Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 409028 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1215 on: October 12, 2012, 11:27 PM »
I scored a minty complete Twin Pod Cloud Car for $15 yesterday as well as a $15 Complete Hoth Ice Planet playset.  Some of the cardboard is worn, but the elevator to the AT-AT still works and it looks clean otherwise.  Not a bad haul...

Garage sale find, ebay?

Comic store find.  I went back again today and snagged a Death Star playset with all the stickers (but missing the attachment for the gun) and the Hoth Rebel Command Center for $40.  Cool to see some of these older cardboard sets.  I'll try to get some pictures up this weekend.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: October 14, 2012, 01:33 PM »
I scored a minty complete Twin Pod Cloud Car for $15 yesterday as well as a $15 Complete Hoth Ice Planet playset.  Some of the cardboard is worn, but the elevator to the AT-AT still works and it looks clean otherwise.  Not a bad haul...

Garage sale find, ebay?

Comic store find.  I went back again today and snagged a Death Star playset with all the stickers (but missing the attachment for the gun) and the Hoth Rebel Command Center for $40.  Cool to see some of these older cardboard sets.  I'll try to get some pictures up this weekend.

What store?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #1217 on: October 15, 2012, 01:04 PM »
Snagged a vintage boxed AT-AT this weekend for $50.  I have a mint complete At-At, just needed a box, and didn't want to pay rediculous prices for one.

The At-At itslf was a bit beat only missing the 2 clear chin guns...discolored legs, and the corners were beat up, 1 side gun looked like a dog chewed it.  The box was in darn near perfect shape, however the one side flap was cut off, but taped back on (raher nicely) with clear tape.  It still displays well.

Not sure but I'll probably look to sell the At-At, just to try and make a few $ back on the purchase, and or break it down and sell for parts.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #1218 on: October 25, 2012, 04:32 PM »
Bought a lot...in it I managed to score a few more boxes (and instructions for some)..avg. about $15-$20per, all in just outstanding condition with the excepton being the POP cut out. (side note being some coloring on the DS space station...weird it's probably NM otherwise.

SW DS Space Station
ROTJ Ewok Villiage
ESB Turret and Probot playset
ESB Darth Vader Star Destroyer
ESB Millenium Falcon
ESB Slave I
ESB Dagobah playset

Not a steal, but a pretty darn good score I think.  I'll be picking up on Sat., so I'll save on S&H as well, which can be high due to the sizes of some of the boxes.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1219 on: October 25, 2012, 07:53 PM »
And I believe I'm getting one of those off him too.  :)  Box for my original Ewok Playset my brother got for XMas one year that's now in my collection.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #1220 on: October 26, 2012, 05:34 PM »
Good pickups on the boxes bf14, hard to find just the boxes in good shape for many of those. So sometimes a premium has to be paid, I think you did fine personally.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: October 27, 2012, 07:30 AM »
My local comic shop had gotten in some loose vintage figures recently, and they are having a big sale this weekend, so I picked up a complete General Madine and Hoth Rebel Commander for $12 total, mostly just for the weapons, as the ones I already have were incomplete. Turned out to be a great deal because when I got home I realized both of the ones I picked out were variant versions to the ones I already had. (Darker scarf/goggles on the commander and different head sculpt for Madine)

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: October 27, 2012, 09:35 AM »
Nice score.  I love it when that happens.  When I was buying up vintage carded figs years ago I accidentally snagged two Yodas via auction.  I didnt think I was going to win the first, so I bid on a second.  I was pissy about it until they arrived and one was the Dark Green version.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: December 5, 2012, 11:47 PM »
Scored a vintage Ewok playset recently.  Okay, I'm lying, it wasn't an Ewok playset, rather, it was the Robin Hood Sherwood Forest playset.  To-may-to, to-mah-to.  I actually prefer the paint job on the Robin Hood set.  Pretty neat piece, but it was missing a few parts. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1224 on: December 10, 2012, 09:51 PM »
Agreed, that Sherwood set is IMO better.  You get foliage and stuff.  Great set.

I got a Death Star and Ewok box, both missing POP's and the DS had some coloring on the back, but otherwise the colors and stuff were nice, pretty decent shape.  I have an Ewok playset from my brother's childhood here, which now has a box, and I figure I can now opt out for a non boxed Death Star and get one cheaper.  The boxes were $25 from a local buddy so I figured it was a decent deal.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: December 12, 2012, 11:46 PM »
Not bad.  I need to track down a Dagobah playset box.  I love the picture on the box. 
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: December 13, 2012, 06:04 PM »
I recently landed a few POTF Mini-rigs off Ebay.  I knew about the Security Scout, but I didn't even realize there was a one man skiff.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: December 15, 2012, 03:45 PM »
Wow! You must have paid a pretty penny for those.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: December 16, 2012, 09:08 AM »
Wow! You must have paid a pretty penny for those.

Well, I definitely paid an upcharge over the original retail price.  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1229 on: December 17, 2012, 02:03 AM »
The Endor thingie's always been one I wish I could find in sorta crummy shape for cheap and make a custom out of it.  It's one of those blasphemous things I know but that's a vehicle I always liked the looks of it.  :)