Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 127262 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
That's a pretty cool clone design. Is that a softgoods leather on his sholders?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
No, the only SG on this fig is the suspenders and sling on his pulse rifle. Here he is retooled a bit. I weathered him just a little, added an external comlink, thermal detonator, and a canteen on his belt. At first I wasn't too fond of this one but it really grew on me.

Rescued!

Oh, here's some better pics of Barker, per request: (Not much better, I know, but the border's gone and the size makes the pics clearer.)

Well, I hope these help. Thanks for looking.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Very cool version of Gree.  I like how you are shifting to some more solid colors like the brown on some of these, with white pieces of armor still showing.  Barker looks like he's been to hell and back!

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Thanks, CHEWIE. I'm considering adding some camo to the gray area, like in the movie, still sitting on the fence. I have about 4 customs ready and done, I'm just too damn lazy to go through my computer's tedious process of getting 'em up here. Thanks for your comments.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
I like the Desert-Gree, I don't think you need to add the camo, although it might be a nice touch.  Gree doesn't have to have the same armor paint scheme on every planet, but it might help people instantly recognize that figure as Gree or a version of Gree.
I like the softgoods suspenders, nice touch.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Thanks. I don't know if I'm gonna do anything with him, I like the way he is. I always try to incorporate SG into my customs. I've just finish Barker in a Sandstorm gear. He has SG leg and hand wrappings, SG kama, SG sling, and an SG turban. Pics soon.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I agree with Gregorbian that Gree looks great just how you have him.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Yeah, I agree too, it's just that some jerks at RS couldn't say anything nice about it so they told me to paint it some more.  >:(

Here we have Zateb Masaarde, a young man recruited by the 194th to guide Gree to Mace's compound.

Here is another LPRV repainted in gray:

Here is another Halo Spartan painted in gray also:

I think this is how the story goes: Commander Gree brought two LPRVs to rescue 7th Squad and carry them back to the LZ where they'll be taken back up to the Coruscant for medical attention. When he loads up the LpRVS he puts guns, ammo, supplies, and cloth in case they need to make a camp on the way. When he rescues them, he puts Zateb, Lieutenat Quasto, and Commander Barker in the gray LPRV. They'll go ahed as an advance scout and runs into a deep ravine. Zateb is killed and a huge sandstorm kicks up. Here's Commander Barker and Rever: (With these, they were actually pretty hard. I wanted to add alot of SG but didn't want 'em to look like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man :))

Well, I hope you like 'em all. LMK what you think, all comments are considered and they really help. I know I kinda just ruined SotR #3, sorry. Thanks for looking.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs-*UPDATE* 1/4- 5 New Customs! **Page 14**
« Reply #203 on: January 4, 2006, 11:27 AM »
You are a customizing machine, and seem to be getting better and better Darth Nirvana.

Zateb Masaarde - That's just cool - he looks almost Russian there.  Very nice custom, I think the Anakin head works well on him.  And the brown armor just looks badass.

LPRV - Antoher cool vehicle repaint - where do you get all these?

Turban Troopers - I think these look really cool, you've really mastered using cloth goods, something I'm scared to try much.

And you did just give a lot away in your next photonovel, but that's ok.   ;)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #204 on: January 4, 2006, 11:43 AM »
Great update!  I really like the use of the softgoods headwraps on those last troopers.  Very clever, I might try that.
I like the "recruited" Masaarde - interesting concept.  Maybe this is the start of non-Jango clones as troopers?  Was Zateb the first non-clone stormtrooper? 
Keep these updates coming, they're great!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 4, 2006, 03:02 PM »
Well, I'm sort of planning on having Masaarde die....but I don't know, I like him more and more. Thanks for your comments.

In fact, here's Zareb in his regular Tatooine garb:

Without Poncho

Well, I hope you like him. It was real simple, the hardest part was cutting the poncho. ;) LMK what you think, your comments really help. Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2006, 03:13 PM by Darth Nirvana »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Nirvana, this is another very good custom.  I personally think his poncho is a bit bulky, I'm sure that was hard to make.  Maybe you could use a string or something to make a belt and make it more secure to his body?  Without the poncho though, the figure looks really nice.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Super cool peasent. I might suggest cutting the strips of fabric a little thinning for the head wrap. That would make the head wrap seem to be more in scale with the head. I really like that poncho. Any plans for a design on it? Somekind of simple zig zag?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Very cool Update!

Your Customs are finallly starting to look a little more like they come from the Star Wars Universe and not SOCOM.

I really like this last Batch, They remind me of the Clone Troopers From the "Cestus Deception". In that novel they desguised themselves to look like a Rebel Group know as Desert Wind.

They would also pass for some Deralict Imperial Garrison Troops, Who've been Cut off from the Empire for year. After the Battle of Endor

Keep it Up,

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
nice set of custom there, i really like the soft goods look of Barker and Rever. aside from the white they look like they could be some rouge scavengers running around on tatooine, very cool.

if your lookinf to avoid the puffy look SG give, try a thinner fabric, or cutting shorter strips, securing them to your sart point and wraping them really tight. this may help cut down on the bulkyness.

great update with some good custom.
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."