Author Topic: Xbox 360  (Read 117246 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Re: XBox 360
« Reply #330 on: January 9, 2009, 06:53 PM »
Left 4 Dead is fun Ryan. However after you play all four campaign's in it, it gets boring fast. It's always the same thing zombies zombies and more zombies. Oh and some "special" Zombies.

Other than playing it on a harder level it's not challenging at all and there are no "Boss" levels.

Many of the achievements are easy to get. Only the many thousand kills (53,595 zombies killed?) is hard to get. Well not hard, but time consuming.

Sounds a lot like Dead Rising...another fun Zombie game.  The Lawnmower was my weapon of choice.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 10, 2009, 07:08 PM »
So I picked up a 360 Arcade the other day, the Jasper unit.

Awesome.

Yup. Almost caved and got the pro because of the Arcade's lack of backward compatibility but then I realized I never play my Xbox 1 anymore so it doesn't really matter anyway. Now I have a disc with all those Arcade games and Sega Tennis I'll probably never open.

Oh, and I picked up a 120GB hard drive the other day.  Paid the full $150 plus tax for it, which sucked, but I used a gift card, so it didn't really suck all that much.  Wish I could have found one for $90, which is what Target was clearancing them out for just a month or two ago.  Still, it's nice to have one since they appear to be drying up at retail.  Went ahead and ripped all my games to it (except Halo 3) and still have plenty of space left over for other stuff. 

Yeah I'll probably end up picking up a hard drive once I get more games but all I plan on playing for the moment are NCAA football/basketball games and GTAIV (once I buy it) so the 256MB is fine for now.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 10, 2009, 10:19 PM »
i have what is probably a dumb question.  an ex-co-worker gave me his xbox with the red ring of death.  it has a hard drive. is there any way to tell how big the hard drive is just by looking at it? 

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #333 on: January 10, 2009, 10:44 PM »
Almost caved and got the pro because of the Arcade's lack of backward compatibility but then I realized I never play my Xbox 1 anymore so it doesn't really matter anyway.

If you ever slap a hard drive on there, you'll have a backwards-compatible Arcade.

i have what is probably a dumb question.  an ex-co-worker gave me his xbox with the red ring of death.  it has a hard drive. is there any way to tell how big the hard drive is just by looking at it? 

Chances are it's a 20GB.  If it was a 60 or 120, you'd be able to tell.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #334 on: January 18, 2009, 08:42 PM »
Thanks Jesse. I'm not that big of an online gamer but you kinda have to resort to online play when nobody else wants to play Halo. I'll probably end up sticking with the free stuff until summer. Good to see it's still $50 a year, that's affordable.

13 months @ Buy.com for $40

5% off @ Buy.com coupon

I'm terrible at math, but whatever that is. . .  $38?

Xbox Live 12+1 cards have been showing up at Walmart.com, Buy.com, and Amazon.com for less than $30 over the last week.

Looks like they're sold out right now at Buy and Walmart, but Amazon has them:

$29.97

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 19, 2009, 02:47 AM »
Yeah WM was also selling wireless controllers for $30... I snagged one so me and my roommate can both play. Gonna work on setting up Live next.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #336 on: January 19, 2009, 04:56 PM »
Figured I'd post this for all the Mass Effect people here:

GameStop lists Mass Effect re-release for Feb. 10

In what seems to be one of the most generous packages of the new year, GameStop has listed a new, two-disc Mass Effect re-release due next month that includes the game, a documentary, trailers, music, design galleries and the Bring Down the Sky DLC, all for $19.99

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #337 on: January 20, 2009, 12:52 AM »
I've got most of the documentaries and whatnot DL'ed already but I might end up biting on this rerelease. If it were $30 I think I'd have passed but $20 really isn't too bad. I really hope that the second game is going to be ready for release this year. At the very least some more DLC would be nice, but from everything I've read it doesn't appear that Bioware has anymore DLC in progress.
"This is the way."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 20, 2009, 02:36 PM »
Figured I'd post this for all the Mass Effect people here:

GameStop lists Mass Effect re-release for Feb. 10

In what seems to be one of the most generous packages of the new year, GameStop has listed a new, two-disc Mass Effect re-release due next month that includes the game, a documentary, trailers, music, design galleries and the Bring Down the Sky DLC, all for $19.99

Dang, I was hoping this was info on ME2!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #339 on: January 20, 2009, 03:21 PM »
Sorry?

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 23, 2009, 01:47 PM »
I don't have an Xbox, but my friend does and he's having a problem where the video output goes first to just green distorted lines, then back to normal, but with purple replacing a lot of the other colors.

Very trippy.

Anyone have this problem?
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #341 on: January 23, 2009, 09:32 PM »
It sounds similiar to one I had awhile back. I had a graphics card issue and had to send it in, luckily it was under warranty still. Does his freeze at all? He could also just have a loose connection on his TV, that'd be the easiest thing to check.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #342 on: February 4, 2009, 12:58 PM »
My barely-a-year-old 360 took a dump the other day.  Was working fine at one point, turned it off, turned it back on a few hours later for some RB2, got the E-74 error, out of the blue.

When I originally bought it at Best Buy last year, I bought a replacement plan along with it, so I boxed everything up and took it back to BB.  They tested it out and let me exchange it for a new unit, so I picked up one of the new Arcades with the Jasper chip.  Also got a new replacement plan.  Best part was that they gave me the difference between the old unit ($350) and the new unit ($200), so I got a gift card for around $135, most of which I blew on Microsoft Points.

It sucks that my old one only lasted a year, and I am now missing the chrome disc tray, and I have to go through the rigmarole of transferring all my downloaded stuff over, but all in all, I'm pretty happy to have a Jasper.  Plus, I got some free games out of the deal, too--the ones that come with the Arcade now. 

To sum up, I guess I could say that I'm really glad that my 360 crapped out.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #343 on: February 4, 2009, 02:07 PM »
I've not heard of that error...  Good lord I hope I don't run into that now.  I got the RRoD this past year, and I'm hoping that was all I'll have to go through.  Love the XB but hate the worry.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #344 on: February 5, 2009, 01:01 AM »
My barely-a-year-old 360 took a dump the other day.  Was working fine at one point, turned it off, turned it back on a few hours later for some RB2, got the E-74 error, out of the blue.

When I originally bought it at Best Buy last year, I bought a replacement plan along with it, so I boxed everything up and took it back to BB.  They tested it out and let me exchange it for a new unit, so I picked up one of the new Arcades with the Jasper chip.  Also got a new replacement plan.  Best part was that they gave me the difference between the old unit ($350) and the new unit ($200), so I got a gift card for around $135, most of which I blew on Microsoft Points.

It sucks that my old one only lasted a year, and I am now missing the chrome disc tray, and I have to go through the rigmarole of transferring all my downloaded stuff over, but all in all, I'm pretty happy to have a Jasper.  Plus, I got some free games out of the deal, too--the ones that come with the Arcade now. 

To sum up, I guess I could say that I'm really glad that my 360 crapped out.

I had almost the same thing happen to me back with my original X-box. I got about $125 back so I was able to get some all new games and a couple of the S Controllers back when they were new. The hassle sucked, but it really ended up being a good thing.

Hopefully that Jasper is all it's cracked up to be. :)
« Last Edit: February 5, 2009, 01:02 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."