Author Topic: Muppets  (Read 58579 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Muppets
« Reply #60 on: October 5, 2003, 01:36 PM »
Actually there were about 500 Holiday Kermits made, and they were also sold to Fan Club members through a drawing. It was either 50 or 100 sold to Fan Club members...

Hmmm....well, then more of them must have been made....because I got mine directly from Michael Renegar....and he expressly told me 200 made :(

I'm just going by the description from the Fan Club contest.

Who is Michael Renegar?
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 5, 2003, 03:32 PM »
Michael Renegar is the VP of Palisades toys......Michael Horn (President) and Michael Renegar (Vice President) founded Palisade toys. Micheal Renegar hangs out on YoJoe.com.......he's kinda incognito there.......but I found out who he was via doing some trading with him. He helped me acquire a few different things for my collection

I had just got that figure when they did the initial run.......I'm guessing they must have made more due to the demand the club members must have put on them.....so they must have cranked out a few more......no biggie....200 or 500 doesn't matter to me....still a tough figure to locate ;)
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 5, 2003, 04:47 PM »
I expect that is exactly what happened, seeing that there was an enormous uproar when the Holiday Kermy was released. Once again, a big case of "collector entitlement", where a huge group of collectors felt they deserved to get an industry giveaway. I wouldnt be surprised at all if they just beefed up the numbers on it... Oh well!

That's part of the reason I stopped collecting Industry Giveaways. Im not in the toy industry, so why do I deserve it? I lucked out and got Invisible Beaker (first 500 members of the Fan Club), Holiday Kermit and White Tux Rowlf. After Black Jacket Rizzo came out, I said screw it, and sold the others.

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 5, 2003, 05:30 PM »
See man, my thoughts and feelings are the same as yours. I LOVE the Muppets (as anyone who grew up in our time does) and I do love Palisade's attention to detail in the line.......BUT, I don't care for all of thier exclusives.......just way to damn many :(  I'm kinda to the point now where I figure I'll just pass these figs on.......and either cash them in for some $$$ to help in building my toy room....or else turn them into something else I can better appreciate ;)
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Always interested in trading for Clone troopers,Battle Droids and other army builders

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 5, 2003, 06:09 PM »
I could understand when the line was started, and they needed exclusives to boost popularity and gossip/word of mouth, but now they are pretty well established and quite popular. At least they have the club, otherwise I would have stopped collecting some time ago

Offline TopJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Toy Whore!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 5, 2003, 06:13 PM »
Out of curiousity, do you have any of the Palisade's Micronaut items for trade?
Brian AKA TopJedi
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 5, 2003, 10:54 PM »
Nope, sorry

Offline whojedi

• Youngling
  • BH-5334
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 6, 2003, 10:37 AM »
Yeah, I've decided to part with my Holiday Kermie, I really don't like the figure much since it is just a repaint anyway.  I am going to keep my invisible Beaker though.

So, if anyone is interested in a Holiday Kermit MIP, let me know.

You get your Kermie yet Adam?

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 6, 2003, 01:46 PM »
Yes I did! He's awesome.

Any Muppet Series 5 sightings around Indy?

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 8, 2003, 12:51 PM »
Got my Janice repaint figure today, the only one I ordered online. Very cool figure! Cant wait to get the rest of this series.

As such; has anyone seen these? I'd love some help getting them. I need the four regular figures. Gonzo, Peppe, Newsman, regular Janice

Offline DarthWormie

• Youngling
  • Mom always said, don't play ball in the house.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 8, 2003, 02:03 PM »
found them at one of my local Targets about 2 weeks ago and bought only Pepe. I'll be passing on Gonzo (have the first one) and Janice (something about her face just doesn't look right). Muppet Newsman will be my nex purchase.  I've been checking the other 2 in the area periodically, but they still do not have them.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I can't wait for the next series w/Statler and Waldorf and Clifford. I'll pass on Police Fozzie though.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 8, 2003, 05:33 PM »
Ive been waiting ever since the series started to get a standard Statler and Waldorf. I really want a complete balcony for them though

Offline whojedi

• Youngling
  • BH-5334
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 9, 2003, 10:15 AM »
Got all of mine yesterday via FedEx.  They are nice.  I will hit Target in the next day or two to see if they have them for you Adam.

Offline DarthWormie

• Youngling
  • Mom always said, don't play ball in the house.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2003, 01:51 PM »
The Palisades website has pictures of wave 7 up. While I'm disappointed that they're doing another Kermit figure, I am glad to see Robin and Johnny Fiama coming up. The 4th fig in that series is Beauregard the janitor.

I know there's alot of copyright red tape and whatnot, but I would love to see Sesame Street muppets eventually make their way into this line-up.
"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought."

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2003, 02:22 PM »
Wish they could make Fraggles......