Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 127257 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-12/14- Seperatist Guerilla Fighter
« Reply #570 on: December 26, 2006, 06:33 PM »
Thanks Deanna Rash and speedermike.

I was kinda hoping to save this guy for a big update later in the week, but he was finished and I thought he was pretty good. Once in a while I like to strayaway from my main custom projects and just have a little "painting exercise" just for fun.

The 188th Ranger Unit is a combat unit operating under the 41st Elite Corps. These troopers are specifically trained in jungle operations, stealth combat, and guerilla tactics. They often work in teams of 4 and are usually assigned to asset denial, destorying fuel depots, securing airfields, etc. Their armor is painted in several different types of camoflauge, their faces smeared with camo paint, and their weapons wrapped in cloth to help hide themselves in the thick foliage of the jungle. They carry a pack on their chest armor to keep their supplies handy.

Here is Sergeant Cass is a member of the 188th Ranger Unit. He is a calm and cool-headed leader, and is an excellent guerilla fighter.

The base figure is ROTS #41 with an AT-TE Gunner head, and was painted entirely with Tamiya brand acrylics (the best for clone customs IMO). 

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-12/26-118th Ranger Unit
« Reply #571 on: December 26, 2006, 09:44 PM »
 ;D Nice 8)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 27, 2006, 05:26 AM »
Very nice colour scheme, D_N.  8) The wrappings on the rifle are a cool detail.

Man, you should take a pic of all of your Clones to date. How many are there, actually?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 27, 2006, 06:35 PM »
You've been busy since I checked in last. Your work is consistantly amazing. Congratulations.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 29, 2006, 02:31 PM »
wow very nice good job.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-1/1- 4 New Customs
« Reply #575 on: January 1, 2007, 06:37 PM »
Thanks guys, your comments really help.

I was scrambling a bit to get a substantial update together today. They don't have anything in common, just random little customs that I came up with.

First, we have a third clone in the 84th Communications Corps:

Next we have a Phase 1 armored clone with colored legion markings:

The Imperial Intelligence Bureau was a special division of the Imperial Navy. Their main objectives were to locate and investigate terrorist cells and Rebel troop movements. They wore uniquely colored uniforms and had their own small fleet of space craft. Unfortunately, due to a string of failed campaigns, the Bureau was broken up and those serving under it were transferred to other battle groups.

And last but not least:

Private Korsal was an Imperial soldier serving under the 85th Infantry Division. He was his squad's communications officer. He carred a large pack with a powerful long-range antenna on it. When not wearing his helmet, he used a hands-free headset attached to his belt. He was killed in a Rebel ambush.

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

« Last Edit: January 1, 2007, 06:53 PM by Darth Nirvana »

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-1/1- Four New Customs
« Reply #576 on: January 1, 2007, 07:41 PM »
 :oYou guys do terrific work;  :'( I wish I had more time to work on mine ,but then I really have to be in the mood.GREAT JOB!!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-1/17
« Reply #577 on: January 17, 2007, 06:04 PM »
Hmm...over two weeks without an update...ouch. Anyways, I kind of feel ashamed posting such a simple update...I've had a bit of a customizer's block of some sort. I'm this close to giving up customizing for a while until some new figures come out. I'm sick of customizing the same thing.

So, all I did was take the "Sergeant Cass" figure from my Dec. 26th update and change his backstory, head, pauldron, weaponry, and added a helmet as well. So here goes:

ARC Trooper ARC-138, "Cass", specialized in jungle combat and black ops. Quiet, reserved, and an excellent combatant, Cass usually partakes in missions by himself, often spending weeks at a time tracking a certain objective and eventually eliminating it.

His Phase 2 armor is fully outfitted in an abstract camoflauge pattern to conceal himself in heavy foliage. His weapons of choice include a scoped DC-17s carbine as well as the BT-20, a shoulder-mounted heavy blaster cannon which was very useful for incapacitating vehicles.

And a pic of his custom weapons:

Like I said above, not much. Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 06:08 PM by Darth Nirvana »

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- New Update 1/24
« Reply #578 on: January 24, 2007, 05:00 PM »
Well, another week, another update.

This custom's a little slapdash just to get an entry in for this month's Yakfinities challenge. Spare parts, some black paint, Darth Vader's cape and lightsaber, and voila! A Dark Jedi...

Jedi Knight Evir Abren was a member of the Jedi Order until Order 66. When his small battle group of clones turned on him, he managed to fight back and defeat the squad that attacked him. Sneaking off the planet, he flew to the only reasonably safe location he knew- the lightsaber crystal meditation caves of Ilum.

Spending several months on the planet, he developed a sense of hatred towards the Republic, or newly-formed Empire, and decided to discard his Jedi Force limitations and use the untapped resources of the Dark Side...

Constructing a new, red-hued lightsaber, Abren turned to bounties and assasinations, as well as acting as a vigilante towards the Empire. As a tribute to his past life, he wore his armored boots as well as his torn and tattered robes from the Clone Wars.

Offline Milan

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- New Update 1/17
« Reply #579 on: January 29, 2007, 01:02 PM »
I like what you have done with the clones, but my favorite one is the stormtropper. good work!

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- New Update 1/17
« Reply #580 on: January 29, 2007, 03:50 PM »
 ;D I love the Jedi ! ;D

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- New Update 2/4
« Reply #581 on: February 4, 2007, 05:15 PM »
Well, I picked up the new Betrayal on Felucia pack last night. Very impressive set, but they were...clean. They're on a fungal jungle! So, I mixed up a cup of wash fluid and got to work. I also added some minor paint details (such as Bly's correct brown stripe paint scheme). I only have Bly and the 2 other CC mold grunts. The Evo one is getting turned into a medic of some sorts.
Bly:

Grunts:

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- New Update 2/4- 327th Star Corps
« Reply #582 on: February 4, 2007, 09:26 PM »
 ;D Nothing like a dirty trooper ;D They look great! DN 8)

Offline Happy Noodle Boy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing right!
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- New Update 2/4
« Reply #583 on: February 5, 2007, 01:21 AM »
Well, I picked up the new Betrayal on Felucia pack last night. Very impressive set, but they were...clean. They're on a fungal jungle! So, I mixed up a cup of wash fluid and got to work.

Superb work as always. The figures don't look like "figures" any more.  ;D

After looking at your customs, I've seen you mention these "washes" before, would you mind elaborating on what these are? I've also read about them elsewhere, but nothing really to provide much detail.

Keep them coming. Jeez, where do you find the time for all this???? :o

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs- New Update 2/5- Star Corps Medic
« Reply #584 on: February 5, 2007, 11:14 AM »
HNB, a "wash" is when you take black paint (or brown, or gray, or a mix, etc.) and dilute a lot with water. Then you paint it on the figure, wipe away the excess, and the last step is my "special step". I get rid of everything except what's in the crevices and some smudges with acetone.

Thanks DR and HNB for your comments.

With the 4th Star Corps trooper, I hated how the Evo helmet is like 3 times as big as the SA trooper's. So, I got rid of it and the pauldron, swapped out heads for the Ep2 trooper, and added some accesories and some paint details.

Private Orikan was a medic in the 327th Star Corps. He never wore a pauldron or a helmet in order to comfort the fatally wounded. He wore a pack on his back armor to house most of his medic supplies, and he carried a satchel that had emergency supplies such as medpacks, painkillers, and antidotes for the many poisonous plants and animals on Felucia.

Tending to the Wounded:

Reporting Casualties to Commander Bly:

I'm also working on an alternate outfit for Aayla Secura. That should be up today as well.

« Last Edit: February 5, 2007, 11:16 AM by Darth Nirvana »