Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 127256 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- Updated 12/9- Montay Redas, 217th Legion
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2005, 01:37 AM »
I like these a lot... one suggestion on the Jedi, might be to remove the padawan braid, just make him look a bit less like Anakin.  The bloody scar is great on him though.

The conehead Jedi looks nice too!  You did a cool job weathering his face - I would say, maybe weather the rest of his body too?

Now the clone is possibly the coolest custom I've seen you done.  It looks so natural and realistic, doesn't even look like a custom, but a really well done Hasbro figure.  Excellent job and great idea!

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2005, 08:25 AM »
Yeah, I considered lopping it off, I will today. I still don't have paint, but I'm buying some today. I'm probably just going to repaint the 305th grunts because I don't really have enough money to spend to buy all new troops. I'm glad you like the clone, it was probably the easiest custom I've ever done. I put this police vest on him and superglued it down because it didn't look natural the way it sat on him. Then I just added the scar and weathered his legs a little bit. The vest, laptop and the backdrop for the last three customs of mine were from this "World Peacekeepers" set I found at a Family Dollar for 5 bucks or something. It was basically equipment for a SWAT team and three SA police forces, and that's why the 217th is going to be Coruscant's MPs. Thanks for your comments CHEWIE, and to let me use the Badoo Corba in my photonovels.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2005, 09:52 AM »
Okay, here is the leader of the Badoo Corba's Coruscant division (with CHEWIE's permission), Gasda Futes. He is an ill-tempered and hard-working Iktochi, he has cracks and breaks in his traditional horns that hang down on the sides of his head and a long scar running down his face from a skirmish from a local gang. He and his division's cronies will surely give hell to the 217th.

I hope you like him. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Well, here is a Clone Rapid Response Team, the "special ops" divison of the 217th Legion. In Rem gave the idea for it and I built it up. The Rapid Response Team is, in essence, the "best of the best." PFC Chris Locklear and PFC Lister got transferred from the 305th over to Coruscant because of their excellent military records and achievments. Wes Ratel, on account of his gallant and brave actions on Praesitlyn under the command of Zorridor Slayke. (Jedi Trial, Clone Wars novel) There is also the negotiator from the 217th Legion is also in the Rapid Response for his quick thinking and maintaining calm under pressure and intense combat solutions. They work under the cover of dead night, on the bottom levels of Coruscant. Silent and swift, they can crush organized crime like the Badoo Corba from within. Or so they think.
First off: Sgt. Sorz Ares

PFC Chris Locklear, promoted to the rank of Captain

PFC Terbo Lister, promoted to the rank of Sargeant

Commander Wes Ratel

On Assignment

Well, I hope you like them. Please, let me know your thoughts/comments/suggestions, they really do help. Thanks for looking, and GO STEELERS!

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
D_N -

Glad to see you took my idea (in so far as it was really a sub-idea of an idea you already had) and ran with it as you did. Nice work! I like the very dark color scheme you've used here; it looks like a low-contrast camo with the dark green showing in places.

Suggestion:
These guys need helmets of some kind. Even your neighborhood urban SWAT teams wear helmets, so hook your boys up with something! This will also address the night vision/light enhancement need for your team. If they work under cover of darkness, they need to turn the darkness into an advantage with some lenses.

Great work!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
I have three helmets for them, I'm still working on them. I just cant find one for Wes- maybe I'll whip up some goggles or lenses for him. Thanks for your comments.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Here is the fifth and final member of the Rapid Response Team of the 217th. Creon Teoul, longing for the hard combat in his early years, has a seperate set of Jedi/combat robes for his excursions with the team. His robes are jet black, with glossy boots and custom fitted gloves. He carries a small comm/data pad on his belt to keep contact with Montay, his apprentice, and carries a modified to his own standards a DC-17 blaster. (Sorry, Commander_Miseria, but that was too great of an idea to pass up.)He also has a flash/bang detonator attached to his right boot for breaking and entering. Here are the pics. I'm pretty satisfied with how this turned out. Sorry about the blurry pics.

Well, I hope you like him. Thanks for looking, and have a nice evening.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- Updated 12/14- Creon Teoul, RRT, 217th Legion
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2005, 05:43 PM »
Looks like you have a really good squad now to kick some ass.   ;)

The modified blaster is great, and the custom looks cool too.  He's a little dark, but I know that's the look you are probably going for on these.

The accessories are stellar - I really like the data pad.  Very good job.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- Updated 12/14- Creon Teoul, RRT, 217th Legion
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2005, 08:06 PM »
Looks like you have a really good squad now to kick some ass.   ;)

The modified blaster is great, and the custom looks cool too.  He's a little dark, but I know that's the look you are probably going for on these.

The accessories are stellar - I really like the data pad.  Very good job.

Thanks, CHEWIE. I got the idea off Commander_Miseria with my own twist to it. The data pad was actually from the monitor on one of the Gauss Cannon 'Hogs I did back with the 305th. I'm really going with the totally jet-black look except for the faces. Thanks for your comments.
"The 217th Legion is the arm of the Republic, and we are the blade."
That is the motto for the five most elite soldiers, apart from the ARCs and the Republic Commandoes, in the Grand Army. Sorz Ares gave up his negotiating position and had his armor reissued with totally jet black. The only one on the team to utilize a helmet, he is appointed the point man in the squad. I have some group pics of them and some single pics of Sorz.

Well, I hope you like the pics. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking, and have a nice weekend.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- Updated 12/15- Urban Rapid Response Team v 1.1
« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2005, 10:01 PM »
I posted this also in the Custom Challenge thread.

Upon Order 66, the 217th Legion decided Wes Ratel was too much of a danger to the Empire. So his own squad, waiting for the right time, attempted to eliminate him. Being a former Jedi, and Force-sensitve, Wes foresaw the attack and killed them all. Going into exile, and taking one of the 305th ARCs that he flew into Coruscant upon reassignment, he fled to distant planets just like the Jedis Obi-Wan and Yoda. He joined the Alliance once he was convinced they had forgotten about him. He was sent to Endor to help soften up the Imperial defenses before the main Rebel attack and was to support the local Ewok tribes in the wilderness. He and his squad, dressed in dark colors-just like his former sqaud-used guerilla tactics on the Empire. The body is a Power Team Elite body, repainted, softgoods suspenders and web belt, and backpack from Chris Locklear. Here are the pics:

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking, and have a nice weekend.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- Updated 12/16- Alliance-era Wes Ratel
« Reply #145 on: December 17, 2005, 12:02 AM »
You sure do like the underground military look!  Another fine custom however.  I like the cloth goods you added to him.  Did you have to glue them on?

One thing I would suggest, and this is just an idea, is to start making a few aliens mixed in with your customs.  I think it would be cool to see a few Gran, Ishi Tibs, etc. mixed in.

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 17, 2005, 12:23 PM »
As Chewie said, the cloth goods look great.  Good job of dirtying up that melon of his, it looks like he strikes from the shadows.

I like that gun.  It looks like a mix of a MP40 smg (elite force?) and the barrel of a blaster.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 17, 2005, 09:12 PM »
You sure do like the underground military look!  Another fine custom however.  I like the cloth goods you added to him.  Did you have to glue them on?

One thing I would suggest, and this is just an idea, is to start making a few aliens mixed in with your customs.  I think it would be cool to see a few Gran, Ishi Tibs, etc. mixed in.

Well, I really like the military and I wanted to participate in this month's custom challenge. I had to glue the suspenders on at the belt and on his back, and the web belt is glued together in the back.
     I'm actually working on two more Rebel Troops in Wes' squad, and one of them is a Neimoidian. The other one is Locklear. I know I just said that they tried to kill Wes, but Locklear's a different story. I really don't have a large collection. I just started this year and I don't have alot of alien heads. Every one I get I try to use it in a custom. Next alien is probably going to be a Kit Fisto species as a mercenary. Thanks for your comments on Wes, I tried to make him look aged a bit. I might scuplt a beard on him too.

As Chewie said, the cloth goods look great. Good job of dirtying up that melon of his, it looks like he strikes from the shadows.

I like that gun. It looks like a mix of a MP40 smg (elite force?) and the barrel of a blaster.

I try to incorporate soft goods on every custom I use. but some I can't. I tried to get him to look like he was in a jungle for a pretty long time. On the gun, the stock was actually from the Evo sandtrooper with the barrel of a small DC blaster with some piece of plastic that looked like a scope. Thanks for your comments.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 18, 2005, 12:38 PM »
I know what it's like trying to find alien heads for customs.  I've been collecting for over 10  years now and still have trouble finding the heads I need.

You know what might be really cool as part of the mercenary/terrorist group?  A Wookiee.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 19, 2005, 01:52 AM »
A really excellent batch of new customs.  Your choice of paints and accessories are always great.  Your troops have a very original, very fresh look to them.  Rather than just putting a few stripes of color on a white trooper, you have really come up with a totally new way of making these characters.  They are instantly recognizable as your style and your universe.  Bravo.

Sith Lords Are Our Speciality