Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 409054 times)

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1485 on: April 11, 2014, 08:32 PM »
Hey Dale what carded figs are you selling?. Nice score all, man its cool to see the good luck we're all having. There is only one guy here in San Diego I know that has a Vintage collection and he's been jobless for years so he can't buy anything. All the shops here are a rip-off and the stuff they sell is beat.
He's no good to me open

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1486 on: April 12, 2014, 12:47 PM »
I picked up a couple figures at Steel City Con.  Upgrades and a well priced brown snake Yoda.  He was my prize for the weekend.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: April 16, 2014, 05:42 PM »
Any news on those figures from the boss Jesse. Sounds like a nice score.

As for the stuff I am letting go, carded POTF, Droids, Ewoks & the odd carded figs. I have them loose so changing my focus on thinning the carded stuff. I will post in the vintage classified's here after the months end when I am done with the Calgary Comic Con.  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1488 on: April 16, 2014, 08:44 PM »
Nah I haven't seen her...  She's on the road one way, I'm on the road the other, so we're not crossing paths for a bit I think.  She said she'd bring them when we're both in the same spot which should be within a month or so since there's inventories going on I'll get stuck helping her with.  >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: April 19, 2014, 02:49 AM »
Here's something a little different, the Ewok Woodland Wagon from Kenner's Preschool line. I'm a huge sucker for cute stuff like this and am stoked to add it to my Ewok Fire Cart.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 02:53 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: April 19, 2014, 11:11 AM »
That is really cool Jesse, I didn't even know they existed! I like the cute/obscure angle, and they didn't seem to have too much in the vintage days.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 03:36 PM by Dan »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1491 on: April 19, 2014, 11:36 AM »
I remember these at KMart right at the end when everything got blown out. I know we got some of the plush Ewoks along with some of the figures.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: April 22, 2014, 04:20 AM »
Thanks guys, I've been eyeing up these sets for quite a while and finally decided to jump in. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: April 30, 2014, 12:40 AM »
I added a few great pieces to my collection this past weekend after attending a toy show in Victoria, BC.

First off, my Canadian Ewok Village.  Box is a bit beaten up, but the playset is complete.  I never thought I'd jump in on one of these!

I also found a boxed Laser Cannon and 3 minty Snowtroopers to add to my growing army.  I actually thought the Cannon was a Canadian box when I bought it at a vintage toy store, but when I got home I realized it was a Trilogo (or is it referred to as bilogo?).  I totally missed the presence of six languages (!).  I didn't expect to find a foreign box like this!

And finally, an ESB figure case, it'll display nicely with my CDN SW one.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: April 30, 2014, 01:08 AM »
Nice grabs Jesse!  Is the Canadian EV the same as the US one except for the box?  Those snowtroopers look right out of the shell.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 04:41 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: April 30, 2014, 08:05 AM »
Is that home to French Canadian Ewoks?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: April 30, 2014, 04:17 PM »
Latest acquisition in what I like to call my "junkyard version attempt at a complete vintage collection" (yes that's an oxymoron):

Traded (really sold the card and then bought the toy) a Willie Mays card for an incomplete loose Droids A Wing. Missing one landing gear, the battery cover (I can live without both of those) AND the canopy. No canopy sucks. Hope to some day pick up the canopy or worse case half ass a POTF2 one onto it.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: April 30, 2014, 04:43 PM »
That's not a bad deal at all.  You could probably piece together most of what you need from other parts or the POTF2 version like you said.  I'd call that a win. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1498 on: April 30, 2014, 07:53 PM »
Does the canopy have the innards and the button to pop it on the back hull?  The POTF2 is a darker red is why I ask, but a generally better canopy.  I don't think the innards were changed at all.  Same with the landing gear, IIRC.  The battery lid has the same different red color issue though.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: April 30, 2014, 07:59 PM »
Does the canopy have the innards and the button to pop it on the back hull?  The POTF2 is a darker red is why I ask, but a generally better canopy.  I don't think the innards were changed at all.  Same with the landing gear, IIRC.  The battery lid has the same different red color issue though.

I believe it does. When giving it a quick look over I was thinking it looked like there was a piece to hook the canopy onto. Just need to figure out where my loose POTF2 A Wing is hiding.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within