Author Topic: Medicom "VCD" Vinyl Figures  (Read 82849 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Medicom Vinyl Figures
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2006, 03:13 AM »
So did anyone get a shipping notice from SideShow on the Vader & Stormie? Sadly I had to pass on these.  :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2006, 02:49 PM »
I cancelled the 2 Stormtroopers a week ago and am considering cancelling the Vader too.  $60 for a figure plus $35 shipping and probably $20 duty?  I just don't think I can justify it anymore.  I hate FedEx with a passion.  >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2006, 10:29 PM »
Again Jesse, hook up with one of the folks in the states: shipping is dramatically reduced; it can be sent up here USPS fairly cheaply and with a lower declared value.  No FedEx/UPS nonsense pricing, no brokerage/customs fees.  It's way too sensible. 

I didn't cancel my order and I did get my shipping notice.  As mentioned before, I'll stick with OT on these and did order the Tie Pilot.  Nice oddball conversation pieces I think. 

I will admit this might be one of those lines that doesn't do so well though and secondary pricing might be lower. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2006, 12:42 AM »
Again Jesse, hook up with one of the folks in the states: shipping is dramatically reduced; it can be sent up here USPS fairly cheaply and with a lower declared value.  No FedEx/UPS nonsense pricing, no brokerage/customs fees.  It's way too sensible. 

Actually, I've learned to do that now and many of my fellow JD'ers have helped me out.  Unfortunately Sideshow will not allow me to ship items to anyone but the billing address, not even a secondary address registered with my credit card.  :(

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2006, 12:44 AM »
Unfortunately Sideshow will not allow me to ship items to anyone but the billing address, not even a secondary address registered with my credit card.  :(

Been there, done that...  :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2006, 01:07 AM »

Actually, I've learned to do that now and many of my fellow JD'ers have helped me out.  Unfortunately Sideshow will not allow me to ship items to anyone but the billing address, not even a secondary address registered with my credit card.  :(

Uh........ someone's giving you guys a line.  I'm doing exactly that and having no problem at all.  Although maybe I should just shut up about it :-X  Maybe it's because I list the billing and shipping address as being the same, even though they're not :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2006, 01:10 PM »
I received my shipping notice for the 501st clone, it should be here tomorrow. I don't know where/if this fits into the collection, but I like the idea of having one at least.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2006, 10:35 PM »
Got the 501st today- I like it!

Soooo, what is the deal with medicom being able to sell through sideshow? Is this just because there isn't a U.S. license that covers this size figure?
Could Kubricks be next?

I actually hope not. I sort of like the fact that Kubricks are not a North American item.

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2006, 07:13 AM »
Quality work with the box of the Tie Fighter Pilot.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2006, 09:10 AM »
Dang, that is nice!

Offline Hes No Good to Me Dead

• Jedi Padawan
  • That's it baby, when you got it, flaunt it.
    • View Profile
    • Now With Kung-Fu Grip
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2006, 11:30 AM »
I wonder how far they'll go with this line. That's 7 so far. I wouldn't be surprised we see a Scout Trooper one soon and then perhaps a Snowtrooper to tie in with a Hoth theme Kubrick Series 8. H8Graphix do heaps of other wicked figures so perhaps they'll have a crack at humaniod and alien characters too.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2006, 12:05 PM »
I just went to sideshow and placed my order for the tie pilot. So much for only getting 1 of these... Now I have 4 more on order (Darth, Stormtrooper, Fett, and Tie pilot) to go with my 501st.

This hobby is not easy for those of us completely lacking willpower and who are suckers for cute villians.  ;)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2006, 05:22 AM »
This hobby is not easy for those of us completely lacking willpower and who are suckers for cute villians.  ;)

Amen.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2006, 03:18 PM »
I see that VCD Yoda is up on Medicom's site today!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 03:19 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2006, 03:32 PM »
Is that a cigar in his left hand?  :D