Author Topic: Muppets  (Read 58594 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Muppets
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2003, 04:39 PM »
Newforce has the Swedish Playset for $25 plus shipping

Swedish Chef  

You have no idea how many times I have almost ordered this badboy...

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2003, 10:10 PM »
That is a heck of a good price on the Kitchen set!

Palisades has done it again! They are releasing another industry only giveaway, a Black Jacket Rizzo figure. They will have a lottery as per usual, on this time, people who've won the lottery before are not allowed to participate.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2003, 08:45 PM »
Ok, having become officially burnt out on trying to get Industry Giveaway figures, I am going to sell my set of Industry Giveaways. These are the first and only three so far, with a fourth (Black Jacket Rizzo) coming to WW East. The figures are all loose, and are Invisible Beaker (totally invisible, not to be confused with Vanishing Cream), Holiday Kermit, and White Tuxedo Rowlf. I havent set a price yet, I just want to know how many people are interested, and what you think would be a fair price. If youre interested, email me at adamclowe@earthlink.net.

Thanks!
Adam

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2003, 08:47 PM »
Also in the news, the Muppet figures, starting with Series 4, are going to be available for sale at Target! Expect them soon, when Target begins "reseting" their toy sections! They will also be getting an exclusive Kermit Koozebane Reporter figure! :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2003, 01:34 PM »
In an omnipresent effort to get my wife collecting action figures, I ask the following:

Are there any muppet figures warming the pegs around you?  I'm looking for the following figures:

Kermit
Animal
Gonzo
Rizzo
Statler and Waldorf.  I know these guys are coming in a future release, but is there a set of them already out at a reasonable price?  I recall them being a convention exclusive too, but that would be too much dinero for this purpose.  

Thanks. ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2003, 09:05 PM »
No Statler and Waldorf sets available yet, they will be available as single figures in Series 5 I believe, or possibly 6. There will be an exclusive Vaudeville style two pack available at Wizard World Chicago, for about 20 bucks. Collectors Club members are also allowed to order them. If you are still interested, contact me on or around Wizard World Chicago, and I will order you one when I order mine.

As for the others:

Kermit: Havent seen any in ages, keep your eye on Electronics Boutique or Toys R Us for the old exclusive Tux version which could possibly be around. Or hold out for less than a month, and Target will get an exclusive Koozebane Kermit, with a newsman styled Kermit in trenchcoat w/ mic, and a display base featuring Koozebanians and Murdelumps (sp?)

Animal: Can only get him in the Electric Mayhem set, or you can buy the convention tour edition that is sold at most conventions Palisades attends. You can buy it through the Collectors Club if you want to join ($50 life time membership)

Gonzo: Two were available, standard retail version and Electronics Boutique exclusive. Might still be available at ebworld.com

Rizzo: Just now shipping. Should show up in stores soon; Target will be carrying Muppet figures starting at Series 4 which includes Rizzo. Should be available at Target in a bit less than a month when they do the Toy Dept. resets. He's shipping to stores like Suncoast, Media Play, Sam Goody, and Electronics Boutique right now.

Hope that helps! :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2003, 12:20 AM »
Thanks Adam.  I'll let you know about Statler and Waldorf.  Series six for the regular versions I believe.  

Kermit is online ebay-wise pretty cheap.  Probably score there unless chuckles finds one in his travels.  

Animal is available at ebworld for $24.99 but that's a bit steep methinks.

There is indeed a gonzo available online ;D

Rizzo, if current, piece of cake really.  

Up here in Canuckada, only collector stores, EB and TRU carried them.  TRU dumped them after a single line, EB up here has stopped carrying toys and that leaves only collector stores.   ::)  Oh well.  Guess you gotta do what you gotta do.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline whojedi

• Youngling
  • BH-5334
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2003, 06:30 PM »
If it is the Kermit with the Tux that was the TRU exclusive, I have an extra one if you are interested.  Just been sitting on my shelf for quite a while.  Shoot me and email at whojedi@indyknights.com if you want it at cost.

Adam, just got my Tux Beaker and Bunsen sets yesterday and they are sweet!!!

I think I am going along with you that I am going to stop collecting the industry giveaways.  I will probably keep the ones I have, but no more.  Unless I can win another lottery.   ;D

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2003, 10:34 PM »
Yeah, the OCD in my started jumping for joy when even Palisades said the Industry Giveaways and Wedding Set weren't considered part of a "complete set".

Just got a confirmation that my Rizzo repaint shipped from EB. I cancelled the orders for everything else when I found out Target would be carrying Series 4 and up. Now I can save some serious cash! :)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2003, 07:17 AM »
I don't collect this line, but here's some pics of series 6's Statler and Waldorf

And I'm still waiting for a Sweetums figure  >:(
Common sense isn't so common

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2003, 09:29 AM »
Oh I have to get those two figures!!  Those are the nicknames that my hubby and I have for one another.  

Adam, what club do you have to belong to in order to order the special Statler and Waldorf at Wizard World?  and when is series six going to be released??
Beth

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2003, 10:55 AM »
Check out Palisades Collectors Club details:

Pretty attractive for a $50 LIFETIME membership. Take note though, this doesn't apply to retail exclusives, but it does make it that much easier for fans to get show exclusives. Tempting, to say the least.
Post sober.

Offline whojedi

• Youngling
  • BH-5334
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2003, 11:05 AM »
Yeah, the Palisades Collectors Club is the way to go.  You can get up to two of each convention exclusive figure through the website.  I have saved so much money by doing that.  The Statler and Waldorf exclusives are not up for purchase yet and neither is the Culinary Catastophe (sp?) Chef that will be the SDCC Exclusive.  The most current one you can buy is the Bunsen and Beaker Tux 2-pack.

Go to http://www.palisadestoys.com/ to register.  Well worth it.  Plus, everyone that works there is very cool.  I have done a number of trades with them and they are great to work with.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Muppets figures
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2003, 12:58 PM »
Anyone here still collecting this line, or are we all mostly just admiring it at this point still?  I'm heading down to the Comic Con tonight, and could look into trying to pick up the couple exclusive Muppets figures there for anyone who might be interested.  They were some form of Animal and the Swedish Chef, I believe...

Just give me a holler if you want 'em!  But do it quick, as I'm departing soon...   :-*

Offline whojedi

• Youngling
  • BH-5334
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2003, 11:40 AM »
Oh yeah, still collecting these.  Thanks for the offer on the con exclusives.  That is the nice thing about Palisades, you don't have to go to the con to get one.

I just got my Muppets displayed, I will take a pic and post in a day or two.