Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 128051 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-Updated 5/27- General Xalrich
« Reply #360 on: May 28, 2006, 06:20 PM »
Is that a Rots Tarkin Head under Xalrich's scarf?  ;) Looks good!

Nope! It's a SAGA2 Veers head with a cloth balaclava added.

Thanks for everyone's comments...as a little bit of an update, I changed out the scouts heads for 2 ATAT Driver heads...pics later...

I'm also getting Fomecor sheets either today or tomorrow, so I'll be able to make my diorama of Hihursas City (the base'll be a whole sheet of Fomecor, just an idea of scale).
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-Updated 5/30- ADST Captain, Gunship Two Pilots
« Reply #361 on: May 30, 2006, 03:39 PM »
Well, I managed to find a single clone at a KMart yesterday, so I got to work.

The ADSTs (Halo rip, I know :)), or Air Drop Shock Troopers, were a specialized division of the 367th Legion. Trained for air drops as well as quickly dropping down Gunship fast ropes, these men were essential in an urban combat situation. Outfitted with two DC-15S blasters and a drop pack, these men were the 367th's finest.

Captain Ratay, ADST Captain

I think this is one of my better customs for this series.

When reviewing my storyline, I realized I stated that both pilots of Gunship One were killed in the crash, yet I had them with the others and with different helmets. So, I changed out their heads with ATAT Driver ones, and now they are Gunship Two's pilots.

Gunship Two Pilots, 367th Legion

Well, I hope you like them. I just got some Fomecor as well, so expect Hihursas City up in a couple of days. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 03:41 PM by Darth Nirvana »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 30, 2006, 03:41 PM »
I agree. Captain Ratay is the best of a outstanding series. The only suggestion would be to dirty up the cloth to match the armor.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 30, 2006, 03:49 PM »
Wow, way to go DN!  These are latest three are some of your finest yet!!!

Captain Ratay, ADST Captain - this could be my favorite custom of yours.  This guys just kicks ass, and in my opinion is what Gree should have looked like. Outstanding work!  Maybe dirty up the kama a bit - I would suggest using watered down black paint.  Very watered down.

Gunship Two Pilots, 367th Legion - they fit in well with Ratay, maybe a bit too heavy on weathering but nonetheless they looks great.  Excellent idea using that helmet on the VSTC Scout body.

:)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 30, 2006, 03:57 PM »
DN - Wow.  Great Update.  I think Captain Ratay is one of the best I've seen you make!  I love it.  Your new camera really helps show these off too!

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 30, 2006, 05:13 PM »
That Ratay is just awesome...by far one of your best ever!

And the pilots look cool too...but my only critique is that the heads look a little big. But other than that, excellent job!
Yo is what yo is.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 30, 2006, 06:32 PM »
i'm all over those pilots, they're hardcore.  i may have to steal this away from you  ;)  what backpack did you use on Capt Ratay?  i also like the fact you broke off part of his knee pad, this man has seen some action.  any Jedi general to go along with him?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 30, 2006, 06:53 PM »
Wow!

The Gunship Pilots turned out awsome. Although, I definatly feel they would fit in better durring the Orig. Trillogy era. None of their parts have that prequal look to them. Try slapping a Episode 3  Clone face-plate on them and Walla! istant Prequal Clones.

Here's a Gunship Door Gunner that I made, using a similar idea.
Fritzkrieg

Offline VF/501

• Youngling
  • From the water we're born, and in the fire we die
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 30, 2006, 09:37 PM »
The ADST Captain kicks @$$!!!
For the pilots though I would consider repainting some if not most of the areas white.
For the General. He looks pretty good except for the arms.  They seem to hang down to much.  The way you describe him made him out to be a proud, straight backed, chest out, shoulders up sort of soldier. (Arrogant and Overconfident  ;D).  Other than that little bit of nitpicking all of the customs look good.
Palpatine:Lord Vader
Vader:Master, my suit chafes
Palps:Do you use Darkside
Vader:Yes master
Palps:In time you will learn the true power of the darkside
Vader:Which is
To stop chafing in clothes

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 31, 2006, 06:28 AM »
I agree. Captain Ratay is the best of a outstanding series. The only suggestion would be to dirty up the cloth to match the armor.

Thanks, Phruby, this means alot coming for a person that isn't so hot on clones.

Wow, way to go DN!  These are latest three are some of your finest yet!!!

Captain Ratay, ADST Captain - this could be my favorite custom of yours.  This guys just kicks ass, and in my opinion is what Gree should have looked like. Outstanding work!  Maybe dirty up the kama a bit - I would suggest using watered down black paint.  Very watered down.

Gunship Two Pilots, 367th Legion - they fit in well with Ratay, maybe a bit too heavy on weathering but nonetheless they looks great.  Excellent idea using that helmet on the VSTC Scout body.

:)

I think I will redo the Pilots with less weathering. They are pilots, so I guess they wouldn't be really dirty.

That Ratay is just awesome...by far one of your best ever!

And the pilots look cool too...but my only critique is that the heads look a little big. But other than that, excellent job!

That's one little thing I didn't especially like, the helmet looks a little big, but the more I look at it, the more I like it.

i'm all over those pilots, they're hardcore. i may have to steal this away from you ;) what backpack did you use on Capt Ratay? i also like the fact you broke off part of his knee pad, this man has seen some action. any Jedi general to go along with him?

The pack on Capt. Ratay is from an XD figure with the back post removed and glued onto his back armor.

Wow!

The Gunship Pilots turned out awsome. Although, I definatly feel they would fit in better durring the Orig. Trillogy era. None of their parts have that prequal look to them. Try slapping a Episode 3  Clone face-plate on them and Walla! istant Prequal Clones.

Well, this happens at the very end of the Clone Wars, pretty much at the time Ep 3 was going on. So I suppose they would start to experiment with prototype armor and helmets.

It looks like pretty much everyone wanted the cloth dirty, so I did update him a bit. Maybe pics later, though it's not much of an update.

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #370 on: May 31, 2006, 06:32 AM »
nice customs, i agree the cloth looks not dirty enough

btw it's "voilą" and not walla  ;)
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 31, 2006, 05:37 PM »
I dirtied the cloth up some, it looks better. I've also drawn up and planned Hihursas City, all I have to do is cut the pieces and put it all together. This is gonna be the size of a full sheet of Fomecor and about a foot tall, so needless to say this'll be one of my larger projects. I expect to be done this weekend, maybe sooner.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 31, 2006, 06:11 PM »
Could we have pics of Ratay w/ the new dirtier kama?
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 31, 2006, 06:41 PM »
Another great batch of figs you've got here. You have a great eye for parts, and how to make them flow together. Your stuff is a little to weathered for my tastes, but that doesn't take away from their design. I really like the soft goods touches that youve been doing lately. But the door gunner is my fave of this bunch. Its very simple, and sometimes, at least in my opinion the simplest ones are the best. Now correct me if I'm wrong but did you dremmel the faceplate off and put another one on? If not how exactly did you do that?

Also, do you have an actual Gunship that you are customising to go along with these guys? Or did I miss that?

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #374 on: May 31, 2006, 07:38 PM »
Thats Fritzes Gunner Ennis :-X.

DN good job, I like him, he looks like a heavy duty arc, but there is still too much weathering in my opinion. I'll comment better later, I'm not feeling to well right now