Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 126890 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-5/8- 2 New Customs
« Reply #615 on: May 13, 2007, 09:37 PM »
Thanks guys. The "Green Wizard" is said to have clone sergeant markings and uniform but has recieved commando training.

Today we have an update to the 972nd Legion Trooper. Upgraded his armor paintjob, added an interchangeable head/helmet, added a Snow Trooper pack, and, even though it's hard to tell, added some mud splatters to his chest plate and shins area.

I'm much more satisfied with him now. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-Updated May 13th
« Reply #616 on: May 13, 2007, 09:49 PM »
where did you find the weapon/s for your customs? they look cool with the figures.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Siths Herald

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sith Happens.
    • View Profile
    • The Minnesota Force
« Reply #617 on: May 14, 2007, 08:53 AM »
I really like the weathering on this last one.  It is not as dark and dirty around the eyes as some of your others.  The extra pouches are a nice touch.  I just finished a 2nd-in-command to Gree where I did the same thing.
The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 14, 2007, 04:41 PM »
good work DN. that scar on the right eye, looks really good. i have a hard time with getting scar to look natural instead of paint slapped across a face, you did an awsome job here. i also like this version of the backpack better. good work, nice update.
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #619 on: May 15, 2007, 08:51 AM »
I really like the weathering on this last one.  It is not as dark and dirty around the eyes as some of your others. 
Must echo this - I dig it when I can see the faces of your customs 8)

That scar came out perfectly!  I love the way it gets bigger below the eye - for some reason, this strikes me as much more realistic than a single line running thru the eye. Nice & gritty - like something attacked him. Very cool!

I also like what you did with the pouches. I love details, and I always appreciate seeing new details that weren't on the original figure. The pouches on both the arm, and on the comm-pack work quite well. Only thing I might suggest is the addition of a strap om the arm for that pouch.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 15, 2007, 03:40 PM »
Yeah The scar really sets this character off! Once again great job! 8)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 15, 2007, 11:10 PM »
The 887th Combat Corps was a standard combat unit under the control of the Grand Army of the Repbulic. They did not find heavy action until the later end of the Clone Wars, where they encountered heavy Seperatist resistance on a forested planet called Kogerlos.

Their armor was denoted with a yellow-gray color and they utilized helmets similiar to that of the 21st Nova Corp's Galactic Marines. They also carried their auxillary gear on chest straps and had a quickdraw holster adhered to their right thigh plate.

Private Anarth (C Squad, F Platoon, D Company, Assault Battalion) was the sniper in his squad. Fiery and serious in combat, he was a completely different when at ease. Light-hearted and witty, he was the funny man of his platoon. He was also given the nickname of "Quickshot" due to his uncanny ability to line up a perfect snipe in less than a second.

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-Updated June 15th
« Reply #622 on: December 1, 2007, 11:13 PM »
As soon as I saw Aeseven7's "Mandalorian Commandos" from a while ago, I've always wanted to have a squad of my own. With all the different Mando fodder out there, it wasn't hard to come up with parts. Well, here goes.

The Esowon is a six-man group of Mandalorian warriors based on Coruscant during the Galactic Civil War. Highly infamous for a number of political assasinations, they were wanted by every counter-crime agency in the upper City and operated right under their noses, adopting the name "Esowon" (Mando for "hide").

Crale Sevanar- the squad's medic who is trained in several methods of first aid on multiple species. That's not to say he's an easy target- he is a formidable foe in battle.
CRALE SEVANAR
Homeworld: Coruscant
Weapon of Choice- dual DH-17 blaster pistols

Caton Koraddo- the squad leader and the only true rifleman of the group. When he was a child, engine clear was sprayed into his eyes leaving him nearly blind. He was outfitted with a special goggle that is directly connected to his brain that outputs a high-defintion picture of the world with added zoom capabilities.
CATON KORRADO
Homeworld: Correlia
Weapon of Choice: K50 Silenced Blaster Rifle

Boone Hornen- the squad's sniper. He carries his rifle when on the move in a case on his back. Calm, collected, and highly sarcastic, he has a unique sense of humor that keeps the squad's spirits high.
BOONE HORNEN
Homeworld: Naboo
Weapon of Choice: A23 High Velocity Blaster Sniper

Stev Doorna- the squad's radioman and heavy gunner. Very gung-ho and rugged, he is virtually fearless and will stick with the squad no matter what.
STEV DOORNA 
Homeworld: Alderaan
Weapon of Choice- MerrSon R46 Heavy Shoulder-Mounted Repeating Blaster

Ranik Hardin- a former Imperial Intelligence operative, he is the squad's scout, often scouting an area/tracking a target before the operation. He is the squad's youngest member and somewhat of a recluse.
RANIK HARDIN
Homeworld: Coruscant
Weapon of Choice: light ComTact G67 Carbine

Vosh Zythor- a former Rebel ace, he is the squad's pilot and engineer. He has doubts about leaving the Rebellion and has a very guilty conscience.
VOSH ZYTHOR
Homeworld: Alderaan
Weapon of Choice: BlasTech E-5 Blaster Carbine

Group Shots:

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
Re: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!
« Reply #623 on: December 2, 2007, 04:42 PM »
dude they r sweet!!!!!!!

imnot sure on the last 3...but the first 3 r awsome
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 3, 2007, 09:28 AM »
Thanks for posting the group shots. Again, you've been really busy since I last checked in and the work is flawless.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 3, 2007, 01:12 PM »
WOW!!  They look spectacular in the group shot.  The only thing I don't like is the arms for your pilot there, I hate seeing the rivets, or whatever they are, on those types of figures.  Not that it's your fault or anything, but it makes you kinda appreciate the job that Hasbro does on they're scuplts, ala Shirtless Anakin W5, despite how much we badmouth at times.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 5, 2008, 10:59 PM »
Thanks guys. Yeah, I really don't like the arms either, but they were the only black bare arms I had because they came with the head. :-[

The 177th Combat Insertion Unit was a unit that specialized in quick insertion and neutralization of an enemy. They were fastroped in off of Gunships all at once, and their main concern, of course, after the mission itself, was to complete the objectives as soon as possible. They had a track record of keeping their assignments under 4 hours.

They became a vital asset to primary assault groups because the large numbers provided a distraction for the 177th to rush in and get the job done. They were attached to so many different legions and had their armor repainted that they eventually just gave up and didn't bother painting their armor anymore.

They were issued an MDC-5, a hybrid of the ARC M5 rifle and the standard infanty DC-15, along with a survival pack, ammunition pouches, and a specialized helmet to protect against concussion in case and insertion goes wrong.

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 6, 2008, 01:11 AM »
I really like this new clone, Nirvana. The pouches look really different and neat, but the helmet and weathering really make the great. The level of detail on the figure is amazing, and the layers of different paint on the shoulders really match your story well... speaking of which, the story/background info was very good. It kept me intrigued about the figure/character, and after I finished reading it, I wanted to make my own to act out my own adventures/battles. Unfortunately, I don't have the skills, time, or money to customize, so I cannot make my own clone trooper like yours. Anyway, keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 6, 2008, 06:37 PM »
It's definately the helmet that makes this guy. I like the scratches and weathering too. The head for CRALE SEVANAR reminds me of those shots of the old Indiana Jones. It must be the scruffy chin.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 9, 2008, 09:14 AM »
I'm liking the combo as well. It's amazing when the parts seem like a natural fit.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."