Author Topic: Love  (Read 2764 times)

Offline Ginanalbri

• Youngling
  • My destiny is to be a Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Love
« on: November 24, 2005, 10:50 PM »
Is love really forbidden for a Jedi? Obi-wan Kenobi say's to Anakin, "I Loved You Anakin" in Episode 3. There is always a loving bound between a padawan and his Master. If that was not so then when the Jedi were getting killed Yoda would not have been feeling sad and heart broken. Qui-Gon was very difient to the Jedi code but he also had a love for another Jedi. So Is love really forbidden for a Jedi?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SRWS
SRWS

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: Love
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 12:04 AM »
Obi-wan had a relationship with another jedi, until she left the order.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 12:33 AM »
^^ Has that been confirmed? ???

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the code forbids the kind of love between a man and a woman. The kind of love Obi-Wan had for Anakin (and probably what all padawans/masters feel towards each other) was brotherly love.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ginanalbri

• Youngling
  • My destiny is to be a Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2005, 07:57 AM »
The kind of love Obi-Wan had for Anakin (and probably what all padawans/masters feel towards each other) was brotherly love.
Yeah but the code forbids all love it never say's what kind, Because when you love  somthing you get attached to it. And Jedi are not suppost to be attached to anything. I think that rule was put in because if someone you love dies, you get angry, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering
SRWS

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 07:59 AM »
since TPM i've been suggesting the jedi order was kinda close to the franciscan order

i suggest reading the Umberto Eco novel "the Name of the rose" to learn more about relationships between master and apprentice in catholic medieval religious order

if i remember correctly there is a part about love and the difference between physical love/passion and love of god and of god's creation/compassion
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Carjup Bejewel

• Youngling
  • The dark side always prevails!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 01:43 PM »
The love between Anakin and Obi-Wan is a different kind of love. The lov that is between them is the brotherhood love. They are like a family. All masters have family affections for their padawans.