Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 126876 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- Updated 12/16- Alliance-era Wes Ratel
« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2005, 04:27 PM »
I know what it's like trying to find alien heads for customs. I've been collecting for over 10 years now and still have trouble finding the heads I need.

You know what might be really cool as part of the mercenary/terrorist group? A Wookiee.

:P
Wookie, eh? That's a cool idea, but I'm not sure how I would carry that out. Any input, since it was your idea?

A really excellent batch of new customs.  Your choice of paints and accessories are always great.  Your troops have a very original, very fresh look to them.  Rather than just putting a few stripes of color on a white trooper, you have really come up with a totally new way of making these characters.  They are instantly recognizable as your style and your universe.  Bravo.

Wow. Do you really think so? Thanks alot man, I really like the response that I've been receiving lately. Here are a couple more customs to add before Christmas. I'm probably going to get alot of money/SW stuff then, and my customizing will probably get a little boost from it.

First up, we have Wes Ratel in some fatigues as a Yavin Guard. When Wes first enlisted in the Alliance, he was placed on the Rebel Base on Yavin 4 to guard the temple facility.

Second, here is Chris Locklear after he joined the Alliance and was, per request, assigned to Wes' squad. When his former RRT told him their plan to kill Wes on Order 66, he pretended to go along with it. He knew in his heart that he couldn't kill him. He was the only close to a friend, and they had many previous experiences with him on Kashyykk. He confided to Wes their plan and he concocted a counter-attack. He counted the number of squad members and one round in his rifle for each squad member for the attck, carefully inserting a blank round and remembering what round it was. When they attacked he made sure he shot them in the right order, and Locklear feigned being shot when the blank round was fired so the team wouldn't suspect anything.

Third, and last, is the final member in Wes' team on Endor. His name is Gutra Vanday, a former Neimoidian mercenary that had joined the Rebels after the Empire had foiled one of his smuggling operations. An excellent marksman, he carries a high-powered rifle. He is also the one who will carry the compact but effecient communications hardware that keeps in contact with the nearest Blockade Runner.

Here are some pics of them together:

Well, I hope you like them. I'm really starting to like the Yavin gear Wes and the Neimoidian. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking, and have a nice weekend.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
good,very good.I love your use of parts and weapons.Gives them a sence of real soldiers.(in this case guards).

Keep up the good work,
Joe
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 06:59 PM by NoMercyJoe »
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Very cool update - I always really enjoy when I come in here and see you have added to your thread.  Your pace of customizing and the quality is awesome.

Wes Ratel - I like the outfit here, and the head is a good match.  Yavin gear?  Pretty cool.  If you can, I think that some sort of Rebel Fleet Trooper type helmet woud be a great touch, especially if painted to match his outfit.

Chris Locklear - I like the backstory, and he really has the undercover trooper look to him.  Good job here.

Gutra Vanday - The best of the bunch I think, I love the fact that he's not a human, and has the head communications gear.  Cool to see this species in more of a hardcore role too.  I'm interested to see what he does in your series.

As for the Wookiee idea, I think that maybe the new Heavy Gunner Wookiee w/ his loincloth painted dark would be a good look, maybe with extra weapons?  Up to you though of course.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
good,very good.I love your use of parts and weapons.Gives them a sence of real soldiers.(in this case guards).

Keep up the good work,
Joe

Probably my best and favorite source of fodder is the BBi figures. I try to weather them accurately and I'm glad they still have a SW look. For example, Wes Ratel in Yavin gear is completely BBi. No SW at all. Thanks for your comments.

Very cool update - I always really enjoy when I come in here and see you have added to your thread.  Your pace of customizing and the quality is awesome.

Wes Ratel - I like the outfit here, and the head is a good match.  Yavin gear?  Pretty cool.  If you can, I think that some sort of Rebel Fleet Trooper type helmet woud be a great touch, especially if painted to match his outfit.

Chris Locklear - I like the backstory, and he really has the undercover trooper look to him.  Good job here.

Gutra Vanday - The best of the bunch I think, I love the fact that he's not a human, and has the head communications gear.  Cool to see this species in more of a hardcore role too.  I'm interested to see what he does in your series.

As for the Wookiee idea, I think that maybe the new Heavy Gunner Wookiee w/ his loincloth painted dark would be a good look, maybe with extra weapons?  Up to you though of course.

I don't spend alot of time on my customs mainly because I'm very indecisive. I try not to look at it too long because then I'll change one thing and then a chain reaction will start. Then I'll end up with a custom that was nowhere near what I wanted it to look like.

Wes Ratel in Yavin gear is completely BBi. As for the helmet, I don't have a Fleet Trooper one, but I'm working on the USMC helmet that came with the figure. I'm thinking of added a soft goods neck covering and maybe some goggles.

For Locklear, I just wanted one of Wes' friends to somehow make it into the Alliance. Not a big custom or a lot of work.

As for Vanday, he's my favorite too. I like the look of his headgear and his body fits well with him. There weren't any Neimoidians in the OT, and I wanted one to make an appearance.

That's what I was thinking for the Wookie. I might try to make a headset or helmet for him and make some weapons.

For my series, I have a pretty good idea on where the story will go. If anyone wants to know or help with it I'll give you credit for the idea/help. Just PM me and I'll tell you. I'm open to suggestions, as usual, and they all are appreciated. Thanks for your comments everyone.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Here's another Rebel trooper for this month. His name is Avier Tursad and is another close friend. During the Clone Wars he and Wes were mercenaries under Zorridor Slayke and his Sons and Daughters of Freedom. Presumed KIA in the battle of Praesitlyn, when Wes and Avier were reunited unexpectedly, they both were first sent to Yavin to guard the temple. Taking a more comfortable and lighter uniform, he is an excellent fighter and has very good survival skills. I'm starting to out some editing into my pics, just taking out what I want and putting in a black border. LMK if they look better.

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking, and have a nice evening.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- 12/19- Avier Tursad, Yavin Guard
« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2005, 02:28 PM »
I like that one quite a bit, what are those, pilot Obi Wan legs?  Looks like a good mix of parts.  Cool that he has one glove on... One thing I noticed is under his left hand in this pic, it looks like part of the sleeve might need a bit more paint -

The black border looks cool, kind of gives them their own distinguished look.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 20, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Well, the whole body is Obi pilot. The Jedi skirt is cut off. Oops! Didn't see that. I'll reapint. Thanks for noticing. He was going to have a human hand but he couldn't hold the gun right. So the gloved hands that everyone has been seeing on my customs are Neimoidian hands painted black. Thanks for your comments.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2005, 04:16 PM »
I didn't realize the whole body was the Obi Wan.  Good job with the painting and the accessories to disguise it.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 22, 2005, 11:54 AM »
Thanks, CHEWIE. I was going to keep the skirt but I thought he looked too much like a Jedi.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Claus' Customs
« Reply #159 on: December 22, 2005, 04:10 PM »
Well, here's some More and more Rebel troops!

First off we have Mace Fusca, a Rebel officer on Yavin. He chose a plain black jumpsuit instead of the main uniforms of the other officers because, well, because I think he looks like a badass. He also has a ripped, torn, and dirty trench coat that has seen him through many a hard fight.

And then we have Riekas Tiegad, another one of Wes' Yavin buddies. The torso is from a BBi fig and the legs are from a Clone Pilot. I'm not sure I like the boots though, I might switch them out with Pilot Obi legs.

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking, and have a Happy Holiday.

just for fun....

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Darth Claus' Customs-*UPDATE* December 22, 2005
« Reply #160 on: December 22, 2005, 07:57 PM »
NIce bunch of rebels dude, ur customs look alot less shiney have u switched to accryilic and sealer or have u just added dull cote just wondering these guys are awsome where do u get such diverse head sculpts?

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 22, 2005, 09:04 PM »
Yeah, I switched to Tamiya like you suggested, and, man did it make a difference. Still, if I have a patch that looks a little shiny, and dab a little nail polish remover on it and let it dry. Most of my heads are from the BBi figs. They're real detailed, and the peg hole can be made for almost every SW fig body. All you really need is a standard size drill bit. Thanks for your comments.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #162 on: December 22, 2005, 09:34 PM »
nice glad u took my advice i just love tamiya good paints, sometimes u find it a little on the thin side even after stiring like crazy i let it sit out over 5-6 hours it really thickens it to a normal paint not so watery.

I may just have to get some BBI figs those sculpts are great.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 24, 2005, 03:19 PM »
Well, I took apart an Evo Vader for his awesome softgoods and body, and also cause I really had no use for him.

Here's Mace Fusca with Vader's cape:

Also, I really don't have a backstory for this one, can anyone help?

Here's Vader's vest on Avier:

I said I was done with the 305th, but I just threw this together because I thought it was really cool looking and it builds up his character in some way. One of the main reasons Avier is friends with Wes is because he served under him in the Clone Wars. Developing a strong bond with Wes, Avier was mostly behind all the executive decisions. It was actually Wes that influenced Command to go against Lister and was supported by Avier.

On a side note, don't you hate it when you lose a custom? I can't find Wes anywhere. It's driving me insane! Now I gotta buy two new BBi figs and all. It's just 10 plus bucks, but it just burns me up.

Well, I hope you like them. That'll be it for a little while. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking, and have a very merry Christmas.

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Claus' Customs-*UPDATE* December 24, 2005
« Reply #164 on: December 24, 2005, 09:24 PM »
Yea I hate when I lose a custom.(or when a parent is "stragiteneing" up for a holiday.My mother Put almost EVERYTHING she though I wasn't using (3 or 4 WIP's) in a giant bag       WEll dive,dive,dive.

Back on  track I think your past customs are fantastic.As always.

Really isn't much critisim to say.
Cheers!

- Joe