Author Topic: What figures are hard to find now?  (Read 19390 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: What figures are hard to find now?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2005, 08:24 AM »
This is basically my last day living in Illinois.  Up to now in my area it's been almost impossible (for me) to find a Red Royal Guard and AT-TE Gunner and the Deluxe Vader with Operation Table.  I only saw the Gunship once. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2005, 03:18 PM »
Yes, first it was the ARC-17-, now it's the Gunship.

I said it four months ago and I'll say it again - there are no Vaders to be had for the kiddies.  Big mistake on Hasbro's part.

No movie clones and no Vaders on the pegs!

Inexcusable.

Remind me again who the marketing campaign revolves around??

:-X

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2005, 03:32 PM »
The last couple times I have checked the pegs (for the Tarkin wave), I have noticed something mentioned earlier in this thread....figures that you would have thought would be pegwarmers (or were early on) have all but disappeared at this point, at least here.  I don't think I saw a single figure of any of the following, for the most part anyways:

Anakin
Obi-Wan
Darth Vader
Chewbacca
C-3PO
R2-D2
Padme
Gen. Grievous

Those, along with the usual "sell outs" (Royal Guards, Clones, etc.) have really been tough finds.  I think you could build armies of Bail Organa, SBDs, and some of the background Jedis though (particularly Ki Adi, SaeSee, and Luminara).

Offline LegoFactoryWorker

• Youngling
  • bye guys until 11/29/2005 Just Kiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2005, 07:24 PM »
the red clone, and the clone 3 pack.  41 is plentiful and I have two and now want ten more by my birthday.
bye guys until 11/29/2005 Just Kiding

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2005, 12:03 AM »
It's funny but around here the only Clone that sat besides the Pilot was the Commander.  And he sat for all of a couple weeks before he was gone once again. 

Right now, stores are fairly dry in my area...  TRU took their large display down and where the remainder stuff went I don't know (sold?  In the back?)...

#6 is gone...  #41 I've seen once, never saw it again...  Clone Pilots are even starting to dwindle as general stock is depleting, though they're still easily found (just noticeably less of them).

I haven't seen the Senators wave yet, and really only heard one mention of it from local guys.  Kinda bummed there.

I STILL can't find a Vader Medical Droid.  That's just funny.

Beyond that, Anakin's and Obi-Wan's are almost extinct...   Collection 2 Jedi are sparse, and the selection varies by store.  One store you won't find a Ki-Adi, but they'll have the girls...  Another store you won't find an Aylya, or Luminara, but they have Agen Kolar and Ki Adi...  The only constants I'm noticing are Shaak Ti, Plo Koon, and Saesee Tinn.  All the others are hit and miss, with Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Ki-Adi, and Aylya being the hottest of the Collection 2 Jedi.

Count Dooku's are rarely seen...  Same with 3PO...

Chancellor Palpatine, Mas Ameda, R2's, Mon Mothma, SBD's, and surprisingly to me Chewbacca and Tarful, are all easy to find...  As are the Wookiee Warrior #2 and Neimodian Gunner.

I'm just sorta surprised by a lot of the diversity in what sells and what does not except for the Clones. That I wholely expected...  The popularity of the film is what fueled the popularity of the line, coupled with an actually impressively made toy line that didn't feel "cheap" (from the packaging to the figures).  This has been a fun line to watch, at least in its earliest forms.

I'm curious to see how the line's carried forward now.  If they think they've hooked enough lifers to keep the current "trend" the norm, or if Hasbro's going to readily go back to a collector focus...  Should be interesting to watch.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2005, 10:36 AM »
The thing that I'm finding really entertaining is that the popular figures before the film was released are now, by and large, the pegwarmers, and vice versa.  Sure, there are exceptions to this (the continuing nonexistence of Darth Vader, the Red Royal Guard, and the basic Clones), but even figures I would have thought would remain popular like the Clone Commander have started to warm the pegs.

Before the movie I saw oceans of Threepios, R2s, Padmes, Grievii, and Maces.  Figures from 29-40 were nonexistent.

I went into a WM the other day and those figures I mentioned above were nonexistent, but they had plenty of figures 29-40 (with the exception of the AT-TE Gunner).  A mom was there with her two kids and one wanted Threepio and the other wanted R2.  The mother told me that they had to dig for ten minutes to find the lone Threepio at the back of a peg, and I went to the other "hidden" area (where WM shoved a bunch of figures they didn't feel like stocking) to see if I could find an R2 for the kid and I didn't see a single one.  The kid ended up getting the GH Dooku/Anakin two pack, but the lack of an R2 was kind of interesting I thought.  And the simple fact that a pregnant action figure is one of the more popular figures is something I find really funny.  :)

The only thing I regret about the 35 Palpatine being so widely available (read: warming pegs) is that they will now probably never do an accurate version holding his own saber instead of Vader's.   :'(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2005, 09:15 AM »
After checking the Targets and Wal-Marts in town this weekend, it was a lot of the same product from store to store.  Surprisingly, the majority of stores haven't cut down their ROTS section yet, as I've heard happening elsewhere.  Our closest Target actually expanded the basic figure section, getting rid of some of the miscellaneous stuff and just filling the whole section with basic figures.  Nothing past #44 anywhere in town though.  Honestly that #41-44 wave is just clogging up the pegs all over the place now.  Not the Clonetroopers, of course, although I did see at least 6-8 of them this weekend as well.  I'd say the biggest pegwarmers in town here are the following:

Neimodian Warrior
Clone Pilot
Super Battle Droid
Misc. "Background" Jedi
Bail Organa
Polis Massan
Mas Amedda
Tarfful

There are a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting, but honestly the biggest pegwarmers here now are from the later waves.  Although one Target has apparently put out some older cases, and did have some Obi-Wans, Anakins, Yodas, and Chewies on the pegs, that is the only place I've seen them in town...and the first time in a long time around here surprisingly.  Once the movie was actually in theatres, those types of figures dried up.  I'd say that they are among the toughest to find, along with:

#45 on up - Haven't shown up yet as far as I know
#6 Clone - Didn't see a single one in town, but saw 6-8 #41 Clones...weird.
#41 Clone - Although I saw some this weekend, and last week, they do still seem to sell...and I don't see them all that often.
Red Royal Guard - Still haven't seen one at retail, aside from one at Shopko for $9.
Blue Royal Guard - Saw them opening day, and not really since.
Darth Vader - Every so often, but rarely on the pegs anymore.
General Grievous - Basic or Deluxe, both seem to be selling.  I've seen him here and there, but again, not often.
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Before Target put out (or received) and older case, I don't think there was a single one at TRU, Target, or Wal-Mart...specifically the first version.
Anakin Skywalker - Same as Obi-Wan, really wasn't any in town until Target put some new figures out.  He was everywhere prior to the movie, but really dried up once it came out.
Chewbacca - Used to see him everywhere, but again, has dried up considerably.  Target had a couple this weekend, but otherwise no one else had a single one.
Yoda - I've seen the "spinning" version a couple times, but the first version is all but gone.  Same situation as Obi/Ani/Chewie otherwise.
Padme/3PO/R2 - All three of these are tough finds here, and I don't know that I saw any Padmes or 3POs now that I think of it.

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
What ROTS have you NOT seen on the pegs?
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2005, 07:27 AM »
I've seen all figures minus some of the paint variants e.g., Shocktrooper (pisses me off), new head stripe Commander Bly, "white face" Meena, and until recently (until Black Friday morning at WM) the "Final 5".  Oh, and just last night I found the "metalic visor" Gree...but no new Bly... :-[

Offline OCEAN

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: What ROTS have you NOT seen on the pegs?
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2005, 08:42 AM »
    I haven't seen Tarkin or Ask Aak. The corrected versions of Bly and Gree haven't shown up here either. I'm also having quite a bit of trouble finding the Twins. I was told this morning by a Walmart employee that there is a scalper that is up at the store around 1-2:00 am waiting for them to bring out boxes of figures.
    Hopefully I'll find these figures before the line discontinues.
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2005, 09:22 AM »
A scalper is doing that?  Wow!  Looser!  Seems to me that these won't be THAT hard to find by Christmas...I hope... I think there has been WalMart exclusives that were hard to find but I don't remember what the were... ???

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2005, 09:59 PM »
I think there has been WalMart exclusives that were hard to find but I don't remember what the were... ???

The Trash Compactor sets. I saw them once and was glad I picked up a set.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2005, 10:01 PM »
Damn straight.  That is the only exclusive I do not have.  I saw them once over xmas when I was driving through Tampa.  I told myself that they would sit and they did not.  I cannot even remember what they look like now. :'(
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2005, 05:15 AM »
There's a lot of ROTS that's not common on the pegs, and there's quite a bit that never was.  Some of it was here in abundance at one point but the line just sold so well it moved fast.

A lot of the 4/2 release items sat for the longest time...  Things like Chewbacca, Tarfful, Col. 2 Jedi, Col. 1 characters like Obi/Ani/Yoda...  Then the film came and those are all but gone.  I saw a brief resurgence of Chewie but he's gone now too (I'm holding one for a guy I know wants it for his son).

Figures like Mustafar Duel Ani/Obi have sold well and I haven't seen either now for a while.  the other Ani and Obi sold somewhat ok, though Obi (the kicking one) is fairly common here now.  Anakin still moves.

Pittsburgh is, as far as I know now, literally out of Lava Anakins.  A buddy got me the last one at his Target, thankfully, because I waited on those but then all of a sudden Anakin sold out...  Obi's are usually 2 or 3 at a store and that's it.  I never would have thought those would have moved.

Clone Commanders come and go...  All 3 paintjobs sell out, and I can't say they've sat at all.  I'm surprised considering how often I'd seen them at stores over the last 2 months or so, but then these same stores I'd visit a week later, or even just a couple days, and what I saw wasn't there any longer.

Clones (#6) are non-existant...  I never saw a Shocktrooper on pegs, not once, and that pisses me off.  I'd have built a hefty army but instead I'm settling for a squad.  Black Pilots barely surfaced here as well however I did find one here, or one there...  Never more than one though at any point.

SA Clones are also drying up around here as I figured they would.  Heavy shipping over the last few months filled the pegs but now I see at most 6, usually less though, at any given store.  AT-RT Drivers and Clone Pilots are the same, and are becoming more scarce.

Any of the final 12 are scarce, though I'd say Wookiee Commando and Gree are semi-easier to find.  I see them regularly, but not in abundance.  Just a random couple hanging around here and there.  All the others though are pretty much a pain to find anywhere, and of course the Wookiee Gunner, 501st, and Holo figures are the biggest pains to find out of any of them.

Short of TRU I don't see the Collection 2 Jedi much at all...  Agen Kolar, Ki-Adi Mundi, and Plo Koon have become 3 fairly hot figures actually.  Tack onto that C-3PO, Count Dooku, and Padme as well which I haven't seen any of those save for a 3PO that surfaced at KM during Black Friday.

In Pittsburgh the Polis Massaan and Med Droid were never all that common either.

The pegwarmers here are the usual suspects once again it seems, with Palpatines, Bail's, Neimoidians and the like being easy to find...

ROTS has been such a weird line though where one week something's impossible to find, next week it's not, then a week after that it's impossible to find again.  There's some stuff that's definitely been a pain for the majority around the country though, like the Shocktroopers, "final 5", and such...  The rest seems to be very regional as to what was hard to find and what wasn't.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 1, 2005, 07:39 AM »
In short, I've never seen the final 5. I'd like a 501st eventually, but I'm not sweating any of them.

With most everything else, I've been surprised to find them several times over.  We're getting a decent rebound of Tarkins, both in the TRU value-packs and in the Twins case at Wal-mart. Grees and Blys keep coming around too.   Of course the red shocktroopers seem like a one shot now, so I'm glad I found one.

What I can't believe is how many #41 Clones I can get. I mean, if I wanted more, I could go out and buy literally 2 dozen today. Not that I see them "all the time" at every store, but the Target closest to me has had them on the pegs for many, many weeks now. I'm not gonna say "pegwarmer", because they'll be gone with the first clearance, but they aren't what I would call in short supply.

I went to one Wal-mart on Tuesday, this one's kind of in the boonies in between cities, and there were at least 12 there. Many Bly's, many Grees too. I guess there is a great assortment at this place - tons of figures - 3PO, Meena, also #6 clones. I do still see #6 regularly. Again, not at every store, but I know of at least 3 nearby that have them now.

Would anyone have thought we'd see this many quality clones available for such a long period of time?  Compare this with Saga. You'd get a clone pilot once in a while, and usually the red clones were gone too, and the quality doesn't even compare.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: December 1, 2005, 08:57 PM »
In my area with Saga we had TONS of Clones available in both Pilot and Red form...  Just tons, and when they went away they resurfaced at KB for clearance prices.  At that point the pilots actually moved better than the red troopers which was funny.

Personally, one I'm seeing less and less is the AT-RT Driver now.  I see #41 more than that even...  I haven't seen a #6 Clone since the SHocktroopers started to ship and show up places...  I'm really surprised, but I just haven't seen any for months.  The SA Clone I'm happy I can buy if I want him but I know if I need some I gotta **** or get off the pot because I doubt they're gonna be here forever...

Neimoidians I'm hoping to build a very nice army with though come Target Clearance time.  ;D