Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 128099 times)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-Updated 5/30- ADST Captain, Gunship Two Pilots
« Reply #375 on: May 31, 2006, 10:49 PM »
Boy am I embarrassed.  :-[ Well, the Commander still looks good anyway. :P

Can we get a good look at his backpack? I cant really tell what it looks like from the pic.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-Updated 6/1- Capt. Ratay- Updated; Clugral Tamble
« Reply #376 on: June 1, 2006, 07:50 PM »
Boy am I embarrassed.  :-[ Well, the Commander still looks good anyway. :P

Can we get a good look at his backpack? I cant really tell what it looks like from the pic.

That's okay man. Thanks for everyone's comments. About the pack...ask and ye shall receive! Look below.

I've run into a bit of trouble with my dio- how in the %#$@ do you cut Fomecor? I used a utility knife but it just tore it apart. I'll have to start over completely, which is really frustrating.

So, instead of working on it, I updated Ratay with a dirtier kama and also added a coil of real rope to his belt.

CAPTAIN RATAY, AIR DROP SHOCK TROOPER, 367th LEGION

Pack Shot

(Notice the rope addition on his belt as well)

'In Action' Shot

In the waning days of the Clone Wars the Senate passed Legislation that stated that all clone expeditions are to be led by a Jedi, Knight or Master. Named the Supervision Act, it was met with mixed feelings by the GAR as well as the Council. When the 367th was shipped out to Hihursas to deal with the illegal goings-on, the Council appointed Jedi Master Clugral Tamble to go with the troopers.

He's just a repaint of my older version of Clugral with cloth straps added.

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2006, 08:03 PM by Darth Nirvana »
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 1, 2006, 08:09 PM »
I really like the color of the Clone. Looks very Mando and give him character. What color or colors did you use for him? Thanks
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 1, 2006, 09:13 PM »
RATAY looks great - the action shot is top notch!

As far as cutting foamcore.  From what I've been told (and experienced) you need a very sharp knife.  The ones with the disposable knock-off blades work very well.  I also don't try to cut it straight through in one shot.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 2, 2006, 07:58 PM »
I used Folk Art 'Dapple Gray' for the shoulder, belt, helmet rebreather, and upper chest. Then, for the thighs and chest armor, I used Apple Barrel 'Country Gray'. Then, just a wash of flat black.

Well, I cut the Fomecor and put most of it together, and I hope that it'll look alot better when I paint it because...well, let's just say it's not some of my best work.

Thanks for everyone's comments.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
It was really fun doing the 305th PNs...I really enjoyed it, so I was thinking today, maybe I should continue along the Kashyyk storyline and have the 367th as a relief force to help the 305th get rid of the AREG (for those of you unfamiliar, search "Tales of the 305th").

It would focus more on woodsland dios that I think I would be better.

Looking for thoughts. 'Disaster on Coruscant'? or 'Tales of the 367th"? Please leave feedback.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
hmm I dunno, if it was coruscant there is only 1 battle soooo.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-Updated 6/4- Imperial Slave Ship Security Guard
« Reply #382 on: June 4, 2006, 03:19 PM »
Yeah, I still haven't decided, I think I'll wait for more suggestions.

The Imperial Slave Ship, the Peculiar Institution, was one of the five Imperial Battleships refitted for slave collection as well as detainment until they were auctioned off on the underlevels of Coruscant. They had relatively light armanents and in the beginning of their use, there was no security onboard, just captain and crew, as well as slave traders. In light of several slave revolts on the ships that led to one's demise, the Imperial Military recruited a battalion of men to serve as guards on the slave quarter levels. 

PETTY OFFICER GARIK SVEL, CHIEF OF SECURITY, PECULIAR INSTITUION

Side View- Imperial Insignia

Side View- Ship Insignia

Parade Rest

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 4, 2006, 04:41 PM »
Good use of parts DN.  I think that this guy might have a little too much weathering, but it still looks nice.  Same goes for the Nemoidian, the weathering even looks like it goes onto his actual eyeballs.

Still good work though, you are really getting good at parts selections and I always enjoy how you use cloth goods.

Nice update DN, and again RATAY is one of the coolest Clone designs I've seen anyone come up with.

:)

Offline glorbes

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Glorbesworld
« Reply #384 on: June 4, 2006, 04:45 PM »
Very cool stuff, man.  The paint application and weathering on these suckers looks fantastic...very realistic.

But ff I may make a suggestion...

I think the fabric you're using looks a little off for this scale.  I applaud the use of it, but I think you'd get better results using leather.  

I use leather considerably on my customs, and I acquire it by shopping for leather jackets at thrift shops.  You can usually snag one for about $15, and it will provide enough material for many many figures (especially at the 3 3/4 scale!).  It works great with adhesives, has no fraying edges, and take primer and paint extremely well.  It also looks smashing when used on action figures because it does not betray the size of fibers, threads, and stitching, and eliminates scale problems that are unique to fabric.  

Just something to think about  :)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 4, 2006, 05:10 PM »
I often check thrift stores for jackets, but I wonder, maybe I can buy a swatch of faux leather or real leather at a fabric store...thanks for the kind comments, glorbes, it means alot coming from you, as well as CHEWIE.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-Updated 6/4-Kel Dor Slave Trader
« Reply #386 on: June 4, 2006, 07:57 PM »
Well, the weathering on the trousers was a little off to me, so I repainted it with a flat black. I also gave Svel a beard as well as a wash around the eyes to get an older and more distinguished look.

I also finished up a Kel Dor slave trader today as well:

« Last Edit: June 4, 2006, 07:58 PM by Darth Nirvana »

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: D_N's Customs-Updated 6/4- Kel Dor Slave Trader
« Reply #387 on: June 4, 2006, 08:10 PM »
Umm The keldor and his little things on the side need to be connected to the mask other wise hes gonna die from O2 inhalation :-X.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-Updated 6/4- Kel Dor Slave Trader
« Reply #388 on: June 4, 2006, 09:31 PM »
Those both look great--the beard looks very cool 8)
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-Updated 6/5- Petty Officer Svel, v.3
« Reply #389 on: June 5, 2006, 08:59 PM »
I was thinking about my color choices for the Security's uniform, and decided that in the days of the Empire a background security officer would just wear simple black and whites, with no weathering.

The second run clones that were not decommisioned in the Imperial takeover suddenly began to suffer from rapid degeneration, suddenly losing eyesight, hair, and physique. Thus, many were transfered to low-level jobs in the Imperial Military, such as, security officer on the slave ship Peculiar Institution.