Author Topic: Beginning a Darth Vader focus  (Read 22123 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Beginning a Darth Vader focus
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2007, 11:00 PM »
US money, DALE, that Canadian Tire crap.  :-*

= present for John!  :P  :-*  ;D

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2007, 12:27 AM »
Make sure to come see me at C4. I'm cleaning out some stuff as I've been rearranging my bootleg goals since about December. I'll have a handful of cool Vader bootlegs to offer up. ;)

John

I'll see you there John!  :D

BTW I can't get over how SWEET that Canadian Vader is. That things is CHERRY. AFA and flip that bad boy. LOL

John

Gasp!  Heathen!  I've already had it put in my will to be buried with me.  ;)

Offline sithtoys

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2007, 05:21 PM »
Holy that site is great and there was a book published also may have to try and pick that up some how really good reference site.

Sithtoys.com is a great site!  I'm pretty sure the owner's name is Bill McBride.

"Vader - The Ultimate Guide" only skims the surface of Vader items produced, but it's still a great read.

Nice Jesse please let me know any tips you have about a Vader focus as I'm starting to do this abit myself.

The smart thing to do would be to focus on certain sub-lines, not try not to buy everything like I do.  ;)

Howdy All!! I was pointed to this site by another forum member.

www.sithtoys.com is indeed my site, and I am also the same "Bill McBride" featured in the LFL book "Vader : The Ultimate Guide"
I love to see new people coming into the Vader collecting fold!! Trust me, there are more than enough items to go around. I think that is one of the key things that I love about having a Vader focus: there is so *much* out there to collect.
My personal "sub"-focus or rather personal priority list has always been headed by the more rare and unique items. (non-US MOC and MIB pieces, prototypes, displays, etc)
I guess my main bit of advice would be to go for quality over quantity. Anyone can pile up junk and call it a collection, it takes someone with passion and a keen eye to put together a quality collection.

Bill

Offline sithtoys

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2007, 05:24 PM »

Foreign - Darth Vader Toy Museum
(very incomplete list)

Ouch.. :)  The items on my site are not a "list" they are actually pieces I own. Trust me, I am painfully aware of the gaps in my collection, although I am long overdue for an update ;)

Bill
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 05:26 PM by sithtoys »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2007, 03:28 AM »
Howdy All!! I was pointed to this site by another forum member.

www.sithtoys.com is indeed my site, and I am also the same "Bill McBride" featured in the LFL book "Vader : The Ultimate Guide"

Welcome Bill!  It's great to have such a veteran focus collector here. :)

I guess my main bit of advice would be to go for quality over quantity. Anyone can pile up junk and call it a collection, it takes someone with passion and a keen eye to put together a quality collection.

That's a great piece of advice.  Since I started my focus, it's been a lot easier to buy something for $10 than $100, even if I'd much rather have the pricier piece.  I've slowed down on the smaller purchases so that I can use the $$ towards more rewarding higher end pieces. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 5, 2008, 11:50 PM »
I just won a Trilogo Vader on eBay for a pretty nice price.  The card appears to be in great shape, although there is some damage on the top right corner.  Of course, the biggest concern is the bubble, which doesn't seem to be very yellowed, but may be a little dinged up.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #51 on: May 6, 2008, 12:05 AM »
Nice piece Jesse.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 6, 2008, 12:07 AM »
Ohhhhhhhhhh pretty. Nice grab Jesse.  8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 6, 2008, 01:30 PM »
Nifty piece Jesse.  Good thing I didn't see it or you wouldn't have won it.   :-*  That's quite a good price.  As far as the bubble goes, I wouldn't sweat it too much on a trilogo, you're pretty hard pressed to find good bubbles anyway and any trilogo with a good bubble has probably been AFAd. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JedioftheNorth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 6, 2008, 02:10 PM »
Jesse great addition so how many vintage vader's are you up to now?. Also the trilogo vader I have the bubble is alittle dinged but I was told this is pretty common for the trilogo bubbles.

Sweet vader!!!!.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 7, 2008, 01:42 AM »
Yeah, I can't wait to see this for myself to check out that bubble.  Like you guys said, the bubble damage is pretty much expected, so I can live with that, but am optimistic about it.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 6, 2009, 12:55 AM »
It's been a while since I had something to add to this thread, but for me personally, it was worth the wait.

Here's a GDE Darth Vader's TIE Fighter.  It's beat up and obviously no longer sealed, but it'll make a nice display piece with my other Canadian carded figures.

This is my birthday present to me.  8)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #57 on: October 6, 2009, 01:16 AM »
Nice.  I'm assuming you're keeping it boxed, but it would make a nice loose ship for display.

My Vintage Vader's TIE is well played with and I cannot get the electronics to work.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 6, 2009, 02:30 AM »
Good god Jesse, nice addition to the Vader focus. I love the GDE stuff, simply lovely.  8)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 6, 2009, 11:37 AM »
I'll bite - what's GDE?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy