BTW...where's that Best Buy line picture you posted?  It looks like the Best Buy in my town.   ;D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 05:46 PM by JoshEEE »
Got Clones?

SilverZ

« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2005, 06:16 PM »
Yeah, it's not that I don't appreciate having the remote, but it's not quite as cool as I'd thought.

That BB might have been from Seattle, or maybe Tacoma, if I remember right from the guy's post.

Oh, and one small complaint, and I'm in a minority since I have a weird TV -- I use a 36" 4:3 HDTV in the bedroom. I bought it a few years ago when I wanted to use the set mostly for gaming, and games of the PS2/Xbox/GC era were going to be run via component video at 480p when 95% of games were 4:3. It turns out it's really lame about high-def stuff, and does a raster squeeze when it detects 1080i material (so 1080i is letterboxed but at full resolution within the TV's 4:3 screen).

So, when you set the 360 to run at 1080i and widescreen, everything is fine. I get the raster squeeze and everything runs full rez within a 16:9 letterbox, BUT, if you launch a DVD in the 360, it doesn't upconvert the DVD output to the resolution the box runs at. It spits out ONLY 480p. So, no raster squeeze. Which means all 16:9 material is still squeezed and full screen on the 4:3 screen. There's no way for me to unsqueeze it.

If I want to watch DVDs, I have to go back into the setup menue, select 480p/4:3, and rerun the DVD. It's a 1 in 1000 compatability problem, but it's still annoying. And there's no reason their DVD software player can't upconvert to 720p or 1080i, but for some reason they've elect not to.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2005, 06:07 AM »
Jared / Josh,

What is you XBOX Live ID and what games are you playing?

My boys and my Live ID is SuperChief1.  We are playing COD 2 online which is a blast!!!

I rented NFS, NBA 2K6 and PDZ.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2005, 06:09 AM »
Jared,

That is dissapointing.  I was hoping to replace my upconverting DVD in the family room with the 360, mainly to not have to hide more cables to the wall mounted t.v.

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2005, 06:01 PM »
Help me here    what about all my old saved games?what do I do put it on a 20 dollar memory card (can I do that from harddrive) and slap it on the 360 or is all that work on Halo 2 for nothin.
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2005, 01:27 AM »
Unless someone makes some sort of adapter, your saves won't transfer.

I'm keeping my old Xbox.  When I play Halo 2, I still like the big controller anyway.  I tried it with that 360 controller, and it's just not the same.;D
Got Clones?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 5, 2005, 10:58 AM »
Have any of you seen the XBOX 360 scams going on ebay? They are rampant. There are people selling XBOX 360 Empty Boxes for over $800 to parents who are in such a rush they don't read descriptions. Insane.

What course of action do you think a customer who falls for this scam has after they get their empty box in the mail? I would say none, personally, because the auction states pretty plainly that the auction is for an empty box. People are so stupid.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 5, 2005, 03:07 PM »
People are combatting this by registering fake accounts called "Ebayscammer" "Yousuckloser" etc, etc....and winning these pathetic scammer's auctions.

I recommend everyone join in to save a clueless but well meaning parent this sort of disappointment on Christmas.
Got Clones?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #87 on: December 5, 2005, 11:53 PM »
Part of me thinks that someone who buys something without reading a description on Ebay's just SOL.  If it was an empty box without SAYING so I think that's fraud plain and simple...  Probably is by definition but I dont' feel like thinking about this that hard, but if it's described as such, empty headed parents could get their empty box, and learn a very full lesson.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 6, 2005, 12:31 AM »
I really think its over-rated.
They just try to damn hard, Microsoft.
Didnt they have a call back on all of the first x-boxs?
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 6, 2005, 12:51 AM »
They just try to damn hard, Microsoft.

You're right. Next time they should duct-tape some sticks together and call it the "Ultra fun Drum Machine!".

Didnt they have a call back on all of the first x-boxs?

They gave out new power cords last year, because they had a handful of reports of power supplies having heat problems. The new ones had little ground fault interrupters that would shut off if it got too hot (like a hair dryer).

I got my new one for free....but for the record, my power supply never burned my house down.  ;D
Got Clones?