Author Topic: Red Battle Droids, Padawans, Hoth Han & Mynock Chewie are OUT!  (Read 7913 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Well, after several months of fruitless Saga figure searching, the wife and I poked our noses into a Target store on the way back from having another losing bid on a new house (depressed  :'().  Well, in a mildly redeeming moment:

I hit the motherlode!

Well, the Collection 2 and Deluxe motherlode anyways.  What surprised me was that there were a couple of the brand new RED Battle Droids hanging there on the pegs!  Though I haven't surfed all the store reports around the country, this was the first I've ever seen or heard of these red versions showing up.  Maybe that's not really the case, but it's still a nice score either way!

So on top of that, I also scooped up a couple BLONDE Imperial Officers  :), Barris Offees, a Lama Su and a Yoda w/ Padawan (name?).  Also snagged a couple of each of the new Deluxe sets with Jango and Obi-Wan.  All in all, not a bad haul.  Unfortunately there were no Aaylas though...  But at least my collecting confidence has been renewed for the time being!   8)

Scroll down to see some more great scores from fellow JD members as well.  Time to hit the pavement folks, the new stuff's out!   :D

BTW, I picked up an extra Barriss for you Fish, if you want to throw it in your Arena for $5 (Target's sale is over  :().  LMK, and we'll get together!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2003, 03:19 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Red Battle Droids are OUT! (hit the motherload!)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 03:38 PM »
Good score Matt. Well done & even a couple of Blonde Imperials to boot. Patience pays off in the long run. Must be good timing before the other collectors saw them & scooped them all up.

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2003, 08:46 PM »
Glad the red droids have finally shown up here.  Has anyone else found these yet?  I heard that they've been floating around the Orient for several months now but for some strange reason they didn't make it into any stateside case assortments.  I was starting to wonder if they ever were.  Let the hunt begin!

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2003, 09:57 PM »
Good score Matt. Well done & even a couple of Blonde Imperials to boot. Patience pays off in the long run. Must be good timing before the other collectors saw them & scooped them all up.

Great find Matt!  Thanks for keeping me in mind, I have some stuff for you too - sent you a instant message.

Fish

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2003, 09:59 PM »
I will have to keep my eyes open now.  :o
Targets are here in Indy have been dry for some time now. Hardly anything for their sale last week.

I am guessing this would be wave #12 according to Entertainment Earth; X2 Yoda and Chian, X1 Ashla and Jempa, X1 Lama Su, X2 Barris Offee, X2 Aayla, X1 Padme (Droid Factory), X1 SP4 & JN66 Research Droids, X1 Imp. Officer, and X1 Red Battle Droid.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2003, 10:44 PM »
Nice to know Target still gets new stuff in.  My local store has been terrible for the past 5-6 months.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline aliasjcb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2003, 11:22 PM »
These are all that are left on the pegs at my Wal-Mart, about five or so. Hopefully some new figures will be put out soon.

John

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2003, 03:20 AM »
Wow, that is a great score MAC,

Wish I walked in and could find EITHER of those head variant Imperials, much less the Blonde one that's been harder to get!  

Hey, if you're trading any of those officers, mail me a wants list and I'd see what I could throw your way in trade.

Sorry about the house too.  I wish I could say I can sympathize, but buying a house is so far out of my future I don't even have DREAMS of that happening, much less actual worries.

Hell, just getting my car up-to-snuff for the state is becoming a dreaded issue in my lil world. :D

Great score my friend, gives me hope of finding SOMETHING soon.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2003, 03:42 PM »
Sorry to hear about the house, but what a consolation prize, huh? I just bid on a house and the offer was accepted. Maybe that's why I haven't been able to find anything new.
Post sober.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2003, 11:45 PM »
Great score, friend.  8) My town is still dry, but maybe soon something will roll in.  ::)

Jango Fettish

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2003, 11:31 AM »
Heres my grand slam from this past Thursday..

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2003, 11:48 AM »
Nice score Cory. Those look sweet.   8)

Nayr Treppel

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2003, 02:00 PM »
Nice hull Jango

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2003, 03:06 PM »
Just had to go and one up me there, didn't ya' Cory!   ;)   :P

Nice grab.  Not fair though - you got Aaylas...   :'(

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2003, 01:49 PM »
Not as lucky as you guys buy today at a Super Target here in Indy I picked up X2 Hoth Han, X2 Chewbacca, and X1 Boba Fett.

Now I hope Targets around here get the Yoda & Chian, Padawans, Red Battle Droid wave.

Wal-Marts around here only have the Boba Fett, Mace, R2-D2, Anakin wave with lots and lots of Clone Pilots, Destroyer Droids, and Padme Pilots. I hope they get some stuff in soon.

Happy Hunting!
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com