Author Topic: Xbox 360  (Read 117278 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Re: XBox 360
« Reply #120 on: October 5, 2007, 11:03 PM »
That'd be cool to set something like that up.  I finally cracked open Halo 3 tonight and tried it out.  I also have a year's worth of Gold membership I'm looking to activate in the next couple of weeks.

Took me 20 minutes of playing to realize that my Xbox was still set to 4:3 and 480p.  Quite the difference once I got it sent up right.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 7, 2007, 12:35 PM »
Do the KOTOR games & RC on the 360 yet? I rememeber them not working. I'm hopefully getting a 360 soon,  so hopefully I'll be able to play those.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #122 on: October 7, 2007, 05:19 PM »
Do the KOTOR games & RC on the 360 yet? I rememeber them not working. I'm hopefully getting a 360 soon,  so hopefully I'll be able to play those.

All three of them work.

I got my Elite this past week, and set up my XBOX Live acount.  Is there a JD gamer tag list somewere?  I'm hoping to play with some JD'ers.  My ID is:  ONESHOT1KLLR

My gamertag is XO SaulTigh. I mostly only play Halo, but I do have Gears of War, Splinter Cell DA, and COD3. Hit me up sometime and we can play. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: October 7, 2007, 06:13 PM »
I'm a bit lost on 360 news...  Is the system coming down in price, and if so, when?  WM has the Halo edition...  Which is the one aesthetically I'd prefer since I have the Halo original XB.  But with lay-away gone at WM I don't make big buys there so I'd have to go to Best Buy I guess...  What's the scoop though?  Is the system coming down in price or no?  I was hoping to maybe make my purchase right around the holidays or late November maybe so I had it for the kids to play with too...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #124 on: October 7, 2007, 07:17 PM »
Came down in price a couple months ago.

Instead of another price drop for the holidays, word has it that they'll be bundling in some games with the Pro and Elite systems here in the next few weeks.  I believe the packed-in games are Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.  Both SKUs will get both games.

The Halo 3-60 won't be coming with Halo 3, though, because that would make too much sense.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #125 on: October 8, 2007, 12:52 AM »
Hmmm, didn't even realize the price had dropped...  Seems like it's not a significant drop though if it did come down.   :-\  I guess maybe I'll just wait for a game bundle then...  And yes, Halo3 without Halo3 is pretty, uh, dumb.

The only reason I got Halo was because my old XB came with it...  Otherwise, it's just not a game high on my priority list I guess.  Do like how the Halo box looks though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Online Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #126 on: October 8, 2007, 12:58 AM »
I think it was a $50 price drop.  I'd pick it up...but then, I've been playing mine since January.  A little odd for me since the last console I played was my Super Nintendo, but I''ve been getting used to the controller as opposed to the keyboard-and-mouse combo I'm more familiar with.

BTW, Halo 3 and Gears of War are awesome!   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #127 on: October 8, 2007, 01:52 AM »
Gears does look awesome, actually.  I've wanted to check it out...  HALO just wasn't a series I got too into.  I played 2 for the first time tonight with the kids...  They like it to multi-play but for me it's all about the sp experience, so I still am tearing through certain games on my X-Box by myself. 

360's on my list of things to buy but only at the best possible value, or till the kids drive me nuts about it enough...  I'm hoping for the former, but the latter is slowly approaching.  ::) 

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #128 on: October 8, 2007, 02:01 AM »
360's on my list of things to buy but only at the best possible value, or till the kids drive me nuts about it enough...  I'm hoping for the former, but the latter is slowly approaching.  ::) 

The upcoming holiday bundles are probably the best possible values you'll get on the 360 for a while.  Probably won't be another price drop until next Spring or so.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #129 on: October 8, 2007, 03:15 AM »
That's what I was figuring after you mentioned the price already dipped on it...

I kinda was hoping to get one around the holidays so the kids had some time to play it while on vacation(s) from school...  Plus I figured if I didn't overspend on gifts this year I could maybe splurge on something "big" for myself too... 

Thanks for the info guys, I do appreciate it since I was apparantly way more out of the loop on this than I realized.   :-[

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 8, 2007, 03:38 PM »
My gamertag is XO SaulTigh. I mostly only play Halo, but I do have Gears of War, Splinter Cell DA, and COD3. Hit me up sometime and we can play. :)

Ryan added to my friends list. 8)  I scored a few used games on ebay for a decent price:

COD3
Ghost Recon:  Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon:  Advanced Warfighter 2

I just teared myself away from Halo 3 to play some GRAW, man I see why that game won game of the year, simply awesome!

As close to modern warfare as you would want to be.  I heard rumors that MS was coming out with a new $279 base model with HDMI for the Holiday sales push. Hopefully those looking to pick up a 360 can score one, so we can get some JD play going. 
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 8, 2007, 09:35 PM »
I'm interested in that shooter about "what-if the cold war turned into WWIII". Sounds pretty cool.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 9, 2007, 01:32 AM »
HALO just wasn't a series I got too into.  I played 2 for the first time tonight 

And there's your problem. Halo 2 is like the AOTC of the trilogy: it sucks so bad that you can skip it and not miss anything (although multiplayer is the ****).
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: October 9, 2007, 01:44 AM »
That's why I've played, actually.  I wanted to get sorta acquainted with the controls to kick the **** out of the kids on it.  They got 2 controllers recently, so we now play each other and their friends when they're over, and POWN!!!!1111 each other.  Very fun.

I didn't dig HALO1 either though and played it to completion...  Just wasn't into it much I guess.  I much prefer the gaming engines of Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Brother's In Arms, etc.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 9, 2007, 09:14 AM »
I don't have a 360, but I was just watching some of these trailers/commercials for an upcoming Simpsons game on there, and it looks pretty good.  It actually looks more like the show than a lot of the previous games have.