Author Topic: Muppets  (Read 58613 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Muppets
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2003, 07:13 PM »
Are any of you guys interested in the 15 Volume Time Life DVD Set "Best of the Muppet Show"? Im thinking about selling them, and figured if any of my fellow Muppet fans were interested, I'd cut them a deal.

Update: I've added them to my DVD thread in classifieds
« Last Edit: October 14, 2003, 07:50 PM by BigDumbWookiee »
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline whojedi

• Youngling
  • BH-5334
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2003, 09:33 AM »
Adam, YES!!!  I have been thinking about buying that for quite awhile now!!!

I'll shoot you an email!!!

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2003, 03:02 PM »
Jay, are you still interested in the Muppet Show DVDs?

Offline whojedi

• Youngling
  • BH-5334
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2003, 02:15 PM »
Adam, yes I am, sorry, I just got back from Vegas yesterday.  I have some catching up here at work and then I will shoot you and email.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2003, 10:08 AM »
Cool, no problem at all! Thanks for letting me know!

How was Vegas?

Dave Prowse was on X103 yesterday, talking about Save Star Wars? Very cool stuff, congrats to you guys
« Last Edit: November 13, 2003, 10:09 AM by BigDumbWookiee »

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2003, 01:03 PM »
Jay, found a couple more Muppet DVDs that Im going to toss in with the Muppet Show set; just let me know how you want to do this, if you want to meet or just ship them

Offline whojedi

• Youngling
  • BH-5334
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2003, 02:17 PM »
Cool, I might be head to Crawfordsville in the next week or two so we might be able to do it then.

Also, I preordered the next wave at EBGames again, says its supposed to ship next week.  But, I am sure it will get pushed back.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2003, 03:59 PM »
Is anyone else still following/collecting this line?  I, like many others, have been admiring this line from afar for awhile now, but it is tempting to start picking a few figures up (although I am sure my wife would not be a big fan of that :P).  I did see over at OfftheCard.com that there is another playset coming up, the "backstage" playset, which could really be ultra cool.  You can read about it HERE.  It should be under November 14th news I think.  Just out of curiosity, for those of you who collect these....how tough (or expensive) would it be to pick up some of the past figures (for example, Fozzie and/or Rowlf...my two favorites).  Anyways, I really enjoy reading everyone's opinions of these figures, they really look great from what I have seen.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2003, 07:34 AM »
All I want to know is, when is Sweetums coming?  I like the Muppets as much as anyone else, but just can't afford a new line.  I would, however, be the first in line to buy a Sweetums figure.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline jara19

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2003, 04:56 AM »
Sweetus is going to be a 2004 exclusive.  

Wave 9 and 10 look great! :)

Wave9:
- Tux Fozzie with Chucky
- Gozo/Rizzo two pack from MTI
- Lips
- Pops

Wave 10:
- Nurse Piggy
- Doctor Bob
- Sal with Penguin and Cheese
- Uncle Deadly

Playset: Vets Hospital with Nurse Janice

I'm really looking forward to getting Dr. Bob, Pops, Lips, Nurse Piggy and the Vets Hospital. Of course we also have the Backstage w/ Rowlf and Sweetus to look forward to.  :)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2003, 11:12 AM »
Sounds like an awesome line up! I absolutely love this line.

Jay, if you need to get ahold of me, my new email address is aclowe@tds.net

Also, I've heard that the Musicland (Suncoast, Sam Goody, Media Play) exclusive versions of the Vacation Pepe are due out soon; if anyone sees one, could you pick it up for me? Ill gladly cover all your costs.

Got my Holiday Rizzo today! :) Very cool figure, but his hat doesnt fit. My collection is once again complete, except for Industry Giveaways and Ken's Wedding Reception Gift, none of which I plan on collecting.

Cant wait for Series 6, I've been patiently waiting for Statler and Waldorf in normal clothes since the line first got started.

Pigs in Space is due out soon as well, very anxious about that playset.

Palisades is also re-releasing a playset sometime next year, no word on which. I have them all, but wouldnt mind seeing a repainted Electric Mayhem set. It would go well, since we get repaints of all the band members. You could set up two complete bands. If its just a rerelease in updated packaging though, I wont get it. So hopefully they do something very major to update it, or keep it exactly as is. Ill be a little ticked if it has just a new figure, or new accessories. Bleh.

The backstage playset looks fantastic, and HUGE! Glad to see this set, along with Vets Hospital. That pretty much covers all the best environments. I still wish (hope) they could pull their stuff together and make a scale Electric Mayhem bus, but Ive heard that wont happen.

I cant begin to say how excited I am about finally getting Sal Manilla too! He's one of my favorite Muppets. Now we just need to get Bean Bunny, a bigger crew from MTI (We are getting Kermit as Captain Smollet soon), and more supporting characters. I want rat and penguin packs, accessory and scene sets, etc.

While we're on the subject of Palisades, and this doesnt really warrant a new thread, what the hell happened to Urbanimals? Palisades doesnt even recognize their existence now. They said they put them on the back burner, but geesh, theyve even taken away the stuff from the forums. I thought they were pretty freakin cool, and Im not even into Urban or Hip Hop.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2003, 07:37 AM »

Exclusive to a Con or exclusive to a store, ala the Target Kermit?
Common sense isn't so common

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2003, 10:20 AM »

Exclusive to a Con or exclusive to a store, ala the Target Kermit?

They've yet to say.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2003, 11:28 AM »
Do any of you experts on this line have any advice of where I could pick up a few of the past figures (for decent prices)?  Or do these figures get pretty pricey once they are off the shelves?  I really don't know too much about the line in general, but wouldn't mind trying to pick up a Rowlf (my fave as a kid), or maybe a Fozzie as well.  I probably shouldn't even start, because then I'll want them all...really enjoyed the Muppet show as a kid...but I didn't know if there was somewhere online to find these figures reasonably, if ebay was the best option, or if you had any other thoughts.  Thanks for any advice you might have.  Also, one other question, I read a rumor of that Backstage playset coming with a "naked" Rowlf...is there any way to get a figure like that (coming with a playset), without getting the playset?  Anyways, thanks again.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2003, 09:58 PM »
I'm force feeding this line to my wife.  She loves Muppets and I'll turn her into a collector if it's the last thing I do.  She is most definitely an opener.

She has Rizzo and Kermit thus far.  Would like to pick up the convention Bunsen and Beaker and convention animal for her.  Rolf in tuxedo and Gonzo are on the way.  Hoping the tuxedoed old dudes will be at a local collector shop before Christmas.  They told me in the next two weeks, so here's hoping.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.