Author Topic: Muppets  (Read 58574 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Muppets
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2004, 09:20 AM »
Although this line kind of seems to be winding down now too, they still had (and continue to have) a nice run here.  This was a line I was always interested in, and seeing THIS REVIEW of the new Backstage playset, reminds me of that.  If I had the money and space, it would be nice to have this playset, and fill it with a dozen or so of my favorite Muppets and call it good.  Plus, it comes with the famed nekkid Rowlf, my favorite muppet.  I wish he would be released individually though, so you wouldn't have to pick up the $50 playset to get that figure.  Anyways, nice review and pics at the link above for anyone interested.

Offline C

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 16, 2004, 12:25 PM »
anyone nab a sweetums yet? i'm still debating on the $40 tab... by all accounts it looks like the  muppet figure to end all muppet figures, but damn... $40... the line is winding down, but it looks like the palisades people aren't going down without a fighting chance - series 10 is going to be online only, and they're developing ideas and prototypes for beyond - looks like a line of vet hospital figures. let's hope they come through.

and here's the new ebay exclusive, available now for $20:

that would look nice with my rudolph figs...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #182 on: November 19, 2004, 10:17 PM »
I'd like to pick up Sweetums, but $50 after shipping? Uh uh.

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline alexandertrooper

• Youngling
  • 501st for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 11, 2006, 01:40 AM »
this is a really old topic but my wife loves the muppets so we are starting to track them down so if anyone has some for sale please let us know.  We have a bunch in the mail right now so I'm not sure on who we have yet.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 19, 2011, 09:12 PM »
An old topic, but with the new movie coming up this week this line came to mind again.  Like I mentioned in past posts, it was a line I always wanted to get into, but just couldn't at the various times I guess.  I'm still interested in picking up some of the figures - but just taking a quick look at ebay today/tonight, it looks like many of the figures (particularly the ones I'd want) can get awfully pricey.  Our daughter has been way into the Muppets (watching the old shows/movies on DVD with us) for a couple years now, and is really psyched for the movie.  I was sort of hoping there would be more merchandise out there again (or more specifically, toys).

It is probably the absolutely worst time to be looking at these again with the movie hype driving prices, but I'd still like to pick up a few.  The Muppet Show is really right up there with the things like Star Wars, Indy, Joes, He-Man etc. with that big nostalgia push with me.  If anyone here collected them at one time and is looking to unload some, let me know :).  Anyone planning on checking out the new movie?  We had a coupon from purchasing the original Muppet movie on DVD, so we picked up our tickets today for Wednesday's show.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2011, 05:24 PM »
I was able to get my first (well, aside from Indy Kermit) Palisades Muppets figure with one of my favorites, Fozzie.  I was able to get him for around $15, which I didn't think was too bad.  I've been watching ebay a lot lately for various figures, and some of the prices are outrageous for this line.  I always knew my other favorite, Rowlf, was pricey - but I think he's likely "out of reach" pricey.  I'm just going to try to pick up some of them here and there as the budget allows.  Our daughter really wants a Miss Piggy, and she seems pretty affordable, so she might be next.

Like I said, I did pick up the Indy Kermit when that was available years back, but looking at this Fozzie really shows what a great job Palisades did with this line.  I can't believe how accurate the figure is, not to mention all the neat accessories.  I know the line got plenty of buzz when it was being released, but for some reason I just never jumped on board at the time - but wish I would have.  It is too bad they couldn't bring it back somehow with some of the heat from the movie.  Anyways, not sure how many we'll end up getting since so many of them are quite expensive, but they sure are nice figures.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2011, 07:18 PM »
The only one i ever bought was Indy Kermit but i wish they had gotten to the Fraggle Rock and Muppet Babies figures they had planned. I would have been all over those.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2011, 03:04 AM »
I picked up Indy Kermit also.  I remember how hot this line was and always took a few minutes to check out the insanely detailed playsets they put out.  The quality of the sculpts on the figures was amazing.

I also remember when it crashed and Target was blowing out some of the playsets for really cheap at the end.  I don't know if all the chase figures helped the line any, but they put out some cool ones.

It's hard to believe that a company could have that hot of a line and then go out of business.  That's a perfect example of how hard and expensive a toy line is to create and get to production...something people should understand on certain otheR Sites the next time they bitch about why Hasbro can't make this or that or why belt is upside down on their favorite Clone.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #188 on: December 3, 2011, 11:34 AM »
Anyone else find it odd that they didn't do a big toy push for the movie?  I wonder if the license is still all hosed up in bankruptcy?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 3, 2011, 02:42 PM »
Anyone else find it odd that they didn't do a big toy push for the movie?  I wonder if the license is still all hosed up in bankruptcy?

Yeah, I found that odd as well.  Our daughter has always liked the Muppets from watching the old show on DVD, but is way into it with the new movie, and there is next to nothing out there available.  There are some smaller hand puppets at TRU, and we found some pretty nice plush toys at the Disney store online, but that's about it.  She's enjoyed looking at the pics online of the various Palisades toys, and we're trying to pick up a few of those here and there when affordable, but that line in general is pretty pricey.  Its too bad they couldn't have had a bigger toy line out for this resurgence.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 3, 2011, 04:55 PM »
If you want to see some craaazy prices on eBay, check out some of those Palisades Muppets prototypes. Yikes. I loved that company, sucks that every license they touched pretty much went down the tubes, except for the Aliens/Predator stuff.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy