Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 409032 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2006, 03:29 PM »
Yep, that a pretty good deal. Congrats.  :)

Offline Skyhoucker

• Youngling
  • It will be done, my lord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 26, 2006, 08:05 PM »
Thanks, Dale! I couldn't resist! I was up late and decided I'd check eBay to see what vintage figures were ending soon... I about crapped myself when I saw that... YESSSS!  :P
Finally finished RotS

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #107 on: January 26, 2006, 08:07 PM »
that's a really damn good deal. $5 per fig, hell that's less now than what TSC figures cost at walmart. well done skyhoucker!

I just won this Loose & Complete Endor Luke, have to send payment out tomorrow and then I will finally have a complete figure for the first time in 21 years!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Skyhoucker

• Youngling
  • It will be done, my lord.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 26, 2006, 08:10 PM »
Sweet pickup, Horn! I've got my eye on a carded ROTJ Tusken Raider... I want that figure soooooo bad... Yeah, I thought $5/figure for those guys was a helluva deal... couldn't stop thinking how lucky I was after it ended and I won!
Finally finished RotS

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 26, 2006, 09:57 PM »
The Luke Poncho is a good deal, he has gone for a bit more loose. Comes with a green saber eh! 

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2006, 05:35 PM »
The Luke Poncho is a good deal, he has gone for a bit more loose. Comes with a green saber eh! 

yeah the saber has me a bit confused too. could be nothing more than the seller not realizing this figure shouldn't come with the saber. but on the flip side, the pic isn't good enough to tell if the blaster is a repro or not, so i could wind up with a couple of repro accessories. still worth the risk just to get the poncho and belt.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2006, 06:04 PM »
I just noticed something else too, there is something in the hand of the figure pictured.  ???

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2006, 01:51 PM »
I just noticed something else too, there is something in the hand of the figure pictured.  ???

I'm not sure what you're seeing Dale, looking at the bigger picture I can see thru the opening in the hand to the poncho. But no worries even if the figure is damaged, I have another figure I can swap the accessories with, then it's onto making a ROTJ Throne Room Duel Luke  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2006, 03:00 PM »
It almost looks like he's holding a broken branch, dark on the outside and lighter brown at the tip. Guess it's just the way the colors of the poncho is coming through the hand.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2006, 03:37 AM »
Today while I was wasting my time downtown at the stores ::), mini-slothus(my son Tyler) went to the thrift store and nabbed a vintage jackpot for me :o! He nabbed me a vintage Rancor, also a Jabba's playset, a tauntaun, and a wampa. Got a Max rebo too but couldn't remember if that was part of Jabbas playset or not. Atta Boy! 8)

--J

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2006, 05:34 PM »
It almost looks like he's holding a broken branch, dark on the outside and lighter brown at the tip. Guess it's just the way the colors of the poncho is coming through the hand.

Well I finally got the Endor Luke on Saturday, took 3 weeks to get it, sheesh! I am glad to say that the figure and the poncho are just fine, however the blaster and saber were indeed repros. I knew going in that I was taking the risk, but it was worth it for the price to score the hard to find (on their own) poncho and belt. Alas, the hunt for an original blaster will continue.

In fact, the hunt took me to a nearby vintage toy shop in Chicago and while I didn't find the Endor Luke blaster, I did score an A-Wing Pilot blaster, Rancor Keeper Staff, and 2 left flaps for a Speeder Bike for a grand total of 5 bucks. I was amazed to get the blaster for so little a price as it now completes my A-Wing Pilot. Oh and if anyone has a right speeder bike flap to trade for a left one, do let me know.  ;D
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 24, 2006, 06:28 AM »
Not hard to find or anything, but I finally decided to get the camo collar Hanjust so I could add that variation.  If things go well, I may add another Han this weekend.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 02:58 PM by Chris M »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2006, 04:11 PM »
Very nice Endor Han Chris & a good price.  :)

Well I finally upgraded my loose Imperial Dignitary, no more nose chip.  8)

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 2, 2006, 11:13 PM »
Got my newest carded in the mail today.  A ESB 32 back (i think) Yoda i won off ebay for $30

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 3, 2006, 01:31 AM »
I won this auction a few days ago and it arrived today.  All of the figures are minimum C-8.5 and all of the accessories are original, no repros...!  Not bad for $60!!!

I'm sorry to say the the Han Blaster is not original. Blue blasters did not ship until the ESB line and none shipped with the ANH Han. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."