Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 127991 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- Updated Sunday June 18th, 2006
« Reply #450 on: June 19, 2006, 11:45 AM »
Another fine Clone custom Nirvana.

I'd love to see some non-military civilian customs from you, using soft goods.

:)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: June 19, 2006, 03:59 PM »
I was 31 when my grandmother passed away last year. Its never easy no matter how old you are. My condolences my man.

BTW are you in the process of making a squad. With the cloor cheme youve got there 3 or 4 more of these guys will look good together.

Nice scar BTW. Good detail on that.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 19, 2006, 04:01 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother too, I lost mine when I was 15, and my grandpa when I was 6.  It's never easy, like Ennis said.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- Updated Tuesday June 20th, 2006
« Reply #453 on: June 20, 2006, 02:52 PM »
Thanks for all the condolences guys. It's been hard.

I just did this one this morning just as a fun custom- nothing complex, just a kitbash and a repaint.

Shortly after the new instatement of the Galactic Empire, Imperial military officials began developing armor and troop styles for the new Imperial Army. One of their prototype armor desigs was that of a Scout Trooper, but it was scrapped and replaced with the armor that was used most recognizably at the Battle of Endor. But, shortly after the Battle of Yavin and after the Alliance came into view as a major threat, the design was revisited and formed into Imperial Special Operations Troopers. Their most well-known conflict was boarding and capturing a Mon Calamari diplomatic cruiser that was carrying Rebel equipment. The captain and crew were neutralized and the ship scrapped.

Corporal Aatoft (Imperial Designation BI-852)

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 02:53 PM by Darth Nirvana »
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 20, 2006, 03:55 PM »
I like this guy (especially the headwrap), but I think his design looks more like a thug or terrorist on Coruscant.  He could still pass off an Imperial, but I think he has the rogue look to him.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 21, 2006, 05:33 PM »
I might go back and redo him as an "Imperial Boarding Trooper" v.2, what do you all think?

I picked up some new BBi Elite Force figs at TRU last night, and I was planning on using the bare arms version as a Tatooine rebel. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the comments CHEWIE.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- Updated Thursday June 22, 2006
« Reply #456 on: June 22, 2006, 01:09 PM »
As I said in my earlier post, I picked up a BBi Spec Forces Marine (as well as some others for gear and such) and just made this as a skill building custom- nothing fancy, just practicing with paint and different styles of weathering. I think it came out pretty nice.

After the Empire experienced failure with the Stormtrooper armor on arid and sandy environments (One such example was Tattoine- sand and grit destroyed the suit's mechanisms), they developed a series of combat-ready fatigues that were practical, effective, and easy to maintain. Slated for a early debut, the project was scrapped after they needed the funds to rebuild the second Death Star. Here is the prototype uniform after a test cycle on Tattooine with the 79th Garrision.

Gunnery Sargeant Fenn Ocheron (Imperial Desgination Number JU-0616)

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

Offline VF/501

• Youngling
  • From the water we're born, and in the fire we die
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- Updated Thursday June 22nd, 2006
« Reply #457 on: June 22, 2006, 05:19 PM »
Kinda earthy if you ask me.

Try using the Veers chest plate with added pouches and a snowtrooper style helmet to give it a star wars feel, by snowtrooper  I mean with the face cloth- to keep the sand out of his mouth and nose like arabs (beudouines) use.

Also the hand radoi should be replaced with a comlink or a helmet mounted headset.

other then the earthly nitpick it is quite impressive and would make either a good rebel or guerilla fighter here on earth or in something like Aliens or Doom.
Palpatine:Lord Vader
Vader:Master, my suit chafes
Palps:Do you use Darkside
Vader:Yes master
Palps:In time you will learn the true power of the darkside
Vader:Which is
To stop chafing in clothes

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- Updated Saturday June 24, 2006
« Reply #458 on: June 24, 2006, 01:56 PM »
Well, I redid him a little bit...swapped out the legs for something mor SW-ish, and changed the headsculpt around. Dirtied up the arms a bit, and swapped out the belt for a webbing belt.

Gunnery Sargeant Delmon Aljek (Designation Number FR-264)- 79th Mos Vaspi Garrision

Head, Torso, Arms- BBi Afghan Spec Forces
Belt- BBi WW2 Paratrooper
Helmet- SAGA2 Veers
Upper legs- SAGA2 ATAT Driver
Lower Legs SAGA2 VTSC Biker Scout

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- Updated 6/25- Off Duty Sandtrooper
« Reply #459 on: June 25, 2006, 02:38 PM »
I always wondered what a Stormtrooper (in this case, Sandtrooper) would look like when he was off-duty. Being that I just finished my Imperial Prototype Sandtrooper (see above), I figured I'd do him up in a Tattoine-esque style.

Here is an Imperial Sandtrooper back in the barracks after a long day in the dunes.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 25, 2006, 06:52 PM »
this is another great custom, but he doesn't look very Imperial to me.  Just looks like a bad-ass fringe character of some kind.  Maybe it's because he's so dirty.  As great a painter you are, I still think you have slight tendency to "over" weather some of your characters.  If this guy's an Imperial, I'm sure his sergeant would send his ass to the showers STAT.

Still, it's very well done.  Nice work, I like the softgoods tunic especially. 
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 25, 2006, 11:23 PM »
These guys look cool, but just don't seem very Star Wars like to me.  I'd think they would want to cover up their skin more though with how hot the desert is...  The off duty guy though, looks great.  Except in this case I don't think he needs any weathering at all.  If he's off duty, he ought to take a shower and relax a bit.   ;)

Offline VF/501

• Youngling
  • From the water we're born, and in the fire we die
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 26, 2006, 05:01 AM »
Try using tan for the drie brush instead of gray.  It will give the sandy/dusty look and only do it lightly in places where sand will get caught.  It will lend to the realism of the customs.  The off duty guy should be fine if you tone down the weathering, as nothing on Tatooine stays clean for long.

To make them look more Star Warsy,  Put an Imp decal on the Shirt of the off duty (like the Army Guys that wear thoes Ts that say ARMY) and one some where on the other trooper.  And try adding a little bit of armor on the upper torso to the on duty guy as he is part of the Imp army in a stormie division (sandtroopers are stormies on arid planets).

You don't have to do what I say of course, its entirely up to you as you are the customiser,  as far as the quality, they are well executed and match the rest of your customs.
Palpatine:Lord Vader
Vader:Master, my suit chafes
Palps:Do you use Darkside
Vader:Yes master
Palps:In time you will learn the true power of the darkside
Vader:Which is
To stop chafing in clothes

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- Updated 6/27- Air Drop Commando #3
« Reply #463 on: June 28, 2006, 11:08 PM »
I've been pretty much out of the loop for a while, and I apologize for not replaying to other people's threads...I might later.

Anways, I picked up a lone SA clone at TRU, so I made another ADSC, I'm trying to build up a little squad.

I might update again tomorrow with a mini-dio and my redone OD Sandtrooper...I've been running into continuous setbacks with both (I just about finished my OD Sandie when nail polish remover spilled all over his torso, pretty much ruining the undershirt, and causing me to start over.)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
Re: Nirvana's Customs- Updated 6/27 with Air Drop Commando #3
« Reply #464 on: June 28, 2006, 11:13 PM »
Like the GI Joe mortar shells on the belt. Color look cool too.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link