Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 409166 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1185 on: August 6, 2012, 05:25 PM »
Well this has been along coming & will be my last for a bit... untill Celebration CVI rolls around anyway... lmao!

This fellow needs no introduction but I will say, he's real & he's spectacular! Messa one happy camper!  ;D

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 6, 2012, 09:44 PM »
Oh snap, and with the original gun too!!

I'd love to hear more details about how you came by this...certainly the Grail of any collection.

I hope to be like you too one day.  ;D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 6, 2012, 10:44 PM »
WOW.  Where did you get that and who did you have to murder?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1188 on: August 7, 2012, 01:54 AM »
Very very nice!!!! Still my holy grail the eludes me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 9, 2012, 09:58 AM »
Wow! Paul must pay his staff well. That thing is beautiful!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 10, 2012, 01:55 AM »
Holy **** Dale!  That's a beauty, congrats on tracking him down!  Did you have a recent trip to Brazil?  :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 10, 2012, 09:14 PM »
Boo-yah!  Nice work Dale. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1192 on: August 14, 2012, 06:26 PM »
Holy ****.

Outstanding piece Dale. I was at Quake over the weekend and bought a MIB Rebel Command Center. Great find. He had tons of great stuff this weekend actually.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1193 on: August 17, 2012, 02:29 PM »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 18, 2012, 10:14 PM »
Got some Jawa droid factory parts free at a yard sale today. Most of the legs have ripped pegs, sadly, the parts don't hold up well in that regard.  There were actually hoses, though.

A pegless R5-D4 leg and an R2 leg, too...from the actual figures. 

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #1195 on: September 4, 2012, 02:39 AM »
It's been a wile since i posted a new purchase. A friend that owed me money went to C VI so I told him if he could find something there to get if for me. He picked up a 45 back " Display arena" Cloud car pilot for a steal. He already booked his hotel in Germany for next year, I need to lend him more money so I can get some of the forein stuff next year.
He's no good to me open

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: September 4, 2012, 10:26 PM »
Picked up a vintage diecast x-wing with complete guns and canopy. The guns on mine somehow disappeared.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #1197 on: September 23, 2012, 06:00 PM »
Dale - great pickup on the Vlix, it's a beauty. Also great to meet you at C6, what a blast that was. Seems like just yesterday but really it was now a month ago :(

So it's been quite a while since I've shared my latest vintage scores. I went through a dry period earlier this year but still had some good picks leading into C6...

Over the winter I picked up a NRFB POTF Battle Wagon, along with a cheap combo of Barada & EV-9D9 to fill in my POTF Jabba Dungeon set, and a Droids C-3PO (sans left leg which I had previously picked up)...

Then it was on to the Kane County Toy Show in April where though I did not score big as I did in the Fall, I did get a few nice pieces including 3 Hans! The loose Hoth Han is the molded boots version - a nice way to complete that variant as I got it for $5!! The baggie figures were a nice touch too, as they totaled $40.

At some point over the summer I picked up a Hollow Tubed Tusken off of the RS vintage boards. Lots of yellowing on the torso and the head is on the verge of falling off, but it displays nicely overall and I couldn't say no for the price.

Then it was on to Celebration 6 where I went a little overboard with my purchasing.  ;D I picked up a lot of loose figures, the Droids/Ewoks figs help fill gaps in my collection and are super mint - the dealer indicated they came off of cut cards. The remaining loose figures came from a couple of bins where it was 5/$40 and all are either upgrades or unique variants (Lili Ledy Jedi Luke!!). The Amanaman I was able to pick up at the Collector's Swap Meet which was a blast in of itself. The baggie Endor Han was a $10 pickup - still looking into details on it as it's not a standard baggie.

Loose figures weren't the only thing procured at C6, not only did I get a couple of Star Tots from the Archive panels and a great Tatooine Skiff box from Toy Chamber, but I also got one of my holy grails!! An offerless ROTJ Jedi Luke!! A big thanks for the Jedi Luke not only goes to the guy who sold it to me at the Collector's Swap Meet, but to Bill Cable as well who unbeknownst to him helped me score this piece. I was sitting next to Bill at the swap meet and at some point he had to leave but didn't want to take with him a poster from the Clone Wars Season 5 premiere so he left it behind and said I could do with it as I please. Well this guy comes around later and sees the poster and really wants it, it drew him to our table. We get to talking and I notice he has the Jedi Luke in hand and he mentions he wants to sell it. After some discussion and back & forth, I trade him the poster and $45 for the Jedi Luke, SWEET!

Finally here's a better shot of the Jedi Luke in an AFA acrylic slab (purchased just for the Luke via their website where they honored the C6 price). One reason I was able to get the figure so cheap besides trading the poster is that it has a few creases and the bubble is yellowed. But as you can see it displays beautifully and is now one of the prize pieces of my collection. Unfortunately it sits in a closet right now since I don't have much of a display area at my fiancee's home, but I still look at it often. :)

In the end it has turned out to be an eventful 2012 in vintage collecting for me. The last few weeks have turned up a couple of Craigslist hauls which I hope to share soon.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: September 23, 2012, 11:31 PM »
Congrats on all your finds, especially on your grail offerless Luke.  That's gotta feel good.  8)

And those Star Tots rock.  :D

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1199 on: September 23, 2012, 11:47 PM »
Congrats on the Jedi Luke!  :) I know how hard they are to find without an offer on the card. I only have one vintage carded figure, and an offerless 77-back Jedi Luke is it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk