Author Topic: D_N's Customs- Updated December 1st?!!!?!  (Read 127249 times)

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-3/14- Clone Wars Obi Wan
« Reply #600 on: March 14, 2007, 05:32 PM »
 ;DNICE AS ALWAYS!!! ;)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #601 on: March 16, 2007, 05:29 AM »
Yet another batch of great customs keep up the great work.

Ron

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-4/9- Jungle Troopers/Desert Commander
« Reply #602 on: April 9, 2007, 10:21 AM »
Wow...it's a been a while since I updated. I took pics of 4 new customs, but the pics of my Jedi Master were too dark to get any detail out of them.

First today, we have a pair of Jungle Recon/Ops Troopers. These elite soldiers are dropped behind enemy lines where they have to fend for themselves, scrounging together food, water, and shelter, and attacking at the oppurtune moment to cripple Seperatist troop movements or supply lines. They generally work in pairs who have been together since training.

Squad A-2 is comprised of Privates Zerrick and Caho. Private Zerrick is more of a gung-ho trooper, not afraid to get into any conflict at all. However, he sometimes gets too into the fight and usually ends up firing blindly into a loose group of battle droids. Private Caho, on the other hand, is more of a reserved trooper. He often prefers to get a large amount of recon and intel before he goes into a firefight. When he does, he often hands towards the back of the group and often picks droids off with a cool demeanor. The pair's personalities compliment one another very well, and they operate with machine-like precision and accuracy.

Squad A-2 (Zerrick on left, Caho on right)

Zerrick conferring with Jedi Master Wyn (not yet posted, maybe tomorrow)

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2007, 10:23 AM by Darth Nirvana »
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 9, 2007, 03:54 PM »
 8) Another Cool Jedi! I like it! The clone is great too! Great Job as Always! Keep it up!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-4/10- Hoth Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #604 on: April 10, 2007, 09:10 PM »
Thanks Deanna.

Really simple custom today. Mainly just a parts swap and a small repaint. I gave his armor a slight wash and some minor drybrushing/smudges to give his jumpsuit a bit of a grungy look.

Master Gunnery Sergeant Adan VanMeer was placed in command of the ATAT's armory in the Blizzard Force invasion of Hoth. His job was to keep track of armor integrity, hand out weapons to the elite snowtroopers, equip speeders and AT-STs with fuel and weaponry, and was bascially in charge of logisitics of the mission. He wore a standard ATAT jumpsuit with an old chest plate that was given to him by General Veers himself after it became "too damaged for a General to wear". He was a robust and strong leader, and always made sure "his" troops, vehicles, and equipment were prepared to perform to Imperial standards.

Well, I hope you like him. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
Re: D_N's Customs-4/10- Hoth Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #605 on: April 10, 2007, 10:00 PM »
I really like this one, DN! He seems to have the right amount of weathering for the situation you've described, and the best part of all is the arrogant imperial look on the head you chose for him. Nice work man - sometimes simple is beautiful   :)

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-4/10- Gunnery Sergeant VanMeer- Hoth Invasion
« Reply #606 on: April 11, 2007, 03:40 PM »
 :o OOHHH! I like that one! 8)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 11, 2007, 06:40 PM »
Great custom, sometimes the simplest changes amount to greatness ;) Only thing I'd add is some grime on his gloves and boots.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 19, 2007, 04:14 PM »
I didn't really like Gunnery Sergeant VanMeer too much, so I kind of overhauled him. Repainted the jumpsuit, added a cloth "bib" under his chest armor, and added gear and a holster on his ankle. Also changed the head and redid the backstory.

Gunnery Sergeant Elson was in charge of the armory on a Venator-class Imperial Star Destroyer. He was a former member of the 21st Nova Corps when Order 66 came around, and was transferred to 5th Fleet Auxillary. He served in the era after the fall of the GAR but was killed when his ship was in the vicinity of the Death Star when it exploded during the Battle of Yavin.

Whenever troops were being deployed for a mission on ground, he was sent with them to take care of their equipment, shelter, and food. He also often radioed into a Gunship in semi-orbit to resupply their ammunition, supplies, and food. He dressed in a matte-black jumpsuit with added chest armor to protect himself from the stray blaster bullet that would sometime make its way back to camp. If need be, he was also trained in combat and would be ready to defend the Empire at all costs.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-4/19- **Gunnery Sergeant Elson**
« Reply #609 on: April 20, 2007, 01:22 PM »
Even better, WOW.  where do you get that holster from?  Also I'd do the "button lights" on the chest armor, and give the pouches on his belt the buttons on those some silver.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-4/19- **Gunnery Sergeant Elson**
« Reply #610 on: April 20, 2007, 04:35 PM »
 ;D OOHHH! WOW! very Nice! 8)

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-4/23 Kit Fisto
« Reply #611 on: April 23, 2007, 06:20 AM »
Thanks guys. The holster is from a BBi figure- Navy Seal Sniper I think. I modded it a bit- I cut of a side pouch and added a strip of stryene to the front.

Today we have a small repaint of a Jedi. I decided I wanted a more realistic figure of Kit Fisto in my collection. He may not be 100% accurate, but it's good enough for me.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-5/8
« Reply #612 on: May 8, 2007, 12:25 AM »
Today I threw together 2 new clones. One is fan-fiction and the other from a Clone Wars novel.
The 972nd Legion of the GAR was a mid-size battle group of regulary trained soldiers. Adept at nearly all combat situations, they had a unimpressive success record, which led to the legion's disbanding and reassignment shortly before Order 66.

I went with a lighter weathering than usual. I kind of like the way it turned out.

In the book Jedi Trial, which narrates the story of  The Battle of Praesitlyn, there is a recon operation to probe the Seperatist lines to find a weak spot for an attack. There are two groups- an elite group of clone commandos, and another comprised of Anakin Skywalker, a Rodian, and a few human non-clone fighters. The last clone, a specially trained clone sergeant, nicknamed "The Green Wizard", had completed his mission but not in the correct amount of time. On his way back the artillery barrage that was supposed to happen after he had returned began to fall on his position.

CT-19/39, knowing the weak spot in the Seperatist lines, was unable to relay his information back to Command. Dying slowly, shell-shocked and his limbs severed, he knew he had failed the Republic.

I wanted to make him really dirty and as he looked before the artillery killed him. I would also reccomend Jedi Trial for any Clone Wars fan. Great book.

Well, I hope you like them. LMK what you think. Thanks for looking.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-5/8- 2 New Customs
« Reply #613 on: May 8, 2007, 06:40 AM »
nice customs. but i always thought that clone to be a ARC trooper. nice custom non the less.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: D_N's Customs-5/8- 2 New Customs
« Reply #614 on: May 8, 2007, 07:51 PM »
Those are all very neat customs. Nice work!!!  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!