Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 127860 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 10/26- 4 New Customs
« Reply #540 on: October 26, 2006, 05:11 PM »
Well, I haven't had an update in a while, and school has consumed most of my time during the week and on weekends, but I have four new customs to show everyone.

IMPERIAL INQUISITOR- A while back Gregorbian posted a 12 inch custom of his, and I wanted to do a 3 3/4 inch version of him.

YURBACCA, WOOKIE TRAVELER- Simple custom repaint/outfit of RotS "Final 12" Wookie for Yakface's Yakfinities Challenge.

JEDI MASTER ARDEN GOARD, ORDER 66 FUGITIVE- Rather simple repaint of Pilot Obi Wan. I didn't have an extra lightsaber, so I had to give him Obi Wan's.

SARGEANT RETALID, IMPERIAL TRAINING OFFICER- Head of the Imperial Academy's field training division, Sgt. Retalid is a former ARC Trooper with heavy experience in ground-based combat.

Well, I hope you all like them. LMK what you think, all comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking.

EDIT- I was downloading some avatars and had it set to 100x100 pixels as max upload size... ::)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 09:57 PM by Darth Nirvana »
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: October 26, 2006, 05:20 PM »
Er... the pics are a bit too small  :).

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: October 26, 2006, 09:57 PM »
Fixed. :)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 10/28- Republic HALO Jumper v.3
« Reply #543 on: October 28, 2006, 01:16 PM »
HALO Jumper v.2:

While he was a good custom overall, I wanted to do a version of him as a more Republic-era and more emphasis on a flight suit rather than full-on armor.

Republic HALO Jumpers were at the top of GAR's Air Force. Outfitted with a stabilizer pack with an oxygen generator attached to a helmet, these elite troopers were strong and brave enough to throw themselves out of Gunships at altitudes of nearly 30,000 feet. Usually placed behind enemy lines, they worked alone as strong, effecient infantry men.

Lieutenant Tyrral Ivalice was a non-clone enlistee in the 17th Jump Batallion. His pack and chest box is attached to a removable armor plate, and he wears a thermal jump bib over a padded flight suit. His weapons include a compact blaster pistol, and a carbine rifle with a ammo pack strapped to the stock.

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 10/30- Sargeant Anjek, 165th Legion
« Reply #544 on: October 30, 2006, 07:49 PM »
Name: Thes Anjek
Designation #: TF-5738, 165 Recon Legion, 3rd Batallion, 2nd Unit, 5th Platoon, 2nd Squad
Bio: Sargeant Anjek is stationed on Tatooine with the 165th Legion. Given the assignment of locating, raiding, and eliminating Rebel cells in the area, he is the leader of a squad of 8 other soldiers. Physically fit, with a beard outlining his chin, Sgt. Anjek is a strong, effecient leader.
Uniform: Stormtrooper upper armor, cargo pants, armored kneepads, combat boots
Equipment: web belt, ammo pouches, med kit, LRC-12 blaster carbine, CML-3 compact missile launcher

It's hard to notice, but there's a camo pattern on the chest and shoulder plates...

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 11/4 ARC Trooper Retalid
« Reply #545 on: November 4, 2006, 04:49 PM »
The traffic here has really declined...

Sargeant Retalid as a Training Officer in the Empire:

I picked up an extra H&V Clone Trooper at WalMart last night and I figured I might as well make him into Retalid as an ARC Trooper.

Republic-era and Imperial-era:

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 11/4- ARC Trooper Retalid
« Reply #546 on: November 5, 2006, 03:49 PM »
I did a small tutorial on weathering over at the Yakface forums. Here's a link.

The 34th Urban Operations Corps focuses on combat situations in hostile cities and other metropolitan areas. Outfitted with specialized armor plates and a camoflauge pattern on their chest and shoulders, they also carry field supplies and water in an equipment pack on their back.

Commander Vadith is a non-clone soldier in charge of the 34th. Carrying an outdated Clone Wars helmet to distinguish himself from his troops, he is a little hesitant to press full-on into combat and has been known to call back his forces easily.

Here's a pic showing some of my more recent (best) work:

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 11/5- Commander Vadith- 34th Urban Ops
« Reply #547 on: November 5, 2006, 03:55 PM »
Great combination of parts on Vadith, D_N. That helmet looks likes it's made from three different owners?

Your kamas always look good. Kinda tough and rugged.

I think the paint job is pristine, but a bit too much on the weathering side this time. Could be a bit cleaner, since Vadith isn't one to stay long in the frontlines  ;)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Nirvana's Customs- UPDATE 11/10- Another ARC(ish) Trooper...
« Reply #548 on: November 9, 2006, 05:15 PM »
Thanks Incom.

Threw this clone together after I picked up another H&V clone and the Mace BP. I figured he'd be a partner of some sorts to Retalid, I also repainted him as well to match.

One little feature I'm pretty proud of is his removable comm/supply pack:

Here he is with Retalid:

I'm hoping to possibly put together a short photostory about them taking down a Jedi during Order 66...any thoughts?

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 10, 2006, 12:14 PM »
Very nice clones!
I am not tired of clones yet, yours look like they have a believable paint scheme.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #550 on: November 16, 2006, 08:55 PM »
Very nice work on these Nirvana. You have had some really solid updates lately. Sorry about the lack of comments you've recieved lately.

I think Lieutenant Tyrral Ivalice is my favorite of the bunch. That jump pack you made for him is fantastic. The soft good vest, as always, is very well done. The only critique I have for it, and this goes for the one that uses the Han head as well, would be to use a less recognizable head. Hero heads rarely work well for customs that are supposed to be someone else unless the are drastically altered.

The wookiees look real nice to I like the dark one a lot.

Normally I'm not of fan of such heavy weathering, but you really make it look good, it is very much a trademark of yours, and in the end weathering usually comes down to personal preference. I think one area you may want to work on is decreasing the amount of weathering on the faces. The desert trooper is probably your best in that regard. The armor is nice weathered, but you lightened up on the face. The goatee and gray highlights are a nice touch and give him some rough edges without covering his face in dirt. If the custom really call for it some facial weathering is fine, but for the most part they look better when you don't weather the faces as much.

Anyways... nice updates. Keep posting here and don't let the lack of feedback discourage you, things will pick up again soon. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Commander Kallos, 45th Mobile Artillery Division
« Reply #551 on: November 26, 2006, 01:53 PM »
Thanks for the in-depth post there Ryan. You made some good points, thanks.

Eh, nothing special with this custom...repaint of a Clone Commander and a re-vamping of my mini-dio I made earlier in the summer...

The 45th Mobile Artillery Division is a battle group responsible for setting up artillery positions to assist other groups in combat. Generally kept a fair distance from heated battle, they mainly use mortar-type artillery pieces that rain hell down on the Seperatist forces.

Commander Kallos, a non-clone human in his forties, is a brilliant tactician and has a near-perfect track record when it comes to artillery strikes. His armor is grungy and dirty from the residue and exhaust from the powerful mortar launchers.

I know it's an Obi-Wan head, but i shaved off the side of his beard and added a scar to his face...

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-11-26- Commander Kallos, 45th Mobile Artillery Division
« Reply #552 on: November 30, 2006, 12:52 PM »
Well, I think you've un-Obi-Wanned the head pretty good. Again, the paint apps are top notch. The hands and helmet could be fitted a little better, though. But I think you used a #41 helmet, instead of the AT-TE Gunner's, right?

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
« Reply #553 on: December 1, 2006, 04:11 PM »
i thought it was a 41 helmet aswell...and i agree about the hands aswell....the paint apps are excelent as usual....id like to think i have a respectable amount of painting skill and every time i look at your customs i see i have a long way to go...i looked through all of your stuff on here a few days ago and every custom you posted was better than the one before it...and your still going...well done keep it up!
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 1, 2006, 04:34 PM »
It's actually a ATTE Gunner helmet, Incom and MBA. The Obi head doesn't fit too well though.

Kheedo Novar is a Rodian space pirate aspiring in the profession of arms smuggling. Many mercenaries, Mandalorians included, come to him when they are in need of a certain weapon. Unfortuneately, when he lost a shipment of weapons to Qibbu the Hutt, he lost both of his hands as punishment.

Well, I hope you like him. He was kind of rushed to meet the Friday deadline for the Yakfinities, but I still think he came out relatively good (well?). Thanks for looking.